disastr

Hacking must be stopped

You know if I was hacked once or maybe twice in this game, I wouldn't be writing a post on my concerns over hacking, but after going to about 15 different servers in one day and dealing with hackers on easily 8+ of them, I must say hacking has hit an all time high.

Games like Counter-Strike where you die from hackers, isn't so bad, because you can easily target who it is, kick them and you don't lose anything special. In DayZ when you get hacked, you lose everything and I mean absolutely everything. It's demoralizing, it's not immersive and it's definately not fun. I play this game because of the combat, I love the pvp and I love how engaging it becomes, especially when you take out 3 or 4 guys. I consider myself a top tier bandit(pvp player) and yes not many of you will like that, but that's just the way the cookie crumbles. I'd say out of 20 of my deaths, 15 of them were done by hackers nuking, spawning on me or auto-aiming/wall hacking.

I know Rocket you said you can't do much about hacking until you can lock up the files, but honestly how can we fully test an alpha version of the game, when were getting hacked 90% of the time? My friends and I will hoard vehicles and hackers spawn us, blow everything up and we lose it all.... Your game has hit over 1 million copies, I am sure Bohemia has plenty of money to spend now on a small team to start an anti-hack program that is extremely effective, rater than this battleye crap were using now.

Like I said, I am sure many of you out there have experienced what I have experienced in the last week and you probably want to download hacks yourself to protect yourself and retaliate against the cock smokers that use them against your everyday legit players. Something must be done....

• Like 1

Play on private servers until standalone, that's what I'm doing

Crying won't make it stop. Due to the engine there isn't much the devs can do about hacking. Before they can ameliorate hacking to a significant degree in the ARMA2 version, I imagine the ARMA3 version or the standalone will come out first.

There are certain things they can do to make hacking less destructive - destroy the game by removing perma-death, etc.

I'd give my left nut for a 5 hour session without losing all my shit to a scripter.

I'd give my right one for a Private Server password.

I play legit, so does my team, no dc no dupe no ammo sploit no tears. Anyone got one we can hang out on?

I fully agree, but they aint gonna do shit other then a once a month wave ban at best. Effective.

Hackers will be the tip of the cup for many players in this game as they will migrate to Warz if it has any sort of protection.

• Like 1

I'd give my left nut for a 5 hour session without losing all my shit to a scripter.

I'd give my right one for a Private Server password.

I play legit, so does my team, no dc no dupe no ammo sploit no tears. Anyone got one we can hang out on?

Most private servers you just need to signup on their website in the server name, most hackers aren't going to bother when there are there are thousands of easier targets

I fully agree, but they aint gonna do shit other then a once a month wave ban at best. Effective.

Hackers will be the tip of the cup for many players in this game as they will migrate to Warz if it has any sort of protection.

Who says warZ won't have its own share of problems? Hopefully the threat of competition will push dayZ to deal with the problem.

OMFG!! Like I have said in numerous other rage threads about "Hackers need to be punished, or fix the game so they cant hack".

The game is not finished, Rocket will deal with the hackers after he is finished with the most important part, finishing the fucking game.

/thread

Edited by Robert Shannon
  • Like 1

WarZ is made on the same engine as War Inc.

There will be a lot of hackers on there as well, trust me.

WarZ is made on the same engine as War Inc.

There will be a lot of hackers on there as well, trust me.

"IF"

Any person that responds back with "stop crying" needs to stop crying to crying threads. You're not helping the situation.

I thought my post was pretty constructive and I was showing serious concern with how bad it's actually getting. Everybody is getting sick of it, npt just me. This isn't "I am a sore loser" thread. This is a situation that must be dealt with ASAP because it's starting to kill the game.

if we all start posting these hack/script hate threads on BI website maybe then something can be fixed

Edited by Kex
  • Like 1

challenge accepted, i could go a third nut. Is it odd sized though ? If it is the bigger of the two i could probably hang it in the middle whereas if it is only a wee one then i suppose it would have to go on the outside , maybe with some sort of bling attached.

Played on one US server two nights in a row with one 5 hour and a 4 hour sesh..nil hacks, have played on it now for about a week with no hackage action, could be the time zone thing though as most of the euro and US kiddies are possibly in bed after their mummy has tucked them in. Wont state the server name as the skiddies will all paradrop exploding cannibal steak in or something and wreck it.

Finding stuff in the game is the fun part.. just suck it up, get rid of the butthurt, and find it again. Stop whining and let the dev team fix it without all the annoying threads.

Gonna just re-post this cause it addresses the OP and the topic...

Yeah, bandits completely outnumber survivors *rolls eyes*

July 30th, 2012

Alive Characters: 735,234

Bandits Alive: 125,402

^THIS.

You are sooooo right about this. So from now on absolutely NO game direction decisions should be made with Bandits in mind. Good or Bad. As it has been pointed out, "they" are not the majority. Their cries for 5 to 30 secs of free time to shoot a person logging out where that person can not avoid being shot cause his window is closed is definately not going to be implemented. And there's a wonder to why there is such an out burst of hackers. Realize that the mindset of the Bandit and the mindset of the Hacker are kissing cousins. Born of the same womb. The weak excuse "well I don't know what's in his bag until he's dead and I can loot him" or "you just don't know if he's gonna shoot you". Both are valid, but more often just layered upon someones want to give someone else a crappy day. You can layer your bullshit on as much as you want in an urge to defend your psychopathic fantasies spawned by the lack of fulfillment in your real life all you want, but some people are just not gonna believe you when you're pissing on them and trying to tell them it's raining. Hell in a hand basket, hell in a hand basket, considering the inspiration for the mod hell and hand baskets could be exciting, but there's no depth to the basket and hell smells like shit and bubble gum. There's a reason why every shooter gets replaced by the next new thing in six months and this is turning into just another shooter...

Edited by Void

I think all this whining about hacking AND bandits is excessive.

Hacking: I've been playing about a week now. Been hacked twice. I'm sure there's more of 'em out there, but you just change servers. If you're on one that's safe, play. Maybe note which one it is.

Bandits: I've been playing about a week now. Been kiled by players two or three times. They hand out in particular areas, mostly. Avoid those areas. Or be prepared to fight.

Both can be alleviated in part by playing on low population servers. Especially the hacker bit. Out of 45 people, the odds of at least ONE of them hacking are much higher. Also, a server with 45 people is much more likely to DRAW a hacker.

Quick frickin' pissin' and moanin', all of ya. And quick expecting grand and glorious things from a frickin' ALPHA. It will be months, possibly a year or longer, before the "big issues" are worked out of this thing.

If you want to play cooperatively, make some friends, dammit. If you want to fight zombies or explore, then avoid high population servers. A lower population server, you probably won't even have much trouble poking around Cherno.

I swear, I don't understand all the complaining about this or any other game. The instant one player harming another becomes a possibility, immediately PvPers are all considered "douchebag losers without a life", anyone who does well MUST be hacking or cheating, etc, etc. You all know the drill. I don't suppose anyone's willing to just... you know... PLAY the game? Whining about the game is a lot more fun for most of you, it seems.

well i wanted to see what ppl are talking about and i went looking for this hacking stuff to link the sites to BE. but for the amount of hackers lat least a few in each server hell i've joined servers with 3 ppl in it and they have hackers ..... i cant find a fucking thing.... so I dunno why the hell there are so many of them but sure as fuck i cant find one.

I think all this whining about hacking AND bandits is excessive.

Hacking: I've been playing about a week now. Been hacked twice. I'm sure there's more of 'em out there, but you just change servers. If you're on one that's safe, play. Maybe note which one it is.

Bandits: I've been playing about a week now. Been kiled by players two or three times. They hand out in particular areas, mostly. Avoid those areas. Or be prepared to fight.

Both can be alleviated in part by playing on low population servers. Especially the hacker bit. Out of 45 people, the odds of at least ONE of them hacking are much higher. Also, a server with 45 people is much more likely to DRAW a hacker.

Quick frickin' pissin' and moanin', all of ya. And quick expecting grand and glorious things from a frickin' ALPHA. It will be months, possibly a year or longer, before the "big issues" are worked out of this thing.

If you want to play cooperatively, make some friends, dammit. If you want to fight zombies or explore, then avoid high population servers. A lower population server, you probably won't even have much trouble poking around Cherno.

I swear, I don't understand all the complaining about this or any other game. The instant one player harming another becomes a possibility, immediately PvPers are all considered "douchebag losers without a life", anyone who does well MUST be hacking or cheating, etc, etc. You all know the drill. I don't suppose anyone's willing to just... you know... PLAY the game? Whining about the game is a lot more fun for most of you, it seems.

I have been playing for about the same amount of time and I have seen a ton of hackers. Some of us like being in the thick of it. Problem is, so do the hackers.I change servers every time I see one. They exist on pretty much any server with more than 25 people or so.

Playing on a low pop server is boring. I don't want to run around looting stuff with absolutely no risk. Zombies are not much of a risk considering surviving involves holding down W and running them through buildings. I usually join a 15-20 person server when I start, though it generally doesn't take long for it to fill up. Mostly due to the fact that hackers run other servers empty pretty quickly.

You are right. Their will probably be no glorious fix. All that we can hope for is that the hackers tire themselves out before the players quit.

Of course people are going to bitch. It has ruined the game. Maybe not for you but for everyone who likes lots player interaction its becoming increasingly difficult to have fun. Pretending like their isn't a problem isn't going to solve anything.

We are not talking about getting outplayed by someone. We are talking about the teleporting, godmode, spawned/duped weapons, etc. These things are all easy to spot. Duping is clearly the most common. I have not bothered with it but judging by the amount of barbed wire and rare weapons I see on every server im guessing a large amount of people are participating. The first few days I played I only saw one as50. Now I have seen more than I can count. God mode seems to also be pretty common now as well. I ran into 2 god moded people just tonight. One even talked like he was some sort of badass in voice chat while he gunned down me and my friend with his spawned in machine gun.

Edited by Mr Radar

Yea the hacking is pretty bad right now. Back when Dayz 500,000 players I never really had problem with hackers. Now if I play on a high populated sever at all its just a matter of time. Sad part is I still going to play the shit out of Dayz.

fast forward to 3:34

hacking needs to stop!

Fraid that probably wasn't a hack people leave cars with satchel charges of them to goat people in and have a nice laugh. So yes you were a victim of a carbombing.

Was just hacked 3 times since this post was made.... amazing