tobiassolem

Dark day for script-kiddies coming

I would rather see mass bannings over insta-banning. If they used an insta ban system, people would just check a site to see if their current script is being detected, and if it is they'd wait for a new version. With the current system you take a risk and eventually get banned for running scripts.

More people being banned means more people might not repurchase which means less script kiddies post banning.

I would rather see mass bannings over insta-banning. If they used an insta ban system, people would just check a site to see if their current script is being detected, and if it is they'd wait for a new version. With the current system you take a risk and eventually get banned for running scripts.

More people being banned means more people might not repurchase which means less script kiddies post banning.

And you still get killed by that random thunderdome hacker.

Hackers come up with new stuff. Kiddies just copy and paste scripts they found on the web.

Term "hackers" is grossly misused in terms of video games.

And you still get killed by that random thunderdome hacker.

Which would still happen with an insta-ban system....they would just NEVER get banned for doing it unless they were really unlucky/lazy.

Term "hackers" is grossly misused in terms of video games.

That's right. Hacker in gaming usually means someone who has great skillz.

"Hi,

I know about this problem very well and many things are being done to fight it. I understand your frustration and I'm working hard with the game developers to improve the situation, because a great part of it is caused by the game's too open multiplayer engine. Please have some more patience, solutions should be provided very soon.

Regards,

Bastian Suter"

i-want-to-believe.jpg

• Like 1

Hopefully it also fixes the rampant duping. Because I'm pretty sure you didn't find those seven rangefinders, six NVGs, four SVD Camos, sixteen ghillie suits and your M4A1 HOLO SD in the tent with the twenty STANAG mags and ten M203 HEs wasn't really a present from survivor jesus.

Hopefully it also fixes the rampant duping. Because I'm pretty sure you didn't find those seven rangefinders, six NVGs, four SVD Camos, sixteen ghillie suits and your M4A1 HOLO SD in the tent with the twenty STANAG mags and ten M203 HEs wasn't really a present from survivor jesus.

Survivor Jesus IS real!

Which would still happen with an insta-ban system....they would just NEVER get banned for doing it unless they were really unlucky/lazy.

If people would get instabanned everyone could do it ONCE max. It would drive people away as they can't spawn truck-loads of stuff on different servers.

Think about it a little.

No anti hack system is perfect. But at least they can make it just a little harder for them.

Great, but if they ever fix it then they still have the problem where 75% of the gear in the game is from duping and hacking.

If people would get instabanned everyone could do it ONCE max. It would drive people away as they can't spawn truck-loads of stuff on different servers.

Think about it a little.

They could do it as many times as they like if the script wasn't being detected.

Think about it, if they used an insta ban systm, the script kids would have a website where they could go and check if their scripts are being detected. If they were, nobody would run them, they would just wait until an undetected script was released.

With Battleye logging prohibited scripts without instantly banning the offenders, the script kids have no idea if their scripts are getting them banned or not, until its far too late and everyone is banned. A new undetectable script will come out shortly after, BUT a crap load of script kiddies now have to go out and buy new copies of Arma2:OA.

A system of insta banning would be the better choice if battleye had a huge team that could stay on top of every new script that came out. But, that's not the case, so the current system is favorable in my opinion.

Think about it a little.

Yeah and the first person that gets insta banned just reports it on the hack/bypass developer forum and noone will use it till the bypass is updated. Delayed bans are just so much more effective if you really want to catch a good amount of cheaters. Think about it.

Anyone stop to think that BE has a vested interest in this? It is after all a business...

And you might also consider what BE was originally intended for: ArmA 2. Not alot of people get their jollies from hacking up a hardcore milsim. And if they do, they get banned from that particular server, problem solved. Now along comes a persistent sandbox rpg where one bullet can put an end to someone's 17 day old character. That is the mother facking Lusitania for hackers.

Edited by Gustav Mahler
  • Like 1

Wow, with all the feedback from the whiny kids, I can understand why Rocket and the devs of BattlEye really want to continue develop their free stuff.

Anyone stop to think that BE has a vested interest in this? It is after all a business...

And you might also consider what BE was originally intended for: ArmA 2. Not alot of people get their jollies from hacking up a hardcore milsim. And if they do, they get banned from that particular server, problem solved. Now along comes a persistent sandbox rpg where one bullet can put an end to someones 17 day old character. That is the mother Lusitania for hackers.

You Sir, have my beans. With the rampant script-kiddies everywhere, it wouldn't surprise me if all the negative responses were a bunch of bitter representatives of that bunch fearing the end of their scripting days, because DayZ is too hard for 'em without it.

Edited by fisk

Jesus. Over excited much?

Thats a stock answer. Plus posting anything the devs say about anti-hack measures etc isn't the best idea. IF that email actually had anything worth knowing you'd have leaked it and given the hackers (you know, the ones that actually write the scripts) a nice heads up about changes coming in. Well done, No beans for you, have a can with some piss in instead.

• Like 1

You Sir, have my beans. With the rampant script-kiddies everywhere, it wouldn't surprise me if all the negative responses were a bunch of bitter representatives of that bunch fearing the end of their scripting days, because DayZ is too hard for 'em without it.

Which responses are you speaking of? I'm curious, because I failed to see these pro-cheating responses you speak of.

lol so basically he says it's hopeless because everything is too open but there will magically be a solution "soon"

ok yea whatever might well put a bullet in this game now that's the only solution

<=^=>

I WANT TO

BELIEVE

• Like 2

Holy wow, there are some bitter depressed duders in this game.

"No, nothing will be done whaaaaa"

Get yourselves together and get yourself some patience for fucks sake.