Sign in to follow this  
Szperacz

Please remove the flashing screen from game

Please remove the flashing screen from game - this effect when you're hurt or something. Its extremely annoying, my eyes literally hurt from seeing it, and I stop playing in this moment. Second thing - I'm not caring very much about other people illness, but it must be a nightmare for people with epilepsy - lalalallala - youre walking by the forest singing - and suddenly a flash from the zombie hit and you're on the floor shaking in convulsions... (or does it work in other way?)

Please think about any other effect, not a horrible constant, rhytmical blinking - I don't know, some texture overlay, darkened screen or something.

[edit]

Later in this thread you have a video: http://youtu.be/pPOKgRPeeGg

Another video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BKsc5Km_38

A longer video: http://youtu.be/jU1C0v2HHi8

I don't recall any rhythmic flashing in DayZ. I know of the loss in saturation when losing blood, the hourglass, ect.. but haven't experienced any epileptic flashing.

I don't recall any rhythmic flashing in DayZ. I know of the loss in saturation when losing blood' date=' the hourglass, ect.. but haven't experienced any epileptic flashing.

[/quote']

Weird. Try to take some damage from zombies, it shows then - really epileptic flashing, you cannot look at the screen. Saturation loss is another thing, its ok.

I've had a slow blurring and unblurring of the screen when I was hurt that made me want to throw up after about 10 minutes but never a "flashing."

Maybe ask to have this moved to technical section, sounds like a bug/computer side error.

I get this as well. Not sure what the deal is. But I get it on spawn as well. Not sure if it has something to do with the beta patches? I'm on 93121 atm. I thought it had something to do with the infection deal so I didn't really look into much further. /shrug

I had this shit too, I was just walking then the above described happened. Maybe some fail sniper shot me or something I lost blood then epilepsy shit.

I'm also on the newest arma beta, and I don't remember seeing any bluring. The flashing is unbearable. I will sacrifice my survivor and test this today to be sure (maybe it's because of lower postprocess option used?) - I will report back. Maybe I will make some video.

havent gotten this, strange.. seems to happen to a select few.

its a timed thing that happens when you get hit i think. spotted it in the damage scripts somewhere.

Im running latest beta and i saw some graphical tweaks in there. my guess is some kind of incompatability with beta perhaps.

for me its a hdr pulse not a particularly bright flicker. just strips all the colour away and brightens for a moment then repeat.

Since 1.5.8 my screen is always flashing when I spawn. Sometimes I get big flashes like a lightning but it's 100% not because the weather is good.

Here is a video I made. It has poor quality, and I could not make the effect stay, but it often stays so for minutes, constantly and rhythmically flashing, making it unbearable to look at the screen for long time.

http://youtu.be/pPOKgRPeeGg

Here is a video I made. It has poor quality' date=' and I could not make the effect stay, but it often stays so for minutes, constantly and rhythmically flashing, making it unbearable to look at the screen for long time.

http://youtu.be/pPOKgRPeeGg

[/quote']

Are you running the OA beta patch?

Beacuse the "single flash" from when you are hit is indeed a feature, while the continuous flashing could be an incompatibility between the latest OA beta and the "hurt" feature of Dayz (at least that's what I noticed anyway)

1 hit and the screen pulsates between colour and no colour, very enjoying.

I have full health, no infection and no problems yet it happens and is really really irritating. Another feature added for the sake of realism, disregarding the fact as A GAME its not worth it.

I run Dayz with latest Arma 2 beta patch (93160 now). I have Geforce GTX 460 v2 with latest nvidia driver (301.42) running on Win7 x64. I have "very low" postprocesing option in Arma.

Another feature added for the sake of realism

Please tell me, how it is realistic? If you ever get hit in the face you know, that you dont see constant white flashing, but your "screen" darkens for a second, until you regain consciousness. And you certainly don't need to walk for minutes after that seeing constant flashing...

Well I tried to recreate it running 1.60 - without beta patches. I coudln't. Try it out yourselves. Just run the normal arma2oa.exe with your commandline for DayZ.

I just ran one test: Spawned, wasn't happening - usually does. Let a Z attack me for awhile. Didn't happen. Ran around. Let them attack again, got knocked the fuck out. Died. Respawned and it didn't happen again.

I guess just run the non-beta for now until it get's fixed? Unless you can recreate with more attempts without the patch? /shrug

Thanks for testing, it's sad if this would be the only possibility to get around this bug, beta improved the netcode & performance. But I will try.

I got this a lot last night and it was doing my head in.

Some of the guys I was with thought it might be a new pain effect or something but it kept happening when I spawned for a few minutes before fading out and I used all my painkillers checking it.

After some testing I found it would happen on spawning using Arma2OA vanilla, beta patch 93153 and 93160. HDR set to either low or very high, contrast and brightness had no effect.

Server host had no effect. (my post processing is set to low since motion blur annoys the crap outta me)

Strangely it did not happen on wednesday when I was just using Beta 93153.

It didn't occur with any of the regular arma2 single player campaigns.

Bugger knows but it appeared to disappear when I went into global chat as opposed to direct but that could simply have been a co-incidence.

Same problem here. Everytime i spawn my screen " pulse " ( it goes to colorful to non colorful like i lost blood ) for about 5 fucking minutes.

Running last beta patch.

for me its a hdr pulse not a particularly bright flicker. just strips all the colour away and brightens for a moment then repeat.

This. I get this everytime I log on for around 5-10 minuites.