angrybold

battle loggers, hoppers, campers, carstashing

good evening fellas

sooo...since i cannot find any posts that realy contains my toughts ill be rude and post another one with a whole lot of flameqqqqqwtf...etc.

as i understand it, this game is based on arma. The statement in this is, that it i9s supposed to be realistic.

however, u just cant guarantee realism with a hive system

dont get me wrong i dont intend to critisize the hive idea...i really like it, especially the mobility it guarantees.

my concerns are about the side effects...and yes, there have been at least one brazillion posts about it.

server hoppers

now this realy is getting out of hands...want a cool truck? go to the spawn and log till u find it on any server..taddaaaa

want some cool gear? do as listed above...taddaaaaaa

wanna sneak around your enemys or just fix yourself, because you got shot and managed to log in time? serverhopping is the key!

heres the solution: one server change every 4 hours or so, try to abuse that

changing earlier will just result in the player constantly getting kicked from the new server.

battleloggers

my toughts: it is never safe to rest within a zombie apocalpyse...however, its not an option to keep players loaded all the time...that too, would be bullshit.

so ill just make this short: i really like the idea of keeping the player in the game for a certain time(30 secs to 2 mins) after logging, making him vulnurable for zeds and players n shit.

furthermore there should be some kind of announcement when a player decides to log out. in my opinion something like a ingame shoutout("lets get out of here") when logging, possibly in addition a log message within 100 to 300 meters around the player. to avoid abuse there would of course be the need to have a "connected" message within the same range as well.

so this would really guarantee players to check thrice if they are in a safe distance to any kind of danger, making batllelogging virtually impossible(except for escapes from snipers...but w/e...they are snipers, these guys have their advantages as well).

campers

aside from the aws, which is ridicolusly OP and needs to be expelled from the game, the possibility of just sitting in a certain position and camping is (imo) too easy right now...since its is only a game of our present technological resources, it is insanely difficult to spot a sniper that pinned u down on a certain range.

acoustics will only get u so far and with the resolution on which we are playing, finding an enemy with a ghillie suit under a bush is kinda impossible.

and of course that is what it should be like...but lets at least make the sniper work for this advantage.

i was thinking of maybe spawning random zombies within a hundred meter range around the sniper and then maybe slowly moving towards him...

the sniper would in that case need a partner to distract/kill these zombies....maybe even outside of the viewing range of the intended vitims.

im sure this idea might be hated on by you dear fellas, farming fresh starters all day erryday, chillin outside of cherno but hey....grow up ;-)

carstashing

lol lets our own server and then proceed to stash every single car in a huge stash, making it impossible for other players to ever have a vehicle...drive the cars? naaay thats realy lame...it might get damaged

my thoughts where that we should possibly just put a mark for every vehicle on the map, that has not been driven for more then 48 hours visble for players within a 2km radius possibly to keep the search going...plus: every player can only claim one vehicle this way. and voila: u will have acces to vehicles which are just rotting away in the forest. it might, however be neccessary to at least have some parts fall apart when not used for said time...else, getting started would be too easy

additionaly, the 7 days respawn time on destructed vehicles is too much...far too much...noone will ever risk a car like this... how about one day max?

last thought: i realy think cars should not blow up when struck by an as50 or m107...its okay if the engine breaks and u just cant drive on, etc. but blowing up just like that will allways scare people to drive their vehicles. expect for explosives of course...but hey...whoever carries a rocketlauncher with him all the time deserves that fun and whoever manages to get a grenade close enough to a car does as well( possible nerf for m203 needed). in the other cases, the specific components would just be damaged...that way takin over a car from another group would even become more likely.

TL;DR: meh..u better gettodahchoppaah and get outa here

so now that was not intended to be as detailed but hey...hope it really might put you guys up to something and might even have effects in the game...one must allways have dreams.

cheers

Lol, QQ summoar :D

Btw, smartass. An AS50 and M107 are "ANTI-MATERIAL"... IE.... Their SOLE PURPOSE IS TO BLOW VEHICLES UP *facepalm*

Edit #2

Your ideas suck. Please refine them and use the search function before posting more crap.

Edited by Nirvana620
  • Like 5

Btw, smartass. An AS50 and M107 are "ANTI-MATERIAL"... IE.... Their SOLE PURPOSE IS TO BLOW VEHICLES UP *facepalm*

Edit #2

Your ideas suck. Please refine them and use the search function before posting more crap.

They don't blow anything up. Those rifles are designed to critically damage key parts of a vehicle to render it unoperable.

They only blow up in the movies.

Edit #2

you can have my beans!

as of now, since i made my post and expressed my thoughts, i shall not be bound to good behavior, nor shall the op be held responsible for my talk

Edit #2

u go back play cod, kiddo

LOL UBERCOOL EXPLOSIONS WOAAAH MUST BE REALITY

also: specifie "your ideas suck" or else: your face suck lol

As far as battlelogging is concerned there is only so much that can be done. I agree it breaks realism, and is super cheap, but the problem comes in when you consider the fact that it is a networked persistent game with huge penalties for death. The fact that it is networked means that disconnects (due to client or server side issues) will occur, and differentiating between legitimate disconnects and force quits is somewhat difficult. If you keep players logged in after disconnects, the first time they disconnect in a town and come back dead could be the last time they play the game, due to the harsh penalties of death. And if you let people disconnect in battle all it does is make people complain about exploiters, which probably won't lose them many players.

Server hopping is relative, sure you can find a vehicle but then you drive it and explode it and then whatever it's not like you can take it to a home server or anything. And weapon spawns are quite random and logging over and over to find a gun can sometimes take longer than actually finding one, so whatever there too. It's what some people do, there's no real damage in letting it continue.

Camping... it's going to happen, you can't stop it. They put sniper rifles in a huge environment and open up PvP, what do you expect? Spawning zombies on top of players out in the wilderness is just totally random and would actually kill the game for a lot of people, including non-snipers. I actually enjoy the suspense of not knowing if someone is in that other tree line across the clearing.

Car stashing is pretty lame, and there are several ways to prevent that. I honestly don't think that the game would hurt by having a lot more spawns. Only a couple vehicles being spawned does make their rarity a great source of value and accomplishment when you actually find them, but I'm not sure what would be more fun: finally finding that helicopter and securing it for your group, or having 5-6 so clans could get in some serious firefights during "endgame" play.

Final note: Games are meant for fun. They target an audience. Some audiences seek what they consider to be "realism." When a developer targets this type of audience, good design doesn't lead them towards making everything more realistic. Good design always leads towards creating the most fun experience possible for it's target audiences. Realism is only a tool that provides plausibility and immersion, which for many, provide fun. Many gamers tend to forget that games are designed for multitudes of people, not a single individual. Beyond that, many things that players desire are nigh impossible for a developer to actually accomplish with any relative efficiency.

• Like 1

Server hoppers...Jumped on a server that gives you 10fps? Oh well, too bad. Now you gotta wait 4 hours till you can attempt to play on another.

Battle loggers...Oh hey, some buttlord is trying to snipe me for fun so I should just stick around and let him kill me so he can have his laugh. Naaaaaah

Campers...AWS can see ghillie snipers, plus the right people having them will take out those bandit snipers for you.

Carstashing...This one I don't have much to say about actually. But I do prefer to be on foot rather than rolling around in a metal coffin just to save a little bit of time.

• Like 4

Server hoppers...Jumped on a server that gives you 10fps? Oh well, too bad. Now you gotta wait 4 hours till you can attempt to play on another.

Battle loggers...Oh hey, some buttlord is trying to snipe me for fun so I should just stick around and let him kill me so he can have his laugh. Naaaaaah

Campers...AWS can see ghillie snipers, plus the right people having them will take out those bandit snipers for you.

Carstashing...This one I don't have much to say about actually. But I do prefer to be on foot rather than rolling around in a metal coffin just to save a little bit of time.

beansssss

server hoppers...nowadays we hardly experience servers that just fuck u over if u just stick to a decent ping range....of course u would have to be ingame for the change to be recorded...this way u still would have possibility to cancel if loading takes too long etc.

worst case:implement the chance to go back to your old server, not saving actions on the new server if u decide to

battle loggers...if u get caught in the open, i realy think, even tho its gay to do KOS stuff, the sniper should have a chance to get you...run into cover and log...sniper more then 100-300 meters away--->sniper wont even notice u logged/ sniper realy wants you--->sniper needs to expose himself

also: see campers

campers...the right people havin aws...see i hardly see any bold cod kiddies...the problem is: newbies do not own a aws...

in addition, the aws is OP and realy not the answer imo...way too easy when u got it/puts u in a far too good position about someone else who deosnt have it--->definition of unbalanced

I usually go through at least a few servers before managing to get onto a playable one.

I personally don't care about battle loggers since chances are the people whining about it are people hiding in the bushes trying to kill everyone for sport.

The AWS makes you a target for everyone.

What's wrong with camping.

On a 225km^2 map, it seems like appropriate to have sniper rifles.

On a 225km^2 map you're going to get bored sitting in the middle of nowhere.

On a 225km^2 map snipers go to the busy places, because that's where the targets are.

On a 225km^2 you try to hide your camps/vehicles, where it's least likely others will discover it.

I am looking forward to vecihles hidden outside the map get delete if left unattended for 6 hours or hopefully even less.

Edit #2

Stop being an ass just b/c you don't agree with someone. Best ideas? No, but he's still welcome to have them jackass.

Stop being an ass just b/c you don't agree with someone. Best ideas? No, but he's still welcome to have them jackass.

Of course he's allowed to have his opinions, especially if they're wrong. Just like kiddies arguing "2+2x2 = 8" WHICH IS WRONG.

i am glad, that i finally found the instance to judge opinions right or wrong...

you must explain to me where you found the knowledge and wisdom to do so

but after all i guess this package of old and new ideas was not as magnificient as i expected it to be

meh...ima just stop playing for now...games aent supposed to make you

cheers