Sign in to follow this  
Proudful

Just how rare is the SVD camo?

I got really lucky today:

Me and my friend were derping around Cherno when we found a Ural loaded with guns. There were a bunch of sniper rifles in there, which we didn't want to use, (cause we suck at aim).

There were 2 SVD camos, and 2 l8562whatevers with night scope. I know they spawn "rarely", but are they actually any good that people would want them to trade?

I have found pretty much every weapon in DayZ except the SVD and the M240 (I found 1 SVD on a dead sniper, but that's about it).

Those things are damn well rare. I have personally only found one in someone's tent before. Many people want those, even I will trade a lot for them. The L85s also are very nice.

It's as rare as all the other high-value sniper rifles, but for some reason I notice players only using M107's and AS50's (which is a very rare heli crash site spawn :o). This is probably because of hackers and 'duping' though.

SVD Camo can spawn in barracks is only place i've found them.

L8A5's are awesome, Tho every time i have one i die from an enemy i can never see :(

I've found them in tents but never in the barracks where they actually spawn

Edited by jdz

Only ever found one in the barracks ONCE in over 2 months of playing. While it has a built-in rangefinder, it is probably not used as much as AS50/M107 due to its inability to zero and zoom.

Only ever found one in the barracks ONCE in over 2 months of playing. While it has a built-in rangefinder, it is probably not used as much as AS50/M107 due to its inability to zero and zoom.

Wrong, scope built-in zeroing. Don't bash what you don't know how to use.

i found SVD camo in barracks. also the l85's are everywhere i dont find them "rare" and l85 is a shitty gun anyway, consider it a cool binoculars with heatscope. or w/e to spot with.

They do have built in rangefinders, that's what the curved lines are.

And they have built in zeroing. Why do you think there's multiple chevrons to aim with? 100m, 300m, 500m and so on, for zeroing.

And they have built in zeroing. Why do you think there's multiple chevrons to aim with? 100m, 300m, 500m and so on, for zeroing.

I think what he was referring to was the actual ability to use the page up and down buttons to zero.

I got really lucky today:

Me and my friend were derping around Cherno when we found a Ural loaded with guns. There were a bunch of sniper rifles in there, which we didn't want to use, (cause we suck at aim).

There were 2 SVD camos, and 2 l8562whatevers with night scope. I know they spawn "rarely", but are they actually any good that people would want them to trade?

the L85 is a pretty rare aswell, and its a good 2nd weapon to the sniper to spot ppl with

I think what he was referring to was the actual ability to use the page up and down buttons to zero.

Sorry I didn't specify. yes this is what I was referring to. I loved my SVD due to it's ability to hide me better (camo), but once i found an AS50 (173k damage), I've never looked back.

the L85 is a pretty rare aswell, and its a good 2nd weapon to the sniper to spot ppl with

if playing with a friend, best thing for him is to spot ppl with thermal sight and then let the sniper take them down, nothing can escape to the thermal view, unfortunatly the range and damage of that weapon sucks a little bit