laufer

Refillable ammo clips

Hi!

If its already said - I have to say it again. Here is idea:

1. Weapon clips don't disappear when depleted.

2. Clips can be refilled near ammo box.

3. Ammo boxes situated in military buildings (police offices?)

4. Any of clip can be refilled near single ammo box (no questions about fuel types for different vehicles? So, let it be!)

5. Make ammo boxes (safes) closed. Player need a crowbar to open it. Also crowbar can be hanged on belt.

You ask me why? Here is answer:

1. I think this will make game more interesting. I like to fill water canisters and jerry cans - its fun!

2. Upcoming update will fix endless ammo - it will make game harder and less funny. So, this idea makes this update less destructive and more interesting (ammo still endless but you have to deserve it!)

3. Ammo boxes will not break balance because they situated in military buildings. Its a dangerous spot where all the fight is going. Also you will have to find crowbar.

Thank you.

p.s. English is not my language. Sorry for mistakes.

Edited by Laufer
  • Like 7

First let me say your English is excellent.

Second....I think it's great you get such a kick out of filling water bottles. (appreciate the simple things :))

Third....Sure! Why not?

First let me say your English is excellent.

Second....I think it's great you get such a kick out of filling water bottles. (appreciate the simple things :))

Third....Sure! Why not?

Thank you! I do my best :blush:

Another idea: make ammo boxes (safes) closed. Player need a crowbar to open it.

Edited by Laufer

Thank you! I do my best :blush:

Another idea: make ammo boxes (safes) closed. Player need a crowbar to open it.

OOOh bad idea i think...because crowbar takes up primary weapon slot or 10 backpack slots.

Maybe something though...like lock picks that can sit in a tool slot.

As PlayZ said... Dropping your weapon already carries the risk of losing it, so dumping my shiny new M24 for a second to get the crowbar out to refill my mags is not a risk I plan to take.

If you could use the crowbar from the toolbelt perhaps, but we're also already running on rather small inventories. ((Between ALL the crap we already have to carry for survival)) carrying around empty mags would be cumbersome unless they got their own section.

This would allow new, interesting forms of gameplay, like holding ammo stashes with your buddy, but it would need to eb fleshed out to work properly and not just be a pointless addition.

Btw your english is great, would have never been able to tell it wasn't your first language if you hadn't said.

Make the crowbar appear on the toolbelt and you have my full support. Axe should be enough to break the lock though. Also if this gets implemented we should be able to break down m249 belts for tons of 5.56 x 45mm rounds and then fill empty stanag magazines with them. If all this sorta things gets added we would need the new inventory system added else all this would become too much a hassle

About crowbar:

guys, I'm trading for endless ammo with developers! There should be some difficulties for players, or this suggestion willbe killed

Sure, player should be able to place crowbar on his belt. Updated first post.

Edited by Laufer

Yes, I really like this idea. It adds to realism and the experience of being a little scavenger. And as playZ said, your English is excellent (except for the police offices part ;)).

Yes, I really like this idea. It adds to realism and the experience of being a little scavenger. And as playZ said, your English is excellent (except for the police offices part ;)).

Thank you for support!

When I'm at home my wife checks my errors (she is philologist). Now, sitting in my office, I'm on my own... :rolleyes:

Edited by Laufer

This would be good. I would be happy with a 'merge magazine' function to merge magazines with a few bullets, and 'reload magazines' when you have a box of appropiate ammunition (5.56 or 7.62) available. Neither would require any new UI, which takes a long time to implement.

3. Ammo boxes will not break balance because they situated in military buildings. Its a dangerous spot where all the fight is going. Also you will have to find crowbar.

So lets implement some nice full body armor which protects you with an additional absorption of 50k blood. But it will not break the balance because you can only get it at military buildings which are dangerous spots since there are fights going on.

I would rather like to have more customization in the weapons, e.g. you find a m4a1 and you can find scopes (different types like single dot, ranged scopes, higher range scopes...), red-dots, flashlights, SILENCER and all the other attachments on their own so you can customize and upgrade your weapon like you want to.

So lets implement some nice full body armor which protects you with an additional absorption of 50k blood. But it will not break the balance because you can only get it at military buildings which are dangerous spots since there are fights going on.

I would rather like to have more customization in the weapons, e.g. you find a m4a1 and you can find scopes (different types like single dot, ranged scopes, higher range scopes...), red-dots, flashlights, SILENCER and all the other attachments on their own so you can customize and upgrade your weapon like you want to.

You overdo... a bit :D. I know that endless ammo is a hard test for game balance, but I'm sure that developers have a lot of tools for that (decrease chance of ammo clips drop for example).

Let me know if you have some constructive balancing ideas B)

Edited by Laufer

This would be good. I would be happy with a 'merge magazine' function to merge magazines with a few bullets, and 'reload magazines' when you have a box of appropiate ammunition (5.56 or 7.62) available. Neither would require any new UI, which takes a long time to implement.

I don't think that its that hard to implement. We already have "refillable clip" - jerry can! But it has only one "bullet" ;)

Edited by Laufer

I was actually thinking about this idea earlier today. I like the idea of consistent magazines, but I think there should be some minor tweaks before that. The first being that having all ammo drops, actually be just that, ammo. I think magazines should be relatively rare. My current survivor right now is sitting on 11 AKM mags and 9 G17 mags. That puts me in the realm of 500 rounds using up 20 inventory slots. With my AKM, I really have no worries in general play. However, even if I had all 500 rounds (or so), but only had 1-2 mags that I could reload, all of a sudden I am sitting at 1/5 of my current firepower to help build a little tension as a few bad pulls could put me into a bad spot. The other addition to help this would be an ammo pouch pickup. It could either just sit in your backpack or main inventory, or use it as a piece of gear. There can be different sized ammo pouches as well, but not really necessary, and players could potentially carry more than one, if they can find multiples that is.

This, I believe, would make some fundamental changes that I would enhance the survivor feeling. For one thing, the M1911 and ACP ammo show up as ammo cartons in game. By finding a full box (which is current 1 magazine for either gun) you can add 25 rounds to your ammo pouch. Then you can use specific ammo types to combine with the various magazines to refill them. In this case, if I found one of each, I could refill them both with the same ammo, using a total of 13 rounds, leaving 12 in the ammo pouch.

This pouch idea could also extend into more general purpose uses. For example, if you were to classify pouches as different from backpacks, pouches may only have 3-5 slots within them, but the pouches can be placed in your inventory/gear slots. This way you could throw a few magazines into a pouch in your inventory for quick access to spare (reloaded) magazines instead of transferring from your backpack. A bit more abstract use of this would be to add a a holster and/or a sling allowing you to place a secondary weapon (pistol and rifle respectively) without having to use up 4-8 slots of your inventory (plus magazines).

• Like 1

CallmeMerry, your idea gives more realism but less game-play as mine. Both ideas not that hard to implement, but only developers will choose which to realize (pick me, pick me! :rolleyes: )

I like this idea if you can put the crowbar on your tool belt, cause they are looking to fix the forever ammo

Yeah i think its a good idea, but you'd have to have specific ammo boxes, like 5.56 and 7.62 and 9mm. Great idea i reckon, it adds to the realism, and no big downside, exept, should we make them carryable? or able to destroy them so other players cannot take ammo? Also there has to be a limit on these boxes so people cant camp in a building with infinite ammunition.

• Like 1

Yeah i think its a good idea, but you'd have to have specific ammo boxes, like 5.56 and 7.62 and 9mm. Great idea i reckon, it adds to the realism, and no big downside, exept, should we make them carryable? or able to destroy them so other players cannot take ammo? Also there has to be a limit on these boxes so people cant camp in a building with infinite ammunition.

1. As I said before - nobody cares about fuel that feeds both bike and heli. So I think its ok to hold all kind of bullets in one box. Anyway splitting bullets by caliber is acceptable.

2. Ammo boxes could spawn at reboot in some military buildings - not fixed as water taps.

3. Ammo boxes shouldn't be carryable - reason you named: infinite ammo at camp. If ammo box is carryable - it must be limited in ammo. This idea overlaps with CallmeMerry's ammo pouches idea.

Here how I think its going to be.

- Guys, I've seen 9mm box in Balota! Lets refill our sidearms!

- I have MP5 - so I'm going with you.

- Lets go!

- Finally, here they come,- wispers sniper on a tower near airfield...

Edited by Laufer

To prevent ammo box camping, they could set the box to disapear after X amount of refill.

This would be really interesting, having to decide whether to keep your empty or nearly empty clips and leave other loot behind in hope that you'll find an ammo box first. It would add something new to the game and it would also give people that like using the AS50 a ray of hope.

• Like 1