Sign in to follow this  
Acheron (DayZ)

Dayz is this news to you???

So any one else here tired of seeing on the news page topics like, " Dayz passes 900k unique players" I mean really does any buddy care about this??

Or better yet... Players for church service in dayz!"

This is not news shouldn't these things be in the forums and not on the news front page??? Or am I the only one that feels this way? I personally think the news should be about development updates. Not MORE ROCKET INTERVIEWS AND 900K UNIQUE PLAYER I MEAN GIVE ME A BREAK..

God I use to check the site religiously for updates on real news about the game but lately been nothing but garbage.

am I the only one that is disappointed with the news that is coming up on the front pages?

• Like 5

Should be happy the game is gaining more users. Would be nice to have more news updates, but I have no problems with what's being posted their. Every once in awhile something interesting is posted.

its hard for me to take a post serious when it contains something like "any buddy"

I guess no Buddy cares... :x haha but there may be somebody out there who does.

ure right

the news page should definitely contain more important stuff and less of the random crap they shovel in there

but still those news can be fun too :)

Edited by h3retic

Ya but they can post FUN things on the forums like every one else can't they? Like the church service in dayz that is forum worthy not news worthy.. And why not just have a unique player counter just like they have a counter for people walking, dying and all that other fun stuff.

• Like 1

There is a thread that contains the development of the game. Find it here.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/forum/4-dayz-announcements/

Personally i think the "we hit 900,000 players" threads are positive and nice to see. Same goes for the church service. I think its awesome that players are trying out fubar events like this. I for one thought the idea was funny as hell and was one of the 1000 that could not get in due to mass demand. Keep it up whoever hosted that event!!

Also i have heard of a devils castle rave some point soon ! cant wait for that one :)

• Like 1

There is a thread that contains the development of the game. Find it here.

http://dayzmod.com/f...-announcements/

Personally i think the "we hit 900,000 players" threads are positive and nice to see. Same goes for the church service. I think its awesome that players are trying out fubar events like this. I for one thought the idea was funny as hell and was one of the 1000 that could not get in due to mass demand. Keep it up whoever hosted that event!!

Also i have heard of a devils castle rave some point soon ! cant wait for that one :)

yes but instead of only having such posts, they should also include more info on the game development like for example why the 1.7.2.5 is still not out etc

I want in on that rave.

• Like 1

I have to wonder if most of you people get your real life news from fox news. Also probably think when a celebrity does something unethical is news too? D:

Edited by Acheron

yes but instead of only having such posts, they should also include more info on the game development like for example why the 1.7.2.5 is still not out etc

Well, this must surprise you, but I'm sure they have their reasons for not giving out any information.

1.7.2.5 hotfix is not out because rocket and the team decided that it was so stable, that they wanted to add new features to it aswell. Be patient, good things are coming our way very soon.

For more info dig up the latest rocket interview with machinima as i did :) sorry cant find you a link.

Delta he said "example" it could be on the development on the underground bases Rocket keeps talking about in all of his interviews.

dayzdevteam That's right, this is actually happening - DayZ will be developed as a standalone game, with me as project lead dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/289047915…48 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

This is news! Finally good news!

Fake right?? If it's true,,,something should be in the Announcement section of this forum, right?

This game is gold, why would you not want positive feedback in every way possible? Why is this even a topic?

So Bauersteg I guess your one of those people that loves to hear how World of Warcraft has 11 million subscribers, you love news like that getting shoved down your throat ever other day? Because its the same thing just a different game, no one really like that and its not news.

I am super glad Dayz got to a million players and its going standalone, but I am not glad they counted down to a million on their news page every other day.

Edited by Acheron

I'm confused OP. You're aware, I assume, that the existence of article A does not mean that article B was pushed aside, correct? That if 1 article is published, it's because only 1 article was worth writing at the time? I'd hate to think that you believed that if the posts about the number of players didn't exist, that they'd be replaced with features and updates. Besides, as I'm sure you know, if you see a newspost about a topic you aren't interested in, you are fully within your right to not read it.

I have to wonder if most of you people get your real life news from fox news. Also probably think when a celebrity does something unethical is news too? D:

Yeah how can anyone trust fox news after they edited the 911 call on george zimmerman and made his skin lightened to look white. Oh wait..

"I'm throwing money at my computer screen and nothing is happening" YAY More garbage tweets that's not news. That should answer your confusion "Thatryanguy" That garbage is on the front page I don't have to click any thing to get it. Its one of the lamest tweets ever and shouldn't even be posted on the news section.

I know some guy is super excited in buying dayz as a standalone but again not news worthy just plane garbage shoved in our face on the front page.

As for looking up our news on the announcements forums why should I? No normal person is going to look there. Any normal person just browsing dayz is going to look up news on the front page of the website not going through forums to look for news.