Sign in to follow this  
T8TRG8TR

Why do people have such a hard on for barbed wire?

It's actually really easy to get over that. Getting out can be tricky but in is easy enough.

Yup. Easiest to get in by crouching and just running over it, you slip right over.

Getting out you just vault over the back.

I don't know why that's there in the first place, like is it actually from the original Arma 2 chernarus map?

To hoard for their own benefit - A dick.

To stop other people from getting anything for themselves - A dick.

You do realise that people would do this in a real-life zombie apocalypse scenario, right? (Hell, people do this in real life even without the threat of surviving from zombies and "scarce" resources being an issue.) For most people, hoarding their valued possessions is a natural human reaction. Yes, wire and traps can be annoying sometimes but it's generally pretty easy to find another way in or to get around/over it. I'm not going to call other players a dick for setting this kind of thing up - especially when you consider that there's plenty of other places to obtain loot and even toolboxes to remove such barriers. I play with the idea that it's okay for players to want to protect and hoard their items and I think that's a more authentic response to the games environment and situation - I don't expect every player to play as if they SHOULD share their earnings with every/anyone just because 'it's the decent thing to do'. If anything, I see these wires and traps as just an added challenge to the game and I see that as a good thing. If they can't use it in the way it's currently being used, how do you propose those items be used otherwise?

Strangely enough, I had no problem getting out, it was geting in this time that had me vaulting and shimmying on place like a Cossack dancer.

I think people put it there so the newly spawned people can access the loot. Because they don't have a toolbox.

Exactly! and there's hardly ever any players around. It's like they put it there just to be a dick, then leave.

Answered your own question.

If your a bandit sniper its pretty good for sniping players trying to get over it. Ive yet to have a problem with it though. I regularly find it at NEAF in the doorway to the control tower. I just jump over it and remove it before I leave.

If your a bandit sniper its pretty good for sniping players trying to get over it.

This.

Snipers use it to slow the movement of their targets. Someone vaulting is easy to hit.

I logged off in a church one night, logged back on the next day and the entrance had been blocked with barbed wire... Doh!

I think it goes something like:

"Hay, barbed wire! I don't need that though..... What if I? ... MUHAHAHAHAH!"

Then I spend half hour searching for the little spot to remove the barbed wire and I miss it every time I find it again.

When you see a ton of barbed wire at the Elektro/Cherno church... expect a hacker to teleport everyone on the server inside of the church soon.

I'm sorry but thats spreading misinformation; just because there is barbed wire at a church does not mean a hacker is present. Please L2P before spreading misinformation and thank you

I think it goes something like:

"Hay, barbed wire! I don't need that though..... What if I? ... MUHAHAHAHAH!"

Then I spend half hour searching for the little spot to remove the barbed wire and I miss it every time I find it again.

just look at the middle pole, unutterably simple to remove.

on another note, the amount of crying in this thread is hilarious. looks like barbed wire is doing its job.

Its sometimes impossible to find the spot where to remove that stupid thing... people like to clitch it in to the walls that you cant find the g-spot. Make it better(cant clitch inside walls etc, or that the "g-spot" is all over the thing) or remove it...

Its just for idiots to annoy people, every building is most of the time blocked with those things. There is no "real" use for it.

Its sometimes impossible to find the spot where to remove that stupid thing... people like to clitch it in to the walls that you cant find the g-spot. Make it better(cant clitch inside walls etc, or that the "g-spot" is all over the thing) or remove it...

Its just for idiots to annoy people, every building is most of the time blocked with those things. There is no "real" use for it.

I've never been unable to remove barbed wire.

Sounds more like it is to annoy idiots. To block buildings IS a real use for it.

Edited by Dankine