Sign in to follow this  
SugarFreeBrowny

What is the nicest thing you have done in DayZ?

127 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather...

• Shoot on sight
    • Yell friendly and judge the situation from there
    • Avoid the person and let them go on their way

Took a boat to Drakon Island with my first M107. Climbed the lighthouse and started practicing on zombies to learn how to use the mil dots. Saw a guy running to Elektro, being chased by zombies and bleeding. I managed to take down two of the horde (still haven't got the hang of mil dots), and last I saw of him he was still running.

Hope you made it, dude.

• Like 1

Gave a blood transfusion, morphine and aks cobra to a random injured man in Berezino, then helped him to gather food, tools and a good backpack.

I had a hatchet... A hatchet. And someone with an AS50/Ghillie/Coyote (all I could see he had) trusted me, a random person to give him morphine and a blood transfusion. I could have just axed him a question, and murdered him in cold blood, and taken all of his gear.... but I didn't. I told him ''wait here bro... I'll be back with what you need'' so I ran into elektro headstrong, and I returned with his blood bag and morphine, and I healed him up.

I never saw this man again after we went our separate ways, but I hope he had a long life.

• Like 2

My nicest thing....?

Erm.... Well, I shot this one guy in a four man group one time. Afterwards I let his friend finish looting his body before I shot him too.

Does that count?

I offered to help somebody with a blood transfusion. He wanted to give me a weapon for it, but I declined. I was unarmed, but I was finally in a situation to help somebody rather than hurt them. I ascended the stairs to the top of the fire station, but on the second to last floor I heard a THUMP. He had died a moment too soon. So I took his stuff.

KoS.

Even if I am unarmed, and someone tries to help me. I tell them that when I find a gun I will kill them.

I make no qualms about it. It is what I do. The only reason they aren't killing me is because I have nothing or nothing they want.

If I had a DMR on my back and a coyote, they would try to put me down, 9 times out of 10.

So, why wouldn't I want to do the nicest thing possible and either, KoS or tell them their fate?

Good thing about people like you is that you have to be people like you. Cheers.

Being a bandit probably the nicest thing I've ever done is with my squad hunt down a player in Zelenogorsk, it turned out he was new and everyone in my squad didn't want to kill him except for me so we had to kill around 30 zombies he aggroed and then when he tried to follow us so we threatened to kill him, he died to an unknown cause shortly after. Now that I think of it if thats the nicest thing I've done I'm an asshole.

For bonus, The meanest thing I've ever done: Kill a guy who offered to drive me anywhere I like in a Ural Civillian

I like to stalk my prey. If I see he as an apparent goal that seems interesting, I follow him. If he has good loot, I kill him. Otherwise I just leave him alone. (maybe play a little sometimes :bandit: )

I threw every flare in one town in the middle of the night so everyone cld see. also glowsticks in all the buildings i went thru. lulz?

*mostly avoid as many ppl as possible. have a new rule kos if they are looking at you. if not announce yourself, they start acting a fool light them up.

Edited by sigmadelta

On a server with side chat. Guy had a broken leg in vybor with no morphine. Went there in my newly acquired jeep and dropped a morphine stick in a building near him.

Seemed pretty greatful, no way I was gonna walk up to him and give him one though.

Other then that, I tried my hand at counter sniping. Killed 3 snipers within that one life. All had NVG's, the lot. I feel I saved a few lives.

• Like 1

i drove some noob over to an ATV i "found"

Edited by Buffjesus

Loaded my pack up with matches,compass,knife etc.Found this lone survivor laying down in a construction building.He had no weapon and I had my AKM pointed at his head and neither one of us moved for like 30 seconds.I then kneeled down around 10ft away from him and placed a compass on the ground.He looked so hesitant and after what seemed like 30 more seconds he slowly clambered over to pick up the prize.Then one by one I would walk away and lay something down and wait....after 20 seconds he would make the move again.He would look at me and look down at prize then back at me then back to prize and then would pick it up.I swear I was feeling like Jane Goodall at that point in the way we were interacting with each other.It was like planet of the apes first encounter and I started to think...is this person maybe retarded?? LOL

• Like 4

I prefer to watch from a distance, and observe what players do. If they approach, then the situation changes to option B. But never "KoS"

Im a bandit, the nicest thing Ive ever done was not killing someone on sight once XD

He seemed nice

Im a bandit, the nicest thing Ive ever done was not killing someone on sight once XD

He seemed nice

Being a bandit doesn't mean killing people. A true bandit is more clever.

• Like 1

Gave a shot of morphine I did not need to a random survivor in need, met him by the lighthouse, we teamed up for a short time to get survival gear. I gave em some beans, and all was well.

Well, the nicest thing I've ever done and the nicest thing somebody else has ever done for me happened at about the same time. I was looking around the industrial area in Elektro for a toolbox to repair an ATV I had found, when a random guy with a hatchet comes up with a bunch of zeds following him. He's bleeding and is low on blood, so I let him into this building I was in and shot all the zombies tailing him with my AKM. He tells me he doesn't have any bandages, so I risk going up to him and bandaging him. He doesn't attack me.

I ask him if he's seen any toolboxes and he says no. So I tell him after I look around a little bit more, we can go to the hospital and I'll give him some blood. After searching we end up in a large building, and he gets knocked out by a zombie. My AKM shots then attract a huge horde, and I'm forced to drag him back into the building and wait until he regains consciousness. I'm pretty much out of ammo, but I see a way out of the building despite the 20 zombies flooding through the doors. I tell him to follow me and I run out, but he doesn't follow. He aggroed the entire horde and made sure I didn't get swarmed on my way out, and as soon as I was about 10 meters away, I saw he was killed.

Edited by Xeva
  • Like 2

Loaded my pack up with matches,compass,knife etc.Found this lone survivor laying down in a construction building.He had no weapon and I had my AKM pointed at his head and neither one of us moved for like 30 seconds.I then kneeled down around 10ft away from him and placed a compass on the ground.He looked so hesitant and after what seemed like 30 more seconds he slowly clambered over to pick up the prize.Then one by one I would walk away and lay something down and wait....after 20 seconds he would make the move again.He would look at me and look down at prize then back at me then back to prize and then would pick it up.I swear I was feeling like Jane Goodall at that point in the way we were interacting with each other.It was like planet of the apes first encounter and I started to think...is this person maybe retarded?? LOL

Holy shit, this has got to be the funniest thing I've read on this forum. I'm seriously crying. Just imagining the scenario is so fucking hilarious.

The nicest thing I did was today..

Found a survivor on the coast running from infected and bleeding on the coast, I shouted him to come to me and I would offer help as I'm friendly.

As he came over I killed the infected then I said right mate I'll sort you out and he said thanks.

I then shot him in the head to easy his pain!

True story

Once I learned that being a "bandit" is actually the easiest way to play DayZ I switched to a friendly.

One recent encounter was quite funny:

Was sitting somewhere south of Zeleno in a treeline, watching the open fields.

Suddenly a random guy runs out of the forest right next to me... He sits down

just 15 meters away, pistol in his hands, Lee Enfield shouldered.

I talk to him: "Hey dude, I am friendly. Don't make a wrong move. What are your intentions?"

His immediate reaction: Equipping his LeeEnfield.

Wrong move :D

Edited by GodOfGrain
  • Like 2

I had a chicken follow me for a little while in berezino the other day. Eventually I grew attached to it and decided to defend it from zombies while waiting for my group to form up. Of course as soon as my "friends" show up they kill my pet chicken, so the nicest thing I have done lately is not murder them in a blind rage for fowl vengeance. With friends like these who needs chickens.

I don't have enough beans to give for this story :(