Sign in to follow this  
Maximilian (DayZ)

Why dont Americans use American servers?

Why don't all you Americans use American servers?

Better ping, same timeframe (day and night) and best of all you guys get to hear your own accents! The Auzzie one must piss you guys off right?

There are plenty of US slots so why connect to a server on the edge of the planet?

Why don't all you Americans use American servers?

Better ping' date=' same timeframe (day and night) and best of all you guys get to hear your own accents! The Auzzie one must piss you guys off right?

There are plenty of US slots so why connect to a server on the edge of the planet?

[/quote']

Not sure why they do it. I stay in the US servers better ping for me. Maybe for daylight? Not sure..

why do dozens of Australians play on US servers?

is it really that big of a deal?

in fact i remember 4 or 5 Australians on the NYC 1 server last night singing "Down Under" over side chat.

short answer: deal with it

The European and Australian servers are less Kiddie Call of Doody. Lots more teamwork and better servers than the US and NYC servers. I join those and it is non stop PEW PEW PEW L337 skillxorz sniping from every single rooftop. I am in the U.S. also.

Personally, I do it to chase Daylight. That said, the RU server is not any less trigger happy than the US or NYC ones, in my experience.

Just my two cents.

I have to give it to the euro's on being player-for-player an all-around more civilized and less douche-y playerbase, it's why I played there, although I'm finding US3/4 to be leaps ahead of NYC and US1,2 cruft.

That being said, the real problem here I believe is the chasing Daylight thing. Expect this to be the player's "solution" to the problem of unplayable day/night cycles until the devs fix it so it's more reasonable (oddly enough if the same logic were applied to food cycles as is for day/night, we'd never need to eat for days at a time and this thing of getting thirsty every few hours, well that'd be tripled at least)

Why the russians come and talk their language on the FRENCH server ?

You can't do anything about it.

Yea this is a bit annoying, but not much you can do about the day light chasers until they start kicking for high pings. Given that I'm rarely able get onto my local servers I'm getting pretty used to the night in game.

Personally' date=' I do it to chase Daylight. That said, the RU server is not any less trigger happy than the US or NYC ones, in my experience.

Just my two cents.

[/quote']

A discussion on trigger happy coming from the person that killed my first ever character! ;)

Honestly, I don't see an issue with people chasing daylight. If it'll stop people complaining about the dev's so called "Unplayable" day/night cycles, which are an important part of the gameplay - then so be it. Personally, I'm happy to stalk the plains at night, it's easier to avoid other survivors anyway.

Night is the only time I'll venture into Cherno, even on the EU server [which is very civilised.]

in fact i remember 4 or 5 Australians on the NYC 1 server last night singing "Down Under" over side chat.

Edited out my remark here...seems since I became a mod people have been hunting down all my posts to find complaints about me

I don't get why you'd want to play on another server outside of the one closest to you. I find the whole idea of getting on when it's day time in real life, and night time in real life really interesting and fun. I am from the US and I stick to US servers. :/

Personally' date=' I do it to chase Daylight. That said, the RU server is not any less trigger happy than the US or NYC ones, in my experience.

Just my two cents.

[/quote']

From my experience, a quite lot of players have "If it speaks English, shoot it" policy on Russian server, because "Americans* are assholes" (that would be a quote by some dude from there). That being said, I never play on RU and mostly keep to EU1/2.

* - for a typical Russian, anyone who speaks English equals an American.

A discussion on trigger happy coming from the person that killed my first ever character! ;)

I never claimed to be a good person! Nothing personal, and I don't super remember you, to be honest. Sorry, though!

well when there was only 1 server available...i made friends with certain people and well, they play on EU server, so I play on EU server. My available time to play unfortunately only allows me to play at night on EU server, so the night is difficult but it has also provided me the ability to survive at night , more so than other people that day-chase from server to server. I've thought about moving to the US server. I am an american, and I, Blackwater, play on EU2. Deal

I play in the US server purely because you yankees clog up the Oz servers. Seriously' date=' you guys have 6 servers to choose from, we have 2...and bad internet infrastructure...the only reason I can think of is because America in general is loud, obnoxious, and always invading other countries...servers.

I think you yanks need to man-up and play some night-time games. Thanks to you guys spamming the join button on the Oz servers Ive played almost entirely at night...the pros and cons almost balance out playing in daylight

[/quote']

Get a load of this guy.

As an American, I play on US2 pretty much exclusively late at night, I don't bother to chase daylight since I value a good ping over everything else. That said, I don't mind at all seeing Europeans, or Australians in the US servers, I don't really think it matters, Infact I've saved a few from death before. Maybe those Americans on the AU servers have made friends there, or maybe they work a third shift and don't want to just play the game in the dark 24/7.

I think there are more factors than people consider, but most of all I don't think it really matters.

I usually play on whatever server has space, which usually isnt the EU ones (I'm from UK) which is what leads me to play on US servers sometimes

So because I come from a different part of the world I get stereotyped and hated on. There are some real mature comments made from a lot of apparently "intelligent" people.

Seeing some of the reasoning here makes me sick, you'd figure people could escape a lot of the BS by playing a game with friends but a few losers prove that ignorance knows no bounds.

I'm Canadian and I play on Eu2 exclusively as I have many friends who are European and play on that server. I do not believe anyone should be forced to play an any particular server and those ignorant posters should open their minds to the possibility that their nation has as many faults as the next. I will gladly help anyone in need who doesn't present an immediate danger to me as I am not a narrow minded bigot who is racist based on nations.

As for "day chasers" they play to their own needs and who do people think they are to consider themselves better then anyone else.

Okay, I have remained out of this conversation until now, but I feel like I cannot any more. To clarify 100%:

We, at DayZ, do NOT discriminate against players from any country (or for anything else for that matter) playing on any server in any way that they see fit. The different servers were put up to cover different timezones so that players would have a choice when deciding what server they wished to play on.

The US servers are not exclusively for the use of US players(the same goes for all the other servers) and are provided for use by both third parties that have been kind enough to allow us use of their boxes(free of charge I might add, and hosting isn't cheap) and some are even run by DayZ staff, as well as everything else that they do for the mod.

The mod has been created for everyone to enjoy, and is designed in such a way that people can play in any way that they see fit, if some players only want to play in daylight, then that is their choice. If a bunch of US players, or Russian players, or whatever players wants to play on X,Y,Z server then you should be as considerate as you would be to anyone else that plays on that server, regardless of nationality.

I'm US and have a cruddy ping so you'll never see me on other servers (although I wouldn't mind giving it a try!) I don't care what part of the world you are from. You want to play with me on any server, cheers!

That said the obvious solution to the "day chasers" is to kindly ask the US server administrators to please consider syncing and labeling at least one or two of them as "West Coast" servers. Doesn't matter if the server is actually in New York or Dallas or wherever... just adjust the ingame time to reflect a different time zone and it's name in the server browser. (Although I really hope someone in Seattle or LA will bite the bullet soon and put one or two up! I could really use the help with the ping!)

I do not understand the hate on America. Our government is just as corrupt as the other governments, and the people living under it are doing what they can to get by. We do not agree with the foreign policy. But, if you havent noticed, we dont make the rules here. American "Freedom" is an illusion and has been since the 1930's.

Hate the bureaucracy buying off our congressmen, dont hate the people. You are going to run into assholes no matter what country they come from, its not like the US has a majority. Please think before just assuming that all Americans are war mongering obese idiots. After all, what does it say about you if you blindly buy into blanket-assumptions and stereotypes?

Guest Suffocation

Guys, this isn't a political debate or a debate about the economy... Please read Adam's post and leave it at that. He has answered the OP's question and now its done.

Okay, I left the thread open so that you guys could cuddle and make up, but seeing that isnt going to happen, so:

<--- Thread Closed --->