survivor_40

My reasons for taking a break from DayZ, potentially leaving.

it feels like an empty parking lot in the bad side of town.

Stop hanging around Zelenogorsk supermarket then. ;)

• Like 1

I didn't realize rampant hacking was an integral part of a sandbox game.

Do you consider item duping to be a form of "making your own content"?

I can't believe how anyone can be so stupid, how can you miss where it says ''Alpha''? Even though it's mentioned in pretty much every QQ thread here you SOMEHOW miss it.

but what makes it a sandbox besides no real rules out side of don't hack? what can I build with all these sand?

the point is you need to get the sandbox working properly before getting too far into additional content

rocket is constantly talking about ideas for additional content, so it's not like these things won't be added eventually

Your in the wrong game go back to WOW for some content. This is a sandbox game YOU make your own content. Thanks plz leave

Maw-Ron...you're a blight on this community....go away

Stop the "IT'S AN ALPHA" bullsh*t.

Complaining and constructive critics LIKE THE ONE OP DID help developement

• Like 1

I think you want a different game.

Hopefully when the standalone comes out...and most or all of the issues the OP listed are addressed...people like this will not like the game anymore and GO AWAY.

OP's thread might not be original but its a well written post and lets the devs know what they want. A positive voice is not a bad thing. You don't have to post here.

As a fairly new player, I too have been killed by hackers. Only a few as far as I know but still, its rather annoying and it makes you want to just go and play another game. Whats the point of trying to survive when cheaters kill you? Its pointless! (Then again I seem to enjoy starting from scratch).

More content is a good thing. Priceless seems either immature or a troll to state that the game doesn't need it. The game has such a large world you could add some very nice features. Even games like WoW, huge in their size, are always getting new content. Players eventually get bored of any game so why not expand? I'd love to hear what idea's the players have.

The OP however has played the game far more then myself and sometimes its good to have a break. From what I read however, it feels like its almost pointless to gain food, water, weapons etc etc as it will only get taken from you from hackers. If thats the case, its very dissapointing and a little heart breaking.

Hopefully when the standalone comes out...and most or all of the issues the OP listed are addressed...people like this will not like the game anymore and GO AWAY.

Of course they will, because the game won't be in alpha anymore, derp.

Your in the wrong game go back to WOW for some content. This is a sandbox game YOU make your own content. Thanks plz leave

this is a retarded comment. There is a big difference between content and having the tools to play in the sandbox. atm there are not enough tools and if you argue this there is a video by rocket saying he agrees there is not enough tools. EVE online is considers a sandbox and that has over 50 things to do. All you would have to do is goggle "things to do in eve online" and look for images. The point is the content or whatever you wanna call it in this game is stale and bland and its not even beta. I have also not seriously played in a while because of hackers.

• Like 1

How does stating the obvious and making a thread about leaving help development at all? I see a shitload of these threads everyday. The reason people keep saying "it's an alpha" should be obvious as well. It's just mod. It's a place for Dean to test code and experiment with ideas. Its just a testing ground.

As I guess people just saying FUCK U SCRUB GO BAK 2 COD.

Can't wait to see this game become a cult following.

I fortold this a month ago.

Suggestion: please build content that requires the cooperation of 10+ people.

God, not that elite/boss crap please. Oh god, please no :P

However, if you are talking about cooperation to build an outpost or something grand, then that would be a nice addition.

I share the sentiments of the OP. The game has fantastic potential, we can all imagine player controlled 'cities', bases and bandit no go areas all with a degree of perpetuity. Sadly I don't see this happening simply because of the the trusted nature of the Arma client. It's a real shame because I, like the OP, relish the thrill of playing a perma death game. However, currently it's impossible to play on a server that isn't visited by script kiddies or folks simply seeking a shortcut to getting 'geared'.

If that wasn't bad enough you then have the ghosting issue, I mean how lame is that? I've seen it happen so many times.. now a real 'fight to the death' is just wishful thinking or something that is almost as rare as winning the lottery, oh the joy of trying to flank somone who simply disconss and ghosts around you...

The game was an uber adrenaline rush - when you heard a gunshot eveyone dived to the ground and panic swept across teamspeak - now everyone disconnects because 9 times out of 10 it's not just someone who has the drop on you but also someone who doesn't even have to aim...

The irony is that the game's popularity will fall off a cliff if it is ever transformed to the perma death state that it was originally. Many of us will be pleased that it will have become the game we so desired and once enjoyed but it won't have 30% of the playerbase it has now.

• Like 1

Sounds like the OP idea of a sandbox is a game like GTA or Skyrim that holds you hand throughout and has NPC tell you what to do and how to do it. Anyway why come tell us why your leaving/taking a break? Are you famous or something?

Sounds like the OP idea of a sandbox is a game like GTA or Skyrim that holds you hand throughout and has NPC tell you what to do and how to do it. Anyway why come tell us why your leaving/taking a break? Are you famous or something?

WTF are you talking about??!!

OP said they want

1. More content

2. Less Hackers.

3. More server admin tools.

4. A reason to cooperate.

5. No item duping

You need get out of these forums and focus on your studies brother.....reading comprehension especially :) Good luck

EDIT: LIMITID...perfect name for you

Edited by playZ
  • Like 1

I agree with you man! So far, the only two things to do are 1) Farm loot 2) Kill others. Boring after a while.

Why do people get upset whenever anyone says anything negative about the game... What the OP is saying are legitimite problems. They have existed for a long time. Nothing has been done about them. Doesn't look like anything will. It might be Alpha but as I understand it, part of a game being in the alpha stage of development is that the game is actually being developed. Not much is being developed.

• Like 1

Why do people get upset whenever anyone says anything negative about the game... What the OP is saying are legitimite problems. They have existed for a long time. Nothing has been done about them. Doesn't look like anything will. It might be Alpha but as I understand it, part of a game being in the alpha stage of development is that the game is actually being developed. Not much is being developed.

I think it's because they're idiot lemmings. Or maybe the reasons are more complex..lol :)

Really? Do you really feel that the content is complete in this game? What's the issue with having more content? I've never seen a forum where people were so hostile to each other over suggesting new stuff. It's people like you that ruin this mod, that object to any sort additions because "It's a sandbox/alpha". Who gives a shit what it is, if you don't like it, don't use it.

If there are additions, great. But the fun shouldn't be about additions because what will you do once there's more stuff to do and you did it already? You're just going to post another thread asking for more stuff and you'll forget about all the hard work that was put into implementing all of the previous stuff.

You have all this stuff: gear, vehicles, etc. Now your task is to figure out how to use it effectively.

If you want to give constructive criticism then don't just say hacking sucks. Everyone knows about the hacking. Everyone thinks it sucks.

Give the developers specific examples of hacking so that they can actually do something about it.

Im going to WarZ. Seems more fun and better. Hopefully getting into the closed beta.

I usually get ticked pretty easily with "I'm leaving" posts, but all of those are solid reasons. Of course there is always "Its alpha" argument.

And about the content, you seem to be the player who likes collecting stuff. Nothing wrong with that, I am a bit of that too. I always like to get the shiny new toy, or the next best gun, most of the time its just grinding, but I find it fun.

However with this type of a game, the experience in itself is the end goal of the game. If you have all the latest toys, challenge yourself in another area. Become a medic. Become a hatchet murderer. Scare people. Kill your character, respawn, drop your backpack, run to Cherno, and see how long you can survive naked. Taunt snipers by running up to them with a zombie train. Become the boogey man on Green Mountain.

The end game here, is what you make of it. Any game will be finite if you are just collecting loot.

However all other gripes are solid and there is not much arguing against them, other than, wait and hope that devs will take care most of them.

Cheers and good luck.