RileyZi

Bad serial number.. Trust me ive looked everywhere.

Hey, so ive been playing Dayz for about 2 months now, i love this game. But i tried to log on today and it gave me an error, "Bad serial number given in start-up".

Note that i have looked everywhere for possible solutions including-

Verify'd game cache's

Ran steam as admin

Reinstalling ArmA 2 as i write this

Reinstalled battleye

Tried updating beta patch

Restarting comp

I have been playing dayz for a while now and ive never had this. Arma 2 works i can run that with no problems, but arma2 OA doesnt even load because of that error.

If anyone could help me that would be amazing, ive searched for many posts on this and each one i come accross the solution does not work for me.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

I have the EXACT same problem, i even tried to run regedit.exe > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Wow6432node > Delete Bohemia Interactive and Bohemia Interactive Studio (it wouldn't let me delete Bohemia Interactive Studio > ArmA 2 OA) still no succes...

Someone please fix this problem, i want to start playing DayZ again ><

Anyone found a proper fix yet? This is really taking the piss.

this is realy getting on my wick as i and many other's have paid mony for this game to play it and so far i have been riped off eather fix the problem or refund me and mnny others ther mony back!!!

right ppl might have a fix for this problem it might work and it might not am trying it now as i am writing this post

[1st] DELETE ARMA 2 & ARMA2 OA AND ALL THE FILES IT LEVEAS BEHIND AND DO A REG CLEAN, REG CLEAN IS A MUST DO!!. WHEN REG IS DONE RESTART YOUR PC/LAPTOP/ECT...

[2nd] SHUT STEAM DOWN OPEN IT IN NORMAL MODE (NOT IN ADMIN MODE).

[3rd] NOW YOU HAVE STEAM OPEN IN NORMAL MODE (NOT ADMIN) INSTALL ARMA 2.

[4th] WHEN ARMA 2 IS DOWNLOADED (DO NOT AND I MEEN DO NOT INSTALL) CLOSE STEAM DOWN MAKE SURE STEAM IS SHUT PROPPERLY THEN RUN IT AS (ADMIN) NOW RUNNING IN ADMIN MODE CLICK PLAY ON ARMA 2 AND IT WILL INSTALL FOR FIRST TIME SETUP WHEN THAT HAS DONE STAY AT THE START MENUE FOR ATLEAS 2 MINS THEN GO TO BOOT CAMP AND PLAY THE TRAINING FOR 10 MINS JUST TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE. THEN EXIT GAME

[5th] DO THE SAME AS ABOVE FOR ARMA 2 OA

AND THEN IT SHOULD WORK

THIS MIGHT NOT WORK FOR ALL BUT ITS SUMTHING TO TRY SO IF IT DONT WORK DONT GRILL ME OVER IT AS I DINT HAVE TO POST THIS.

THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS POST AND TRY IT.

Same problem here. I'm trying to reinstall OA right now to see if that will help. If you guys figure something out, please post it.

I'm a victim of this as well, but only on my Laptop. It has the exact same version of windows installed on it, so I don't understand why the game functions on my desktop, but not my laptop??