Senatov (DayZ)

How to use Steam Overlay with Retail ArmA 2?

You can create non steam game shortcuts in steam. Google it or use steam help.

On steam add the game to your library by selecting games on the top (in steam) and add a non-steam game to your library. Rest is self-explainatory. Let me know if you have problems.

Add non steam game (Games > Add non steam game to my library) dont forget to check props and add in the launch options

-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -mod=@DayZ

I have DAY Z installed on a retail copy of ArmA 2. How do I use DAYZ with Steam with this?

Sorry, I am new.

Thanks

I've added DayZ to Steam and launch it from there and have been using the Steam overlay for at least a month. But today after a Steam update I can no longer use the overlay in DayZ. Anyone got a fix?

I've added DayZ to Steam and launch it from there and have been using the Steam overlay for at least a month. But today after a Steam update I can no longer use the overlay in DayZ. Anyone got a fix?

Hijacker.

Hijacker.

ure asshoal he nvr high jack he jst ask for help

replace the original armaoa.exe with the one from the extension/beta folder. The beta updates, the one that steam uses doesn't, so you

have to manually.

Edited by Criminal

replace the original armaoa.exe with the one from the extension/beta folder. The beta updates, the one that steam uses doesn't, so you

have to manually.

Not to be inconsiderate, but I meant the problem I was having.

Your saying there is no arma 2 operation arrowhead folder for you because you have a retail copy, or am I miss understanding you?

Step 5 of the retail installation guide suggests " 5) Inside "@DayZ" folder create another folder named "Addons". It should look like this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\Addons"..

So what specifically is different for you?

"RETAIL INSTALLATION

1) Download both ARMA 2 and ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead

2) Make sure you install the latest patch for the retail version from http://www.arma2.com...ly/game-updates

3) Run the game once before proceeding.

3) Download DayZ Mod files. http://armafiles.info/dayz/

4) Make a folder named "@DayZ" in your Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead directory.

5) Inside "@DayZ" folder create another folder named "Addons". It should look like this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\Addons

6) Unpack all DayZ Mod files in the "Addons" folder.

7) Right click on ArmA2:OA.exe - create shortcut.

8) Right click on the new shortcut - properties.

9) Add "-mod=@dayz" without the quotes to the target line. You can find other launch options, like windowed mode here:http://community.bis...rtup_Parameters

10) Run the shortcut.

If everything is installed correctly you should see "@dayz" line under "ArmA 2" on the right side of the menu screen.

Use the filter to find DayZ servers."

Your saying there is no arma 2 operation arrowhead folder for you because you have a retail copy, or am I miss understanding you?

Step 5 of the retail installation guide suggests " 5) Inside "@DayZ" folder create another folder named "Addons". It should look like this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\Addons"..

So what specifically is different for you?

There is nothing related to ArmA 2 in the "common" folder, since it is not a Steam game. It was installed from a retail DVD.

Just use Process Explorer, launch DayZ normally, right click ArmaAO.exe in process explorer, go to Properties and copy the "Command Line" and use that as the path to your game in Steam.

Can I add arma 2 as a non steam game to steam and then buy OA on steam? Will those two work together ?