omgwtfbbq (DayZ)

Poll: Should Barbed wire be removed?

Barbed Wire  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Should barbed wire be removed?

• Yes
    • No

Well, this bullshit keeps happening to me.

th_arma2oa2012-08-0520-48-55-25.jpg

I am sick of these fucking wires. They do not serve a purpose in the game other than to block PEOPLE. They do not block zombies. Zombies walk right through them. I was able to get into the barracks, but unable to leave because of the glitched bench in the way right next to the barbed wire. I. Hate. Barbed. Wire. Let's remove this shit from DayZ.

edit: got out and found a toolbox. Raided the NWAF, removing about fifteen wires and bag fences. Still a retarded concept, though.

Edited by omgwtfbbq
  • Like 2

No barbed wire and all is fine, they just need to sort out that once its removed with a toolbox it doesn't load back in on server restart - because that shit is just stacking like a motherfucker on all the servers.

This is the answer you're looking for.

• Like 8

Nein!

But, they should stop zombies.. or at least tear the crap out of them.

And yea, they gota stop them respawning after removal at server restart.

Edited by ODoyleRulez

No, keeps noobs out of the barracks, or in them in this case lol. Been waiting for a "can someone bring me a toolbox, I ran straight to NWA and now I can't leave" post.

• Like 2

Or at least make removing them easier. Even with a toolbox it's often very difficult or in some cases impossible to remove wires/sandbags due to targeting issues.

Personally I hardly have any issues with them anymore, they used to be at every building that had any kind of average loot in them and it was fucking ridiculous, thankfully that isn't the case anymore, at least in my experience. Personally I wouldn't be for a full removal but I would like to see them, implacable near buildings as they tend to be heavily abused for servers hoppers and just people griefing.

This is a more interesting use for it rather than *blocking barracks*. And if they aren't removed, for fuck's sake, at least make them stop zombies.

No, keeps noobs out of the barracks, or in them in this case lol. Been waiting for a "can someone bring me a toolbox, I ran straight to NWA and now I can't leave" post.

You need to go to hell. Now. I hate people like you that do this. I was once stuck in the barracks, and was unable to leave because on 7 different servers the door was covered in barbed wire and tank traps.

Edited by omgwtfbbq

You need to go to hell. Now. I hate people like you that do this. I was once stuck in the barracks, and was unable to leave because on 7 different servers the door was covered in barbed wire and tank traps.

Should have gotten a toolbox first.

Should have gotten a toolbox first.

Bit hard to remove it when half of the barbed wire is sticking through the wall.

I wonder how that could be legitimately posible. If you can enter the building, you should be able to exit it fine. I have probably crossed 20 barbed wire fences in the barracks without getting stuck even once. Server hopping on the other hand... shouldn't be done ever.

Never seen one. Ever.

Yeah they're in garages, someplace someone just running to NWA looking for mil loot wouldn't frequent.

I wonder how that could be legitimately posible. If you can enter the building, you should be able to exit it fine. I have probably crossed 20 barbed wire fences in the barracks without getting stuck even once. Server hopping on the other hand... shouldn't be done ever.

I was able to crouch walk onto the bench, then I simply crouch walked over the wire. Now, i can't get past it.

Edited by omgwtfbbq

You can jump over the bench with the "V" key, but yes the wire is stupid since zeds go right through...

Sometimes your bones will break as a result. It's rather rare, but it happens.

I was able to crouch walk onto the bench, then I simply crouch walked over the wire. Now, i can't get past it.

Generally if barbed wire are put in a building, there's a high chance you can press V over them. Doesn't look like you have that luck though.

As they stand currently, yes. If they were changed to stop or slow down zeds (Maybe they have to climb over them then fall and move in prone for a while before getting back up) then they'd be useful, as they are now they're annoying and stupid.

Yep this, people need to stop whining to get rocket to play the game for them, there are toolboxes, remove the wire yourself.

Yep this, people need to stop whining to get rocket to play the game for them, there are toolboxes, remove the wire yourself.

I can't, jackass. I don't have a toolbox, and I have never seen one. Also, the wire is glitched through the walls. Read the entire thread before derping.