Louie21

When I reload, the magazine if never full? I definetly have extra magazines

How come when I reload my pistol and Rifle sometimes I dont get a full magazine count. for instance. If i reload a gun that normally holds 30 rounds, it will only reload with 20 or even less. I always have extra magazines in my inventory so I definitely have enough ammo to fill a magazine.

Is this because magazines need to be emptied before reloading? and the character doesn't automatically shift the bullets to fill magazines? just like in BF3 and COD

DayZ is great good job rocket

Its a realistic game, therefore, the game stores the rounds for every magazine seperately. So if you have 2 shots left an reload, you now have a mag with only 2 rounds.

Consider Arma II as a MilSim and try to think about your question again.

Hint: There is no magical "bulletshift".

Well this has more realism, magazines don't just magically refill them selves in real life. Basically, if you have 2 clips, both clips have 30/30 rounds. If you shoot 10 rounds from 1 magazine so it's 20/30 and the other one is 30/30. If you reload the gun, it just swaps clips, so it will swap to the clip with more ammo in it which would be the 30/30 one and the 20/30 one would be in your bag/pocket/where ever else you put that thing.

I'm pretty sure that's how it works. But I could be wrong.

but its not so magical to take those last two bullets and add them to another half full mag

but its not so magical to take those last two bullets and add them to another half full mag

Indeed, it's not. At least when you are not involved into a firefight.

ArmA2 is set up like real life. If you shoot 5 rounds out of one mag, the game tracks it.

I won't even bother telling you why you wouldn't waste time transferring rounds between magazines. Maybe if you were camped out somewhere and had nothing else to do, but DayZ/ArmA2 doesn't really portray that situation (nor does any game).

BTW, they're not "bullets", they're "cartridges" or "rounds". The bullet is the actual copper/lead bit that goes down the barrel and hurts people. The thing in your magazine or loaded onto your stripper clips are your cartridges, not your bullets.

Fire till empty stop reloading all the damn time like it's BF3 or COD.

Every time you perform a tatical reload, your halfused magazines are stored last in the inventory. If you have all the magazines you want to carry, but come across similar ammunition on the ground, drop your last magazine in the inventory and pick up the one from the ground.

Has there been a way to repack your mags added yet? I remember it being possible in ace.

BTW' date=' they're not "bullets", they're "cartridges" or "rounds". The bullet is the actual copper/lead bit that goes down the barrel and hurts people. The thing in your magazine or loaded onto your stripper clips are your cartridges, not your bullets.

Fucking firearms newbies.

[/quote']

Personally I was A coy 1RNZIR, 2nd gunner on a C9

I dont mind using the term 'bullet' on an internet forum

People do this, even in realistic military sims, for a reason. Not because its a "mainstream shoot'em up" thing.

It is called a tactical reload for a reason. It is often more advisable to change magazines during a lull in a firefight even if the one you are on is not currently empty. Although they could institute a way to manage your magazines manually (obviously only in downtime) but it is not something I would considered anything near important.

Except...it makes no sense when using a revolver or a shotgun, you don't use mags with them and even with speed reloaders you always tend to have a bunch of rounds sitting in a pocket because lets be honest you don't find a speed reloader with every 6 revolver cartridges.

To the OP... ignore all the idiots talking about this being a Milsim. Yes its a milsim. But something is certainly broken. I have had the same problem recently.

To the OP... ignore all the idiots talking about this being a Milsim. Yes its a milsim. But something is certainly broken. I have had the same problem recently.

They aren't idiots, they are correct. It's not a bug.

BTW' date=' they're not "bullets", they're "cartridges" or "rounds". The bullet is the actual copper/lead bit that goes down the barrel and hurts people. The thing in your magazine or loaded onto your stripper clips are your cartridges, not your bullets.

Fucking firearms newbies.

[/quote']

Personally I was A coy 1RNZIR, 2nd gunner on a C9

I dont mind using the term 'bullet' on an internet forum

That's very cool and quite respectable but there is such a thing as the correct terminology. :cool:

They aren't idiots' date=' they are correct. It's not a bug.

[/quote']

Yesterday I had 6 mak mags. I dropped 3 in one loot pile and picked 3 more up off a survivor I killed. I pressed reload and still had 3 bullets in my mag. Once I shot them all off at a zed, the next mag I loaded was full. Did the samething later on one of my stanag mags.

there do seem to be some issues with the game realizing you picked up more mags, as like others after picking up new mags of the same type it would not tac reload to the new mags. Its just a little thing that is a bit odd and is probably ARMA native, not just DayZ. But I am all for being able to "Consolidate" my two half empty mags into one full mag during downtime.

Also someone posted dropping the mags resets ammo count, is that true?

They aren't idiots' date=' they are correct. It's not a bug.

[/quote']

Yesterday I had 6 mak mags. I dropped 3 in one loot pile and picked 3 more up off a survivor I killed. I pressed reload and still had 3 bullets in my mag. Once I shot them all off at a zed, the next mag I loaded was full. Did the samething later on one of my stanag mags.

So more than likely you dropped three full mags into a pile, and picked up three more possibly not full mags from some random dude. That doesn't mean it's bugged. It just means it's lacking features, such as a new gear UI that tells us more detailed information about objects.

Also, this remind me. Rocket, can we have a way to repack mags, and perhaps shift interchangeable ammo between mags?

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/31929

I've had this problem too, I have 7 1911 mags, 2 are used, 5 are full, but every time I reload it keeps putting in the mag that has 2 rounds left in it [no, not all 7 have 2 rounds left in them]

Also if this was a die-hard milsim, empty mags would remain in your inventory. God help you if you happen to lose magazines even in a warzone :P just saying! [How do I access my droppouch?]

Wow guys, it's not just shoving random mags into your gun. It will always shove the mag with the most amount of rounds into the gun. Always. That's not a bug.

Wow guys' date=' it's not just shoving random mags into your gun. It will always shove the mag with the most amount of rounds into the gun. Always. That's not a bug.

[/quote']

Are you even reading their posts? They're pretty obviously saying its not performing a tactical reload when it should be. In Zeek's case he had full mags in his inventory but when he reloaded it kept loading the mag with 2 bullets in it.

Same deal with Dizzymagoo. He had full mags but he kept reloading the mag with 3 bullets in it.

If the others who have posted are right in saying Arma II makes use of the tactical reload, then this is obviously a bug.

Wow guys' date=' it's not just shoving random mags into your gun. It will always shove the mag with the most amount of rounds into the gun. Always. That's not a bug.

[/quote']

Are you even reading their posts? They're pretty obviously saying its not performing a tactical reload when it should be. In Zeek's case he had full mags in his inventory but when he reloaded it kept loading the mag with 2 bullets in it.

Same deal with Dizzymagoo. He had full mags but he kept reloading the mag with 3 bullets in it.

If the others who have posted are right in saying Arma II makes use of the tactical reload, then this is obviously a bug.

No, what they're saying is that they have plenty of mags in their inventory, but they only have 2 bullets every time they releoad. But in both situations, both posters mention obvious ways on how they dropped their full mags and picked up more empties or just had tons of empties anyways. Like I said, it's not a bug. Just a lack of a good source of information.