Sign in to follow this  
johnnyfirs

My concern about DayZ atm (look please)

In the earlier days of DayZ, the community was alot nicer. I didn't experience as many player kills as I do now.

8 / 10 times you interact with players, you get shot, even if you are unarmed and yell "FRIENDLY" several times!

I know it's fun to kill players because you get a certain rush, since you can risk loosing everything you got, but come on... This is getting out of hand(?).

P.s. I think it's fair that you shoot an armed player since he might as well shoot you instead... Experienced this alot of times.

I made a little video to demonstrate what I mean.

Like/comment on it if you ... yeah... like it.

Regards

• Like 17

This game is now COD.

Funny Vid, but i would of taken the hint from his location and stance as you went in that he didnt look like he wanted to share his beans.

Funny Vid, but i would of taken the hint from his location and stance as you went in that he didnt look like he wanted to share his beans.

Ofc normally I don't play like I did in the vid, it's just a way of showing the enthusiasm of new players in Dayz who just want to cooperate (atleast that's what I wanted in the beginning)

I too shot (armed) players, because if I don't, they'll shoot me!

It's beautiful that you can still tell a little bit about someone's intentions just by observing their body language.

Epic video :D its both true and not true. if you wanna play the good role you play that role :) but it has its ups and down same as beeing a bandit :)

Got to say i laughed at the "meeheeem" and the "hey man wanna group u-.." *gun shots* "oh what the hell!?"

This game is now COD.

Yeah have you heard? any game that involves shooting and killing other players, is definately cod.

I wouldnt be concerned about "it was nicer back den" and "now people kill eachother more often"

I'd be more concerned with hackers and how they drive new players away.

• Like 3

There has only been a handful of times when I have run into another player and they haven't opened fire immediately. The 1st was on the day I started playing DayZ, me and a friend spawned in and met up with each other in Kamenka, another player spawned near us (on the beach) and we started talking to him. The another time I logged into the server just north of Electro, saw someone else running about 200 metres away, he shouted "friendly, friendly" and carried on running, not that I would have shot him.

Like I have said many times on this forum, I survive because I either run from other players or shoot them onsite. DO NOT yell friendly, DO NOT make yourself noticed by anyone. Makes friend in real life or on the forums then play with those guys, survivors in DayZ will shoot you; survive by not taking chances.

Got to say i laughed at the "meeheeem" and the "hey man wanna group u-.." *gun shots* "oh what the hell!?"

Yeah have you heard? any game that involves shooting and killing other players, is definately cod.

This is a survival mod based on a military simulator.

The point of the game has changed.

Though kids like you ignored that the game wasn't meant to be all about shooting and hunting people down.

With the removal of morality in game (Okay, we have a heart beat. someone will totally be listening for that when they're looking at someone with another gun up close.) There has been an influx of "Banditos" into the game; since it's a game and being friendly has no real perk to it. Why would I say such things when I'm a bandit myself? I chose to be the bad guy, because without the few bad souls in the world; it's a pretty bland place

The days of killing a group of 5-10 friendly survivors was so much better than the 1 or 2 you get today.

Watching them work together, following them, getting to know them. Then stealing it all away made the game much better.

Now it's shoot on site, or you may lose your gear and kills.

It's now all about "Need to get a gun. Shoot people. Get better stuff."

COD mentality.

Maybe it's just the fact that the ratio was Survivors > Bandits; and now it's rotated to Bandits > Survivors.

It's becoming pretty much more and more Vanilla Arma 2 everyday.

Edited by Masis
  • Like 5

There has only been a handful of times when I have run into another player and they haven't opened fire immediately. The 1st was on the day I started playing DayZ, me and a friend spawned in and met up with each other in Kamenka, another player spawned near us (on the beach) and we started talking to him. The another time I logged into the server just north of Electro, saw someone else running about 200 metres away, he shouted "friendly, friendly" and carried on running, not that I would have shot him.

Like I have said many times on this forum, I survive because I either run from other players or shoot them onsite. DO NOT yell friendly, DO NOT make yourself noticed by anyone. Makes friend in real life or on the forums then play with those guys, survivors in DayZ will shoot you; survive by not taking chances.

Just to mention for people, I do have friends which I play DayZ with, this movie was made alone tho. And mostly for fun.

nice video, :)

But i'd have flanked around the supermarket and done a mini recce!

I'd be more concerned with hackers and how they drive new players away.

The first time I played DayZ I joined a server and was instantly killed by a hacker. Then after I respawned was shot by a person with an Mk 48 Mod 0 and coyote backpack...

I almost stopped playing it after those two deaths.

• Like 1

I killed my first survivor on accident today, I turned a corner and he happened to be afk in the street with his AKM pointing at me, so I panicked and emptied half a Mag into him. :/

Edited by Gindack

The first time I played DayZ I joined a server and was instantly killed by a hacker. Then after I respawned was shot by a person with an Mk 48 Mod 0 and coyote backpack...

I almost stopped playing it after those two deaths.

Yeah hackers is really beginning to be a serious issue. I've found several hacker crates containing all the ammo in the game! What's the fun in the game if you all your gear isn't hard earned?

If you like gear that comes easy, go queue the raidfinder in WoW and dance.

Off Topic: Johnny u got any DMR mags I could have to convert for my M24?

Edited by Jumboperson87

the full geared players laying in electro hills sniping people is a what annoys me.

Nice video OP. Nothing warms the cockles of my heart like an optimistic newbie, gazing at the world of DayZ with wide eyed wonder for the first time.

the full geared players laying in electro hills sniping people is a what annoys me.

They're certainly a pain, but also a part of the game that can be dealt with given time and effort, for example by wandering around said hills with a hatchet. ;)

Though it was kinda funny the first few times, there's just something upsetting about being turned into a goat or launched 50 feet into the air.

• Like 1

for example by wandering around said hills with a hatchet. ;)

1+ beans

I once AXED a sniper for directions.. knawmean ?

That was the best feeling ever, since the sniper had killed me once before.

Nice video OP. Nothing warms the cockles of my heart like an optimistic newbie, gazing at the world of DayZ with wide eyed wonder for the first time.

So much innocence when you started with DayZ. I remember crawling all the way into Cherno at nighttime, so freaking scared of all the zombies around me, and all the flares in the distance. Now I just sprint around in Elektro not giving a fuck... Guess I lost my patience lol.

• Like 1