Matze (DayZ)

What about Green Mountain?

Hey...

I often read about "Green mountain" in this forum.

It's like all are scared and don't want to go there and are trying to distract anybody from going there :D It's like the scariest place in chernarus etc...

But why? Is this some kind of "running gag" to scare the shit out of newbies? :D

Or whats about this mysterious litte hill?

on green mountain there a middle value military barack and u just can enter it via front doors, also theres a kind of TV-Tower where u can see allmost all of the mountain, so going there is very risky

i dunno!!! I have been there several times myself and my camp is only about 2k meters from there. I like it. Has a great view. I was thinking of giving my realtor a call and putting it on the market though :D But with that great a view id have to take at least 900,000 beans

You get transformed in Zombies and you die! Happenned to my friends and I while leaving the area. Got transformed in Zombies and I died from being attack!

Maybe a hacker most probably! Who knows?

• Like 1

We don't go to Green Mountain any more. :D

We don't even talk about Green Mountain.

Seriously though, find out for yourself. Go there by night. Good luck.

Listen, if you've never been to Green Mountain before, then I urge you to keep it that way.

What Lurks There at Green Mountain has made Green Mountain its home. I shit you not, there is some crazy stuff going on up there. Rocket doesn't even address it, but I think he likes the illusiveness of it all.

Sure, when we all first started DayZ - way back when - Green Mountain was great. It had a UAZ spawn there (still does), but there weren't all the corpses, destroyed humvees and that pile of rotting corpses. A few of us on my server have coined the creature that lurks there as "What Lurks There", because no one has seen it. It kills you from out of sight. It's an enigma.

There are, however, a few things we've concluded:

- It's not a zombie

- It's bigger than your average person

There are signs to be wary of to:

- Thunder, and heavy, heavy rain.

The thunder strikes the tip of the radio tower, and in the brief flahses of light you might be able to make out a way to escape. Do this immediately.

- The trees will move, it is said. This is to disorientate you. Your GPS or map cannot help you if the landscape is ever changing, right?

In light of the last note, I want to add this; What Lurks There feeds on the lost. This is why the trees are said to move, and why the light begins to fade the further into the tree line you go. Darkness is a nightmare if you're trying to find your way, and you can't find landmarks inside the trees if they're always moving. When you become lost, you fall right into its clasp.

Though, even if you do escape - that isn't the end. There's a brand it places on you. Your soul. When circumstances permit, it will claim you life for defiling its sanctum. Wherever you are, it'll be sure to collect your dues aka. your life. Some chaps on my server say the crows are the sign of the brand, yet I'm not so sure. I've had a few crows follow me, but I'm still here.

Just don't go there, bro.

Edited by Scerun
  • Like 28

Since 1.7.2.4, a new horror of Green Mountain makes your eyes bleed and your brain explode, may also cause motion sickness in some people.

Hey...

I often read about "Green mountain" in this forum.

It's like all are scared and don't want to go there and are trying to distract anybody from going there :D It's like the scariest place in chernarus etc...

But why? Is this some kind of "running gag" to scare the shit out of newbies? :D

Or whats about this mysterious litte hill?

its just a radio tower on a hill :P

you can see it from far away, quite impossible to miss it if you want to go there.

been there few times now, nothing special. lots of zombies for a few buildings. only 2 or 3 loot spots.

you can climb up a ladder inside the tower, but it only brings you up to a platform like 20 meters above ground.

after reading so much mystery about it i was slightly disappointed, i thought you can go all the way up and look across the whole map,

but viewdistance is capped anyways so meh.

someone claimed he found a radio there (actual ingame item) which emmitted strange noises and couldn't be turned off.

but noone else found one afaik so maybe it was just a hoax. maybe you are the one meant to find the next one?

edit:

here it is: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/723-i-found-a-radio/

good luck!

Edited by Azrail
  • Like 1

My friend recently tried to go to Green Mountain.

The story goes like this: My friends and I were on our home server moving north from Zelenogorsk to Stary and we had to skirt around the mountain as we did, suddenly a hail of bullets flies in our direction and one by one we go down to gunshots. There's denying a sniper or two had spotted us but we all went down too fast to figure out where. My friend instantly assumed the snipers were using the radio tower as a vantage point, I and my other friend were content to let our relatively crappy gear go, especially since night was nearing on the server and just decided to head to Belota to restock a bit before it got too dark, but my friend had a AS50 and NVG's on his character and was going to get his stuff back. When he got to where we died the bodies were already gone, we assumed they despawned. He said he was gonna go up the mountain to see if the snipers were there and if they might have looted his stuff. We were on voice chat the whole time and things went a bit like this.

"I dont see anyone up here, not even at the top of the tower, its getting really dark though."

Me: "You should start heading back, I found a CZ for you to use for now."

"Yeah, I'm gonna start heading back down. Dammit, I was hoping they'd be up here, I even started frapsing so I cou- FUCK!"

Me: "You alright?"

"I got hit with something! My blood is at like 4k now! They have a silenced gun or something!"

Me: "Fuck dude, get out of there!"

"*static*"

Me: "Still there?"

I alt-tabbed to check and see if he was still on skype, it said he got disconnected, I assumed his internet went out on him, he'd been having Desynch issues all day.

The next day I chatted with him and asked if he wanted to get back on, he responded with: "....nah, I dont think I'm gonna play for a while...I need a bit of a break."

I asked him if he managed to record the bandits with fraps, he told me the file must have been corrupted or something because it wouldn't play for him. I asked him to send me the file to see if I could get it to work, the whole thing was badly distorted and the audio apparently didn't record. Except, I found one frame that seemed to be fine, it was near the end when he was running away from the tower. This is that frame.

post-75804-0-17315100-1344268147_thumb.j

• Like 16

I now wanna go back to Green Mountain. I was there during the day, so I'm going to go back on a night server. I'm going to make the trip with no gear just to see what's up. Anybody is welcomed to join.

You don't want to go to Green mountain at night....my theory is that rocket is trying out some experimental code for some new type of zombie boss. All that can be certain if you go near Green mountain at night your senses can't be trusted

I've been there twice with a friend. Once at day and once at night. You know what was there? Nothing. Nothing at all

My friend recently tried to go to Green Mountain.

The story goes like this: My friends and I were on our home server moving north from Zelenogorsk to Stary and we had to skirt around the mountain as we did, suddenly a hail of bullets flies in our direction and one by one we go down to gunshots. There's denying a sniper or two had spotted us but we all went down too fast to figure out where. My friend instantly assumed the snipers were using the radio tower as a vantage point, I and my other friend were content to let our relatively crappy gear go, especially since night was nearing on the server and just decided to head to Belota to restock a bit before it got too dark, but my friend had a AS50 and NVG's on his character and was going to get his stuff back. When he got to where we died the bodies were already gone, we assumed they despawned. He said he was gonna go up the mountain to see if the snipers were there and if they might have looted his stuff. We were on voice chat the whole time and things went a bit like this.

"I dont see anyone up here, not even at the top of the tower, its getting really dark though."

Me: "You should start heading back, I found a CZ for you to use for now."

"Yeah, I'm gonna start heading back down. Dammit, I was hoping they'd be up here, I even started frapsing so I cou- FUCK!"

Me: "You alright?"

"I got hit with something! My blood is at like 4k now! They have a silenced gun or something!"

Me: "Fuck dude, get out of there!"

"*static*"

Me: "Still there?"

I alt-tabbed to check and see if he was still on skype, it said he got disconnected, I assumed his internet went out on him, he'd been having Desynch issues all day.

The next day I chatted with him and asked if he wanted to get back on, he responded with: "....nah, I dont think I'm gonna play for a while...I need a bit of a break."

I asked him if he managed to record the bandits with fraps, he told me the file must have been corrupted or something because it wouldn't play for him. I asked him to send me the file to see if I could get it to work, the whole thing was badly distorted and the audio apparently didn't record. Except, I found one frame that seemed to be fine, it was near the end when he was running away from the tower. This is that frame.

dude, that looks like.... slender man. green mountain is a freaky thing bro, a freaky thing. i know what all started it. one player went up their, died for no reason, and he wasnt able to play day z again. freaky huh?

I've been there twice with a friend. Once at day and once at night. You know what was there? Nothing. Nothing at all

What was your murder/bandit count and humanity? I think it has something to do with that. I have no idea if it is low or high humanity that is required though... if whatever is there "feeds" on good or evil. One time I were on Skype with a friend that was exploring GM and he suddenly started screaming "What the hell is going on?" and then he said "I died." No gunshots, but other weird shit going on.

EDIT: I was there at dusk one time by myself and I saw someone just standing and watching me from the woods. Don't know if it was an unarmed player or a glitched zombie or whatever. I only saw a silhouette and it was freaky as hell.

Edited by Terrorviktor
  • Like 1

What was your murder/bandit count and humanity? I think it has something to do with that. I have no idea if it is low or high humanity that is required though... if whatever is there "feeds" on good or evil. One time I were on Skype with a friend that was exploring GM and he suddenly started screaming "What the hell is going on?" and then he said "I died." No gunshots, but other weird shit going on.

EDIT: I was there at dusk one time by myself and I saw someone just standing and watching me from the woods. Don't know if it was an unarmed player or a glitched zombie or whatever. I only saw a silhouette and it was freaky as hell.

I went up there at evening and I saw a dark silhouette in the woods when I was looking at the top of the broadcast tower, I scoped in using my svd and there was a guy just standing there, he wasn't a survivor of any kind. Just stared at me! It was really weird so I shot the bastard! He feel like a sack of shit! but then his body glitched out and he stood up like some zombies do when they glitch out and disappeared! from common knowledge in DayZ this means the AI has respawned. It started raining and thunder rang out. Knowing the stories of green mountain I shit myself and quickly aborted the game! I join another server thats -6 gmt so its day. I come into the game with a broken leg and in shock. now that was fucked up! I got out of there with some morphine but still with 12000 blood!

We dun goto Green Mountain no mo.

• Like 3

There are worse things than death up on ol' green mountain

Me and my friend where there today and met some survivor which werent so friendly..we killed them in a awesome firefight 2vs3 ^^

I was there because you can find a ATV and a UAZ there..and there are alot of Deerstandts (found a M24 <3)

there are like zombies spawning there like theres a crash site or something... get hit and break my leg and stuck there till i get it fixed. had a morphine in my inventory but for some reason it was gone when i broke my leg. so yh... green mountain... zombies are to look out for... damn dem!

oh and BTW i also heard shots coming from there too but when i got there, it was nothing but zombies and no dead bodies etc.

Edited by ninja!

You know in a way, a mountain is a lot like a very large Hill and at times I'm sure it's very Silent.

I wonder if that's significant in any way.

• Like 1