TheBeanAholic

What Has Changed The Dayz Player Mentality

Ever since big COD youtubers posted gameplay of dayz a huge wave of Cod fanboys started playing. Ever since PVP has grown exponentially and has created a larger force of whiners on the forums. Do you guys believe this is the cod fanboys coming over and killing everyone on sight because that's what they believe because these youtubers only post shoot out videos. This made everyone change to a shoot first ask questions later mentality. Or do you believe another reason is too blame.

For Example: my first day playing i ran into a player who was bleeding in the grocery store in cherno, he was geared up and i just spawned i could of shot him with my makorov and took his stuff or he could of killed me, but he didnt and i bandaged him up since he was out of em. In return he gave me his .45 and we went our separate ways .Now though if i ran into somebody ill just shoot em regardless and even if you try to help someone they kill you because everyone is paranoid. This has hindered a big social aspect of the game a little

FYI:im not talking about players who after being geared up go pvp im all for that and im only using cod as a example since it is brought up a lot

Edited by TheBeanAholic
  • Like 8

You just made a thread about how you want people to start with a makarov and 1 mag, and you're making a thread complaining that people are pvp'ing? Sense, none.

Edited by BunnyHillPro

You just made a thread about how you want people to start with a makarov and 1 mag, and you're making a thread complaining that people are pvp'ing? Sense, none.

like i said im not complaining im just saying the player mentality has changed since then. im a huge pvper i find it fun, but everyone being one kinda ruins a social aspect that this game had. also one makarov mag wont kill shit unless you run into a kid with down syndrome i want it for self defense in case i run into a asshole with a hatchet or etc

Yes they have, big time

Stop blaming the dreaded COD kids. Everyone always does it and blames the current woes of a game on it so they don't have to admit that their community is made up largely of assholes.

The only thing more annoying than the supposed "COD kiddies" is people whining about COD kiddies.

Edited by amudkipz
  • Like 2

I agree, it has changed, and it's for the worse. It's sad how childish and demanding "GIMME GIMME" the playerbase has come when they have no entitlement to begin with. I hope it will get better, but like with every game... popularity brings these kind of people.

Stop blaming the dreaded COD kids. Everyone always does it and blames the current woes of a game on it so they don't have to admit that their community is made up largely of assholes.

yes i agree the reg dayz community is full of assholes, but they have place because with all the assholes you have people who are friendly but since cod players thinking its a shooter that small community of friendly's has turned to ass holes because they have to too survive

The truth is that people are getting bored after a few hours of exploration and getting pwnsome gear. What's left after that? PvP (and pranking). That's the simple truth.

Hopefully it will be more in the future, but it currently isn't.

• Like 1

Ever since big COD youtubers posted gameplay of dayz a huge wave of Cod fanboys started playing. Ever since PVP has grown exponentially and has created a larger force of whiners on the forums. Do you guys believe this is the cod fanboys coming over and killing everyone on sight because that's what they believe because these youtubers only post shoot out videos. This made everyone change to a shoot first ask questions later mentality.

For Example: my first day playing i ran into a player who was bleeding in the grocery store in cherno, he was geared up and i just spawned i could of shot him with my makorov and took his stuff or he could of killed me, but he didnt and i bandaged him up since he was out of em. In return he gave me his .45 and we went our separate ways .Now though if i ran into somebody ill just shoot em regardless and even if you try to help someone they kill you because everyone is paranoid. This has hindered a big social aspect of the game a little

Nothing to see here! Another opinion looking for justification to try to rationalize something they have no control over.

1,000,000 unique users being surprised that some people came over from COD is being naive. People came from COD, Starcraft 2, Mindcraft, World Of Warcraft, LOL, DOTA, BF3, etc.......

Would you know how to control 1,000,000 people and how they play? Its a sandbox to think there wouldn't be a portion of the pop that shoot on sight is dumb. Me and my friends came from Starcraft 2 and we shoot on sight. Explain to me why we do that?

Edited by oZiix

Nothing to see here! Another opinion looking for justification to try to rationalize something they have no control over.

1,000,000 unique users being surprised that some people came over from COD is being naive. People came from COD, Starcraft 2, Mindcraft, World Of Warcraft, LOL, DOTA, BF3, etc.......

Would you know how to control 1,000,000 people and how they play? Its a sandbox to think there wouldn't be a portion of the pop that shoot on sight is dumb. Me and my friends came from Starcraft 2 and we shoot on sight. Explain to me why we do that?

because you have to to survive if you dont you sure will be killed. It hasn't always been like that though is what im saying

Someone shot me in the face because I screwed up

Better call him a CoD kid and blame it on CoD

Because we all know CoD is the worst thing that ever happened to gaming

Everything bad ever happening in games comes from CoD

CoD is the devil and needs to be mentioned AT ANY GIVEN TIME whenever something is supposed to be negative

Get a fucking clue....seriously

I'm an oldschool OFP veteran and even I find your attempts to blame CoD ridiculous

Edited by Hawk24

Im from the Arma community and they say the same thing about dayz people that dayz people say about COD people.

The truth is that people are getting bored after a few hours of exploration and getting pwnsome gear. What's left after that? PvP (and pranking). That's the simple truth.

Hopefully it will be more in the future, but it currently isn't.

yea i agree but in this case once they find a gun or any weapon their next objective is to kill and a lot of the times they dont even loot the body if your going to hunt player hunt for there loot at least

There is no "CoD" mentality. There are a bunch of older players who have been around since the early stages who realize that the game is incredibly boring without PvP. If you say otherwise, you're either a brand new player or someone who has never left the bean coast.

• Like 2

Im not sure if the COD kiddies can take the full blame for this current state of the game. With the absence of an endgame or anything to do once geared up, then people are simply resorting to PVPing as a means to find something to do.

I remember in the early days (when both the bandit counter and murders counter was very low) people were so more helpful. You would spawn and meet up with 'friendlies' and then try and find gear, the zombies were the enemy and you banded together to overcome them. It was actually enjoyable making new friends and playing the hero/saviour.

This is now currently missing from the game.

There is simply no comradry left and no sense of humanity at all. Humans naturally want to form small groups/communities to then work collaborately to survive, its what we do, its what we have done since we crawled out of caves. This is not a true simulation at all, in fact I think its a cover to conceal the limitations of the game to probably implement this effectively.

Hmm we cannot enable this in game so perhaps we simply say its a true survival game !!, wrong.

But anyway, nuff said on the matter. Dayz has now hit over 1 million players so they must be doing something right. I guess there is an allure or expectation of whats to come, will it change the game, will it make it better... ? However once this doesnt come to pass then people will simply move on, at the moment its the unknown that is keeping people like myself hanging around.

Time is ticking though, competition is coming. The player base will be divided, this is inevitable, the hardcores and cod kids will remain here and the casual/team players out there will move to a game that supports that style more.

There is nothing wrong with this from a players perspective, we are all different and if they can cater to our individuality then great !

like i said im not complaining im just saying the player mentality has changed since then. im a huge pvper i find it fun, but everyone being one kinda ruins a social aspect that this game had. also one makarov mag wont kill shit unless you run into a kid with down syndrome i want it for self defense in case i run into a asshole with a hatchet or etc

You can't complain about the community, if you're part of the problem.

because you have to to survive if you dont you sure will be killed. It hasn't always been like that though is what im saying

You do know many people play the game now that its not hard to get your irl friends or gaming friends from other communities to play with you. Then everyone else is the enemy. I don't really see what your point is. I watch streams all the time of DayZ and see alot of people say friendly and not kill. Maybe you just have to try it more often. I don't do it but if thats what your looking for its still out there.

Your probably only getting that from fresh spawning though. Anyone with gear will hardly trust anyone else.

Edited by oZiix

Someone shot me in the face because I screwed up

Better call him a CoD kid and blame it on CoD

Because we all know CoD is the worst thing that ever happened to gaming

Everything bad ever happening in games comes from CoD

CoD is the devil and needs to be mentioned AT ANY GIVEN TIME whenever something is supposed to be negative

Get a fucking clue....seriously

I'm an oldschool OFP veteran and even I find your attempts to blame CoD ridiculous

funny thing is i never blamed cod i was asking to see what you guys think is changing the community and cod is the biggest answer so i wanna see if you guys think thats true but since your a OFS vetren and your infinite wisdom because you think your so special and better than everyone because you play a old school hardcore game

I think rocket has the right idea. We'll see things shift once more tools come into play. Factions... notoriety... deeper character customization... and more end game goals beyond vehicle repair. Like basebuilding and gear production which would be a large incentive for cooperation and grouping.

People want challange, and currently the biggest challenge is killing bandits... the second biggest challenge is killing players in general.

Edited by integ3r

There is no "CoD" mentality. There are a bunch of older players who have been around since the early stages who realize that the game is incredibly boring without PvP. If you say otherwise, you're either a brand new player or someone who has never left the bean coast.

i love pvp but when thats all people do because if you dont do it you will get killed that ruins a huge part of the game

You do know many people play the game now that its not hard to get your irl friends or gaming friends from other communities to play with you. Then everyone else is the enemy. I don't really see what your point is. I watch streams all the time of DayZ and see alot of people say friendly and not kill. Maybe you just have to try it more often. I don't do it but if thats what your looking for its still out there.

Your probably only getting that from fresh spawning though. Anyone with gear will hardly trust anyone else.

no shit once your geared up one of the biggest past times is going to pvp but im talking about a player finds a gun and his next step is to go out of his way to slay anybody he sees

i never blamed cod

You never...blamed CoD....

Ever since big COD youtubers posted gameplay(..)Ever since PVP has grown exponentially

Oh lawdy, what's this....

cod fanboys coming over and killing everyone on sight

See a connection there?

since your a OFS vetren and your infinite wisdom because you think your so special and better than everyone because you play a old school hardcore game

I mentioned my gaming origin so that people like you won't even bother trying to call me a "CoD-kid defending his holy grail of gaming"

Edited by Hawk24

I think rocket has the right idea. We'll see things shift once more tools come into play. Factions... notoriety... deeper character customization... and more end game goals beyond vehicle repair. Like basebuilding and gear production which would be a large incentive for cooperation and grouping.

People want challange, and currently the biggest challenge is killing bandits... the second biggest challenge is killing players in general.

yes but again im not talking about after gearing up going pvping im talking about players finding any weapon and their next step is going out of their way to kill anyone and alot of the time its jsut for the fun of killing they dont even loot the body