Sign in to follow this  
Szperacz

Please remove the flashing screen from game

After some testing I found it would happen on spawning using Arma2OA vanilla' date=' beta patch 93153 and 93160. [/quote']

So it's the problem with vanilla also? Maybe it would indeed be good to move this thread to BUGS.

And yesterday I've also tried all the painkillers I've had when I've stuck with this flashing and could not play, without improvement. Then I've aborted the game and made this thread...

So it's the problem with vanilla also? Maybe it would indeed be good to move this thread to BUGS.

Every build I tried last night was showing the screen pulse strobe effect and it only happened with DayZ but as I said it was previously fine with build 93153 and didn't occur when Rocket rolled out the 1.5.8.4 hotfix.

(apart from hysterical spawn point errors that went fine :P )

If it was only the betas I should have got the same problem then so I don't know where it came from since it only started last night but if its still going on when I can log into the game later I'll try to rollback to beta 93040 and 93030 and see what happens.

Yeah, It might be a good idea to shift this thread cos we really need more data to figure out whats going on.

Edit: Sod it, I got a few minutes, I'll do it now.

For me its also a recent problem, I don't remember having it in previous builds (Arma beta & Dayz builds).

Just re-checked steam vanilla build 87580. (1.60.0.87580) on Virginia 6, Ping 110, Client requirement 1.6. DayZ Patch 1.5.8.4

(tried an RA server first but couldn't get server response)

Wild estimates: average player age = 6, ability to communicate = 0, past times include spawn camping, the inability to pick things up and actually announcing the location of the building you are camping from :-/

Re-spawned 3 times and it looks clear, there's nothing odd going on at all now apart from the lag so now I'm confused.

Its taking a lot longer than I thought though. Be faster to build my own data centre first (never tried logging on during the day before. :P )

I'll try the rest of the builds when its nice and dark somewhere geographically local.

Wild estimates: average player age = 6' date=' ability to communicate = 0, past times include spawn camping, the inability to pick things up and actually announcing the location of the building you are camping from :-/[/quote']

This is one of the reasons that I would not wish to go back to vanilla... It's possible that there are less children playing the beta build.

Just re-checked steam vanilla build 87580. (1.60.0.87580) on Virginia 6' date=' Ping 110, Client requirement 1.6. DayZ Patch 1.5.8.4

Re-spawned 3 times and it looks clear, there's nothing odd going on at all now apart from the lag so now I'm confused.

[/quote']

Good to know about build 87580. Cheers.

had a look at the day z code to see if there was some kind of script fail happening. looks like its actually supposed to do that o.o

Making stroboscope out of the game screen is stupid, don't you think? Have fun looking at this:

I would be surprised if it was actually supposed to be so. Or not? I hope there will be some comment from Rocket.

Took me long enough just to find a server that would accept a vanilla connection.

I had to bypass a bunch of slot opportunities even considering the day time population.

Most of them look to be running a minimum beta something or other.

Anyhow.... Yeah, just checked.

Server SESUK1, Ping 32, Minimum Build 87662. My patch 93030 (older beta).

Happened 2 out of 4, both times were re-spawns as opposed to quit and load and only happened for 10-20 seconds or so and not so pronounced.

I have recieved a PM, so...

Ok, this is, as far as I understand a result of being attacked by Z's and simulates a general hurt/panic and eventually a lose of health status. It may well occur when injury is inflicted through other means.

I do not see this (personally) as a bug or glich.

I have watched the video and understand that it may well be problematic for some.

I will how ever bring to you notice that every "Video Game" comes with a Warning concerning side effects===

Thank you, I will bring it to the attention of those concerned.

Have fun.

I have recieved a PM' date=' so...

Ok, this is, as far as I understand a result of being attacked by Z's and simulates a general hurt/panic and eventually a lose of health status. It may well occur when injury is inflicted through other means.

I do not see this (personally) as a bug or glich.

I have watched the video and understand that it may well be problematic for some.

I will how ever bring to you notice that every "Video Game" comes with a Warning concerning side effects===

Thank you, I will bring it to the attention of those concerned.

Have fun.

[/quote']

Yeah, no. I knew someone would think that by that video (as someone else called him a pussy in another thread about it). It's much worse then that. Even without being attacked by a Z. It flckers like his post about:

Making stroboscope out of the game screen is stupid, don't you think? Have fun looking at this:

It does that, but much slower for long periods of time. Even when not bering attacked, on respawn. I guess maybe it could be carried over after death if it is intended. I don't know. But as we tested it doesn't happen on build 1.60.87580. edit: I just played on 87580 again, and there is a similar effect that happens as your being attacked. As soon your not being attacked it doesn't persist though. So...did something change in recent beta patches that just made it last longer, more noticeable then?

I had a similar experience of a glitch, first time connecting to a server after few days off, running latest beta (91360 is it?), it was overcast night. For like twenty seconds the sky kept flashing brighter and darker, quite quickly - at least once per second, in consistent rhythm. After some time it stopped. ATI 6870, A2OA 91360, EU9 server. Haven't been injured at the time, happened instantly after connecting (well, after I got into the game so I could play). So I do think it is a bug / glitch.

As said, maybe you don't see the problem, because the flashing dissapears after a second for you. Now try playing the game when it constantly flashes for a minute... The possible bug is flashing for long period of time making the game unbearable. I really don't care too much about epileptic people, but seeing this effect for longer time I was starting to fell epileptic myself, at least in my head, heh.

yeah i checked and generally it goes away within a few seconds like it is supposed to. but sometimes it can linger for 3-4 minutes.

it is a 1second pulse of the screen that brightens it and de-saturates it. it is part of the normal wounding effects. but it is glitching out and very distracting depending on your monitor, gamma settings ect.

the pulse loops for some time and sometimes does not go away until you have been injured again. this is because it is not being turned off properly in script.

bug.

I'm still here.

Show a video with this "stroboscopic effect" in game (not easy at 30fps I know).

System spec's.

Video card.

Driver version and in-game setings.

To fix a "bug" you must be able to reproduce or at least gather enough elements to identify the problem.

What I see in the previous video is normal.

Carry on.

EDIT:

I will move this to the TroubleShoooooting forum.

Thanks

Read the description of the video (yes, it's possible, that it shows normal thing). Then read the post of different people in this thread. My specs were already posted. But yes, it would be good to have a full video of this bug.

Carry on ?

Yeah no can't do, sorry.

No 30 FPS because FRAPS is a bitch. Also ArmA 2 is optimised like a pile of fucking rocks and have the worst SLI scaling of any FPS. Period.

Specs :

I7 2600K O/C

2 X GTX 580 SLI

16GB DDR3

NVIDIA 296.10

ARMA2_OA_Build_93160

And the video you asked :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BKsc5Km_38&feature=youtu.be

The video is short for easy uploading, but sometimes that flashing / pulse / stroboshit effect can last for about 5 minutes straight. And trust me when you got that shit for 5 m, you have the strong desire to kill yourself.

Everytime i connect to a server and spawn i got that shit, sometimes when i get hit too.

^ This is the fucking thing, but sometimes it's much much longer.

Upped back to 93160 on EU7 last night and still got it on my initial spawn.

Killed my self a few times and it only reappeared once and as I've previously said its independent of graphics settings.

(The only benefit of leaving graphics as standard is at night you can't see shit anyway so the effect is subtle).

It appears to be inconsistent as hell though which is going to be problematic.

I'm using Nvidia too btw. Anyone getting it with ATI?

I'll ask again...

What has been changed since 87580 that it's either lasting too long or it persists through death?

edit: damn I totally missed your post Fenrix. What script are you talking about and who needs to be notified of the setting that isn't switching off when it's supposed to?

Gaah!

It's a .4 script error?

Can you throw the code lines to someone please Fenrix cos this is seriously annoying.

Nvidia Gefor

Intel i5 2500 3.3ghz

8gb ram

windows 64bit home

Geforce GTX 550 ti 1gig

Running Steam version of Arma CO with Latest Beta patch. (launching using Spirited Machines Arma II launcher)

I could throw the code but its easy to get to, just get a PBO extractor, and grab the code.

then have a look. Im not good enough a scripter to say for certain what im seeing. im just learning so i might be wrong.

but it looks like after being hit, the hit flash/bleed out does not disable correctly sometimes. and instead starts looping.

No vid, sorry I dont have fraps handy at the moment.

Got around to getting this (taksi) capture prog. working.

I just wanted to get a video in here that had a character with full blood, not injured, and right after spawning. I just started learning this shit so the quality isn't the greatest, but you can still see that I'm all of the above. My temp meter was a bit pinkish so I used a heat pack as well just to be sure.

Vid: http://youtu.be/jU1C0v2HHi8

It lasted longer than that too. I thought I heard someone coming so I had to stop it. I was about 200-300ft away from castle Zub and it didn't stop until I got into the surrounding forest. I'd say like 2-3 more minutes. I looked around for whoever was there as well before getting to the forest.

Szperacz: Can you put this in your original post so that people have a better idea of this effect? For future reference. Cheers.