• On
    • Off
  2. 2. Crosshairs?

• On
    • Off
  3. 3. Nameplates?

• On
    • Off

Like the topic says, what does your ideal server have on? I didn't include death messages in the poll because pretty much every server has them on (and it wouldn't let me). My ideal server is no nameplates, third person on, and I crosshairs on.

one with 3rd person on. nameplates off. crosshairs off.

and no hackers.

and no altf4 abusers.

and no ghosters.

Only problem I have with 3rd person is that campers can spot you way too easily, but with first person only for example they would have to be in your line of sight aswell, other than camping behind a door and and using 3rd person view to see round it when I would stand no chance.

And name plates are just silly :)

Hardest is best, all options off.

I know most people play 3rd person, but it's lame to peek around corners without beeing visible to others.

EDIT// And regular server restarts should be announced. Player death's should be shown global, but no global chat.

Edited by Snoobl

Why dont people like crosshairs? It doesnt give any advantage over iron sights. Its even off a bit if aiming somewhere close. (Except crossbows which no-one uses.)

3DP:ON CH:ON (I really dont care) Nameplates:OFF

Edited by Shaimou
  • Like 1

Why dont people like crosshairs? It doesnt give any advantage over iron sights. Its even off a bit if aiming somewhere close. (Except crossbows which no-one uses.)

3DP:ON CH:ON (I really dont care) Nameplates:OFF

I personally like crosshairs because they give me an idea of where my shots will go in third person.

I personally like crosshairs because they give me an idea of where my shots will go in third person.

And here it comes - The lame 3rd person shooters. But well, everyone can choose the options.

one with 3rd person on. nameplates off. crosshairs off.

and no hackers.

and no altf4 abusers.

and no ghosters.

and where the hell can you find that. mars servers maybe?

And here it comes - The lame 3rd person shooters. But well, everyone can choose the options.

I rarely ever shoot in third person... actually I'm not sure I ever have. It's a just in case thing. Plus the crosshairs are way off when you're in third person so you have to aim really high.

I like 3rd person because it gives you a nice feeling when you are walking long distances, but for cqc and shooting i use 1st persone view.

The rest i don't like, especially the nameplates wich i consider close to cheating.

I like everything off because I don't want to play guardian angels versus zombies. Sorry :)

You Sir, are a worthy player!

Edited by Snoobl

All off..but i would like a global chat option on/off as a server choice ..found it cool for long journey amusement :)

I've never found a server that has nameplate on I don't think...only pick veteran servers. I would like to be able to see someones name when looking at them...so I could try and identify people who have helped me / done me wrong etc when they are in my cross hairs, not sure if that's what it does.

I like the servers that allow you to see your dot on the map as well. When travelling with someone helps you stay together and see positioning. Plus, just handy. I mean there is some fun in navigating in the wilds by visual waypoints, but it wears off quickly and just becomes tedium.

All off..but i would like a global chat option on/off as a server choice ..found it cool for long journey amusement :)

I love global chat! But I don't know how to check if a server has it.

3rdP ON, because in first person the vision shakes unrealistic when you run (Inb4 zombiegame etc etc), don't know about u guys but when I run in real life my vision stays pretty even, even with a backpack on my back and rifle in my hand. Otherwise I would prefer first person.

Crosshair On or Off I don't really care.

Nametags On, because I like to know who I shoot. In real life maybe I don't know what my enemies look like but I would know what my friends look like. In dayz everybody looks like the same.

Ideal is everything off. I can accept 3dp and crosshairs though, but I will not join any server with nameplates.

My ideal server using currently existing game settings.

3rd person on.

Croashairs on.

Nameplates off.

Death messages on.

10-20 people online.

Waypoints on.

That being said, I'd prefer if a lot of those features were changed. For example, waypoints only for people with a gps, nameplates only visible when in close range, etc...

3rdP ON, because in first person the vision shakes unrealistic when you run (Inb4 zombiegame etc etc), don't know about u guys but when I run in real life my vision stays pretty even, even with a backpack on my back and rifle in my hand. Otherwise I would prefer first person.

Crosshair On or Off I don't really care.

Nametags On, because I like to know who I shoot. In real life maybe I don't know what my enemies look like but I would know what my friends look like. In dayz everybody looks like the same.

Im late, but you know you can change the first person bubble head in options?

Nametags gives you the option to see enemys 300m++ in the forest even if they're hidden behind a tree. = very bad.

Everything off because I'm a hardcore mofo.