Sign in to follow this  
stevi23

M14 Aimpoint or DMR

Which one is better overall, Clip size, damage, rate of fire, all that jazz.

Same everything but scope. M14 is the baby DMR. meant for closer or mid range.

Edited by ODoyleRulez

M14 AIM is for close-mid rage, while the DMR is for mid-long range. No other difference, and they are the completely identical without optics.

I equip the M14 AIM and keep the DMR in my pack. The fact that they both use the same ammunition will really matter in the next patch where all ammunition is limited.

Edited by Vitdom

Obviously, I got here late.

M14 and DMR are pretty much the same, the difference being scopes. One is limited at longer ranges, the other is limited at closer ranges. One supports a squad as they move. The other sets up a distant position, moving or not, and scopes ahead of the group for potential threats.

If you are alone, I'd suggest the DMR for sniping, M14 if you want to have a high-powered weapon for medium range. Same damage as they use the same round. People like DMRs, so they are more likely to kill you if they hear it fire (people will come looking for you).

• Like 1

the DMR definitely i have done tests on "shooting range" and when your using the cross-hairs without aiming its just as accurate as the AIM point on the M14 even up to 300m the cross hairs are perform just the same as the aimpoint if not better! Try it yourself i have killed people in CQ situations with the DMR just using the cross-hairs! So basically the DMR is a gun great at close range , medium , long range and ok at very long range! Best gun in my opinion for PVP. But if your sniping beyond 800m the AS50 or M107 would be far more practical, lining up a shot beyond 800m with the DMR is very difficult never mind an headshot...

Both under the category of 'Battle Rifles' their semi-automatic characteristics and clip size allows them to be efficient in killing players and zombies.The M14, in my opinion, is best used in mid-range combat, and maybe even in close quarters in case you get surprised. The DMR and it's optical scope is best used for long distance engagement. For zombies, it is best for the M14 Aimpoint, as a single shot can dispatch a zombie. However, both are loud, even if the M14 is a bit quieter, so I just recommend both for other players. Same clip size, one can be used for close quarters and other can be used for long distance.

The M14-Aimpoint is not entirely realistic to the M14. The M14 is a select-fire weapon capable of fully automatic and semi-automatic, in DayZ it is limited to semi-automatic only. The M14 Aim, uses the conventional wood stock and a 20-round detachable magazine.

The DMR uses a variable zoom scope, has the select fire disabled, and is bedded into a specialized synthetic stock. Generally speaking a M14-DMR is one that has been worked on to achieve an increased level of accuracy from the platform. It is fed by a 20 round detachable magazine.

There is a big difference between a magazine and a clip, so please get your terminology correct. A clip, is used to store ammunition in preperation for being inserted to the magazine. The magazine stores ammunition in preparation for going into the chamber. An example is the m1 Garand, which is the parent rifle of the m14. The ammunition is stored in a 8 round enbloc clip that is then inserted into the magazine of the rifle. The classic Garand ping, is when the empty clip is ejected from the magazine.

M14s, in their iron sight only configuration have a stripper clip guide which allows you to refil your magazine with a stripper clip of 5 rounds. In DayZ, both the M14-Aim and M14DMR cannot be fed by stripper clips due to the optic mount being in the way.

Edit: M24 ammunition in DayZ, is 5 rounds of match grade 7.62x51 NATO on a stripper clip, exactly as would be inserted into the stripper clip guide to fill your M14 magazine.

I would also like to add that DMR magazine, is incorrectly named, as a DMR is any rifle setup as a Designated Marksmen Rifle. A 20" Hbar AR15/M16 with a high quality optic qualifies as a DMR, the M16-ACOG could also qualify as a DMR. Therefore the DMR should be called M14-DMR and the magazines should be M14 magazines, as the M14 is the only rifle compatible with that magazine pattern.

Edited by NavyCuda
  • Like 4

The M14-Aimpoint is not entirely realistic to the M14. The M14 is a select-fire weapon capable of fully automatic and semi-automatic, in DayZ it is limited to semi-automatic only. The M14 Aim, uses the conventional wood stock and a 20-round detachable magazine.

The DMR uses a variable zoom scope, has the select fire disabled, and is bedded into a specialized synthetic stock. Generally speaking a M14-DMR is one that has been worked on to achieve an increased level of accuracy from the platform. It is fed by a 20 round detachable magazine.

There is a big difference between a magazine and a clip, so please get your terminology correct. A clip, is used to store ammunition in preperation for being inserted to the magazine. The magazine stores ammunition in preparation for going into the chamber. An example is the m1 Garand, which is the parent rifle of the m14. The ammunition is stored in a 8 round enbloc clip that is then inserted into the magazine of the rifle. The classic Garand ping, is when the empty clip is ejected from the magazine.

M14s, in their iron sight only configuration have a stripper clip guide which allows you to refil your magazine with a stripper clip of 5 rounds. In DayZ, both the M14-Aim and M14DMR cannot be fed by stripper clips due to the optic mount being in the way.

Edit: M24 ammunition in DayZ, is 5 rounds of match grade 7.62x51 NATO on a stripper clip, exactly as would be inserted into the stripper clip guide to fill your M14 magazine.

I would also like to add that DMR magazine, is incorrectly named, as a DMR is any rifle setup as a Designated Marksmen Rifle. A 20" Hbar AR15/M16 with a high quality optic qualifies as a DMR, the M16-ACOG could also qualify as a DMR. Therefore the DMR should be called M14-DMR and the magazines should be M14 magazines, as the M14 is the only rifle compatible with that magazine pattern.

beans beans beans