Sign in to follow this  
egorgeg

Get ArmA 2 CO for DayZ or wait for ArmA 3?

Hello, I'm buying a new PC to run ArmA 2, ArmA 2 OA and DayZ. Should I get that, or wait for ArmA 3 and wait for an ArmA 3 version of DayZ? I said I'm getting a new PC as I will get it in around 2-3 months. Cheers.

Or wait for stand alone.....

or buy it and support BIS and the mod.

Edit: and get experience with it before next huge release...

Edited by Photon

The mod is being ravaged by cheaters. I would not recommend you part with any money while the game is in the sorry state that it is.

Edited by Zarathustra

20-30 bucks for hours of entertainment, even with the chance of hackers, is still worth it to me. I can blow 30 bucks on a night at the movies. DayZ is worth it to me.

• Like 5

Or wait for stand alone.....

or buy it and support BIS and the mod.

Edit: and get experience with it before next huge release...

Might get it then to get sme exprerience, as I've never played an BIS game before.

The mod is being ravaged by cheaters. I would not recommend you part with any money while the game is in the sorry state that it is.

Is it really that bad, as in unplayable?

@SasaugeKingofChicago, what I was thinking, I'm spending hours just watching people on YouTube playing it. Doesn't seem to be that many hackers for them.

Edited by egorgeg

Grabbing ArmA 2 CO for DayZ would be a waste at this point. The developer has pretty much made it clear that the current serious problems with the game can't be fixed as long as DayZ is a mod, and is depending on the standalone version as a solution.

Grabbing ArmA 2 CO for a cool multiplayer military sim experience though, that I can recommend (as long as you're into that sort of thing).

Might get it then to get sme exprerience, as I've never played an BIS game before.

Is it really that bad, as in unplayable?

@SasaugeKingofChicago, what I was thinking, I'm spending hours just watching people on YouTube playing it. Doesn't seem to be that many hackers for them.

It's not that bad. The hacker idiots seem to be attracted to large popular servers. I tend to play on whatever servers have the lowest ping for me, up to date patches, and servers that are not full and I rarely run into hackers. When I do, I start over on a new server. Dying is going to happen no matter what so as long as you remember that and you don't get attached to gear like some of these guys, you'll be fine.

• Like 1

You can get it work with just OA and the free version or Arma 2.

However, if you want my opinion...if you have money to spend, do it. If you don't, don't.

DayZ is in pretty bad shape right now. I'd suggest waiting for further fixes and releases.

Its like 25 euro's for hours and hours of gameplay. Its far more worth it than any of those overrated crappy singleplayer games.

• Like 3

DayZ is verging on the best game ive ever played. Been fucked over by hackers once... :)

Okay, seems I'm getting a few mixed answers, so it seems to be biased on opinion, and in mine, from watching people play this game, I will get it. Money isn't a problem, I have 5 games in my steam account ready to buy along with new PC.

There will be no ArmA 3 version of DayZ.

There will be a standalone version, likely to require very similar specs to what you need now as it will be using the same base engine that ArmA2 and ArmA3 are based on.

Edited by smasht_AU

There will be no ArmA 3 version of DayZ.

There will be a standalone version, likely to require very similar specs to what you need now as it will be using the same base engine that ArmA2 and ArmA3 are based on.

Oh right. Just I heard a YouTube commentator saying they cannot wait until ArmA 3 and then the developer for DayZ will do an ArmA 3 version. Hmm, well looks like I'm getting ArmA 2 CO for Days, thanks for all the answers :) Cant wait to get surviving.

dude, day z is going standalone in september

What will be different about it? Will people still be playing the mod version?