Sign in to follow this  
schrapple

Buttstroke?

How about adding a buttstoke (and a piston whip for pistol if you are desperate) melee attack for rifles? It would be useful for silently killing zombies and for those times you run out of ammo and have a zombie munching on you while you are changing mags. It could also be useful for balancing guns since heavier weapons like the old shotguns would do more melee damage then newer light weight military rifles like the M4.

• Like 1

Still trying to figure out what Buttstroke (or Buttstoke) means. I get that you mean hit someone with the butt of your rifle, but not sure if there is an actual word for this (also afraid to Google that information at work).

• Like 1

I wana use an As50 as a club. Even if i do have tons of NATO rounds.

Or throw m9SDs as ninja stars.

• Like 1

I wouldn't make it a lethal move, just to push a zombie or drop them to the ground. I don't think you can just kill one of these zombies with a hit to the head, you can barely try to do that with a normal human. Alsowith the zombies' current speed it would only be of any use indoors.

Edited by necroslord

After my buttstroke, my buttdoctor told my sorry ass to stop smoking.

I wouldn't make it a lethal move, just to push a zombie or drop them to the ground. I don't think you can just kill one of these zombies with a hit to the head, you can barely try to do that with a normal human. Alsowith the zombies' current speed it would only be of any use indoors.

Sorry bud but it is "buttstroke", and hitting someone in the head with a 10KG shotgun butt could certainly kill them.

Sorry bud but it is "buttstroke", and hitting someone in the head with a 10KG shotgun butt could certainly kill them.

I think it's butt strike..;)

"Buttstock" is the part of the gun, I thought he meant that, I was unaware of the word "buttstroke" to refer to the attack itself. I'm pretty sure there is no shotgun that weights 10kg. Also you don't apply the whle weight of the gun on the point of discharge. Maybe if you hit it to the back of the head while unaware you can kill it. But I find it very unlikely to get a kill in one hit in a frontal attack.

Edited by necroslord

It's called buttstroke. I mean, there's

Just in case people missed it.

Anything that makes the game more intuitive for players (i.e., gives them options they would do in a real life survival situation) is good by me. In Deadliest Warriors, "Jesse James v. Al Capone" they showed that pistol-whipping someone with a revolver barrel could fracture the skull and kill in one hit (Netflix!) Although I don't know how effective a pistol would be these days.

Buttstocking, on the other hand, is real-world combat training.

This game DEFINITELY needs more melee options. As long as the buttstroke isn't as effective as it is in L4D (or L4D2 even). I mean, everyone knows they want a katana. And these zombies aren't superhuman. They are just infected with a virus that somehow makes their hearing, sense of smell, and stamina go up. Sort of like the resident evil zombies except faster.

When changing mags you still can run, you only stop when changing a weapon.

Other than that, I wouldn't mind having melee attacks using my gun.

Edited by CerebralZombie

Sure you can stroke my but any time ;D

I also like this idea.

Good luck implementing that. Way too difficult for Arma 2 and even for stand-alone is there any point really.

i fail to see how hitting with a club could instakill a zombie that can take 5 rounds to the chest.

It would be a nice addition and even if you can't kill the zombies with one hit, you could just break their legs and crouch run away.