Louie21

When I reload, the magazine if never full? I definetly have extra magazines

Wow guys' date=' it's not just shoving random mags into your gun. It will always shove the mag with the most amount of rounds into the gun. Always. That's not a bug.

[/quote']

Are you even reading their posts? They're pretty obviously saying its not performing a tactical reload when it should be. In Zeek's case he had full mags in his inventory but when he reloaded it kept loading the mag with 2 bullets in it.

Same deal with Dizzymagoo. He had full mags but he kept reloading the mag with 3 bullets in it.

If the others who have posted are right in saying Arma II makes use of the tactical reload, then this is obviously a bug.

No, what they're saying is that they have plenty of mags in their inventory, but they only have 2 bullets every time they releoad. But in both situations, both posters mention obvious ways on how they dropped their full mags and picked up more empties or just had tons of empties anyways. Like I said, it's not a bug. Just a lack of a good source of information.

I don't remember mentioning how I dropped mags [i never did], once I shot off the 2 rounds I could suddenly hit "reload" and it would use a fresh mag.

oh and the whole clip/magazine/bullet/round thing - it's a game on the internet, stop being a POG

Dizzymagoo emptied his mag which had 3 rounds in it and reloaded. The new mag was full, thus we can deduce he had at least one full mag in his inventory when trying to perform the tactical reload. Prior to empying the mag with 3 rounds he tried performing said tactical reload, but instead of getting the full mag he just gets the same or a new mag with 3 rounds in it.

Once again it seems like you're not really reading what they've posted...

Yup, same thing happened to me with a revolver. Took 4 shots, had 2 left. Tried to reload, and constantly got hit with only 2 shots. Fired those off, and immediately was able to reload to 6 shots. Something is definitely bugged there.

Once again, it seems like you're not getting the point. Dizzymagoo emptied his mag, which had 3 rounds in it, and reloaded. The new mag was full, yes. And then he swapped his mags with some unknown mags on some random dude. And then tried said tactical reload. And then is surprised to find random shit.

I don't know about you, but I almost constantly have half assed pistol mag management, and sometimes will even reload every 2-3 shots. Hell, for all I know, Dizzymagoo could have been any one of the number of people who have betrayed me to find shit gear, and ended up with my nearly empty mags.

The point is, just because you pick up a new mag, or have a mag in your inventory, it doesn't mean that it's full.

Just train yourselves to use up the mag before you reload it!

Holy shit, like real life! Show me the soldier who is hurriedly transferring rounds between magazines during a firefight!

Point is, if you pick up a full mag off a loot spawn it still doesn't allow you to do a proper tactical reload, it keeps reloading the same mag.

This is an alpha, if we're trying to point out bugs why are people so keen to defend them and call them "features"

"The point is, just because you pick up a new mag, or have a mag in your inventory, it doesn't mean that it's full."

The point is when I have 7 mags on me it keeps reloading the half empty mag, once the half empty mag is expended *surprise* I can use a fresh mag!

Point is' date=' if you pick up a full mag off a loot spawn it still doesn't allow you to do a proper tactical reload, it keeps reloading the same mag.

This is an alpha, if we're trying to point out bugs why are people so keen to defend them and call them "features"

"The point is, just because you pick up a new mag, or have a mag in your inventory, it doesn't mean that it's full."

The point is when I have 7 mags on me it keeps reloading the half empty mag, once the half empty mag is expended *surprise* I can use a fresh mag!

[/quote']

I never said it was a feature. I said it was a "lack" of a feature. ;) Big difference there.

Again, you morons, this is a "feature" of ArmA2, not DayZ.

Changing the way magazines are reloaded/switched around isn't something that lies within the scope of the DayZ project.

Holy shit' date=' like real life! Show me the soldier who is hurriedly transferring rounds between magazines during a firefight!

[/quote']

Show me a soldier who leaves a mag with 2 rounds in his weapon when he has one with 30 in his vest.

Then again I was a Marine so I can't speak for soldiers... giggity.

I think what he may mean is a mag glitch. I have noticed that if you carry M9 mags in your inventory while using an MP5 it will load the M9 mag instead of the MP5 mag. I have no idea what causes this other than the fact that the ammo is identical and may actually support this.

I think what he may mean is a mag glitch. I have noticed that if you carry M9 mags in your inventory while using an MP5 it will load the M9 mag instead of the MP5 mag. I have no idea what causes this other than the fact that the ammo is identical and may actually support this.

Yeah M9 and MP5 rounds are interchangeable. I had both weapons at the same time and it meant that I had a stupid amout of rounds for my primary.

To the OP... ignore all the idiots talking about this being a Milsim. Yes its a milsim. But something is certainly broken. I have had the same problem recently.

They aren't idiots' date=' they are correct. It's not a bug.

[/quote']

It's not a bug, but it IS stupid. Your character should simply take the time to fill up any half empty mags between fights. Personally I normally fill mags while walking between stations at competitions, barely even think about doing it anymore, so an automatic (or manual, if you want to stick with the traditional ARMA clunkiness) function for filling up mags when you're not doing anything else would be nice AND realistic.

ARMA is one of the VERY FEW games that has this feature. i love it. i shot 10 bullets, i have 20 left. i reload, i get full mag. but when i run out of full mags, i get the 20 bullet mag. thats just awesome.

but i feel like there should be an option where u take 2 minutes of your time to sit down and sort through all ur mags and fill all those partial ones with other partial ones so ur only left with ONE partial one. im sure its easy to implement. u cud right click the mags and say "sort" or something.

Example.

BEFORE

1 - 30

2 - 30

3 - 25

4 - 10

5 - 10

AFTER

1 - 30

2 - 30

3 - 30

4 - 15

5 - 0 (so u have a spare usable slot in the inventory)

The shells themselves are identical' date=' but the two guns can NOT use each others magazines. I suspect this is a bit of a hack on Rockets part, in order to circumvent ARMA's broken ammo system (where you can't transfer rounds between mags).

[hr']

Holy shit' date=' like real life! Show me the soldier who is hurriedly transferring rounds between magazines during a firefight!

[/quote']

The points some of us are trying to make is that the majority of the time we're NOT in a firefight. We walk a lot, and this would be the perfect time to top up your almost full mags with the useless rounds from the almost empty ones. And don't tell me that soldiers don't do that when they can, or that they are trained to empty the magazine before reloading, because then you're talking out your ass.

The shells themselves are identical' date=' but the two guns can NOT use each others magazines. I suspect this is a bit of a hack on Rockets part, in order to circumvent ARMA's broken ammo system (where you can't transfer rounds between mags).

[hr']

[/quote']

The points some of us are trying to make is that the majority of the time we're NOT in a firefight. We walk a lot, and this would be the perfect time to top up your almost full mags with the useless rounds from the almost empty ones. And don't tell me that soldiers don't do that when they can, or that they are trained to empty the magazine before reloading, because then you're talking out your ass.

I was just referring to the fact that if I have 2 rounds in a mag, I'd probably throw a new one in. but DayZ doesn't let me, I'm stuck with that 2 round mag loaded in

Wow I don't know how the OP's point has gotten totally pulled out of whack.

His point:

You have three mags: 15, 30, and 30.

ARMA mechanics should be to cycle the mags. So if I hit R it'll swap the 15 for a 30. This IS NOT happening sometimes. It'll keep reloading the 15 even though there's 2 full mags. I ran into this yesterday and did some testing, I can verify it's happening.

On a whim I also tested the dropping the mags and picking them back up. You always get the same partial mag in the gun. Tried dropping the gun and picking it up. The same. I also dropped all three mags, picked them up individually so I only had one in my gear, and always had the same partial mag no matter which one I picked up. Just one more bug for the bug list.

I've also been playing arma nice it pretty much launched so I know the mechanics just incase anyone wants to start preaching about them.

Yes - it is a military sim and you wouldn't expect to be able to properly "migrate" ammunition to fill your mags in a heated situation.

Yes - There IS plenty of time for this in DayZ. Arguing that people are too busy to perform this action is wrong and insulting.

No - It isn't a bug, but poor design - atleast in a DayZ style simulator. You'd never want to go into combat with a 1 shot mag - especially not with uncle zed hiding behind every corner.

No - It isn't a bug' date=' but poor design - atleast in a DayZ style simulator. You'd never want to go into combat with a 1 shot mag - especially not with uncle zed hiding behind every corner.

[/quote']

Yep - exactly. Not a bug, poor design. Having it not automatically transfer rounds to fill mags only makes it "realistic" if it lets you do it manually. It doesn't, so it's not a very good design IMO.

Yes, DayZ (/ Arma) has an minor issue / is lacking features with the mags.

There should be some manual (and somewhat time-taking) way of transferring rounds from several half-empty mags to a single mag, if it was to be a fully realistic sim. Currently, there is not.

Right now, to use the rounds efficiently, one has to basically often run around with a mag with only a few rounds in it rather than reloading, just so that you can pop those few rounds to some zeds and then get a fresh full mag (so that the almost empty mag would not clutter your gear).

And sometimes, this can unfortunately get you killed, when you get into a firefight with a person on close range, and suddenly realize that your mag only had a one or two rounds in it, and the time it takes to reload is the time it takes for you to end up dead.

So... the way most other games do this by instantly re-organizing all of your rounds to the mags is obviously not realistic. But neither is the current total inability organize them. (It doesn't really take a genius to move some rounds from one magazine to another in real life, but currently seems to be impossible in DayZ) :P

And at least for me, it seems to have always reloaded the most full magazine. I haven't seen any bugs with that so far. It just sometimes happens that the mags I've picked up have not been full, so it might have appeared as if it had reloaded the wrong mag, when in fact, they were just all half-empty.

I do have encountered the bugs/features where a partially used mag becomes full again for no apparent reason on disconnect/reconnect (maybe just sync issues?) or when a mag decides to just disappear when moved to backpack that still has plenty empty slots, etc.

(I'll just put those bugs to the "Alpha" tap, even though they probably are Arma 2 bugs really) ;)