Growbian

Still possible to place Camps outside the Map?

I was wondering if it's still possible to place Camps / Vehicles outside the Border!? I know it was told that it's not possible anymore, respectively that they would be wiped.

But rocket said in that recent Videointerview with Machinima that he has to look at that Problem!?

So whats the case now?

Why? You wanna hoarde your vehicles off the map?

Ya dude you wanna horde stuff off map? for what?

Got a problem with us ON the map? Huh? The normal map not good enough for you?

• Like 1

Yeah I should have expected that kind of replies ;) No i don't want to build or place something outside, but I want to know if its possible, cause if thats the case I will extend my Camfinding across the Border.

I believe there was something said that if you place a vehicle off-map it will 'expire' in 24 hours, which will place it back in its normal spawn location.

Only wimps horde vehicles off the map...

If you go far West or North, you can see the Border quite clear. The Line where the "normal" Grass and Bushes stop and the flat green begins.

Edited by Growbian

I believe there was something said that if you place a vehicle off-map it will 'expire' in 24 hours, which will place it back in its normal spawn location.

Has anyone actually tested this though?

Cos the amount of contradictory posts and info i've heard from Rocket i'm starting to think hes just saying shit and hoping everyone believes him.

Edited by Never

Yeah I should have expected that kind of replies ;) No i don't want to build or place something outside, but I want to know if its possible, cause if thats the case I will extend my Camfinding across the Border.

Wait, wait... you just said "I don't want to place something outside of the map", then you said "But I want to know if its possible because if it is, I want to place something outside the map".

Well... I think that's hypocrisy and irony all in the same sentence!

sorry im not as helpful as those posting above lol

but i have spent a while searching for camps and found my self out in the no go zones quite a lot and never found a campsite

I found one vehicle on an offgrid search and not many at all on my on grid search. I suspect its still happening.

Of course those doing it aren't going to pipe up here and confirm it are they.

I've found vehicles offmap on the official servers. Now there's some options:

a) The vehicle was there by only few hours (less than 6 according to the devs). But one of them was not operational (missing a wheel) so it should have been there by a while. So the devs lied.

b) This 6 hours things is not working, and some ppl have figured it already, so there still ppl hording vehicles offmap (and this is happening with the chop as well now).

c) The 6 hours "cleanup" is run manually by a dev... but it's not run anymore.

I want to "waste" a vehicle just to try it myself... to show (eventually) how a vehicle can survive for more than 24 hours offmap (with a server restart btw).

Edited by WalkerDown

Be careful if your placing them outside. I was blown up tonight putting one outside the map. It is unlikely to be a hacker because I was like 1k outside in clear area with vision in all directions. I run straight out, place it and then seconds later I blow up. I ran back out after respawn and getting some basic gear and my body and gear was still there, so wasn't too much of a loss, but be careful.

Edited by sostronk

Yes, you can place vehicles off map. You just need to save them every 24 hours. It's an easy thing to do and only requires a minimal amount of time per day if you have a second account to keep near them to save them on a regular basis.

Wait, wait... you just said "I don't want to place something outside of the map", then you said "But I want to know if its possible because if it is, I want to place something outside the map".

Well... I think that's hypocrisy and irony all in the same sentence!

I think you dont get it at all! I never said I want to place something outside the Map, all I said is: "I want to know if its possible, cause if thats the case I will extend my Camfinding across the Border."

For instance to land the Helicopter off the Map and save it etc..

I think you dont get it at all! I never said I want to place something outside the Map, all I said is: "I want to know if its possible, cause if thats the case I will extend my Camfinding across the Border."

For instance to land the Helicopter off the Map and save it etc..

No, you see, you just did it again right there. Just take a look. You say you don't want to place something off the map... then you say you want to place something off the map.

What "don't I get at all!"?

I want to "waste" a vehicle just to try it myself... to show (eventually) how a vehicle can survive for more than 24 hours offmap (with a server restart btw).

Are you rather sure about that? Cause this would mean you could place a Vehicle outside the Map as long as you like, if the Server restart every 4 Hours or something.

No, you see, you just did it again right there. Just take a look. You say you don't want to place something off the map... then you say you want to place something off the map.

Really Dude? Common! I just want to know if its possible to land and save it outside, because I want to "FIND" it. Which implies I dont have a Helicopter! Which means I cant "LAND" it outside, you get it now?

Had an ATV off map for 30 hours now, placed it there because we had our heli stolen and want to make damn sure its not off map.

He's not exactly making himself super clear Anton, but he says he wants to extend his camp-finding outside the border. As in, he wants to know if it's possible for other people to horde them out there, to know whether he should bother looking out there to find horded vehicles and camps.

I've seen many hacked server maps of vehicles (around 30), and can confirm not a single vehicle or tent was ever outside the border.

If you're looking for camps, check

South-West corner, on the mountain West of Kamenka

Forest East of Black Lake

North of Pobeda Dam

North of Petrovka

West of Lopatino

Forest North of Rify (the shipwreck north of Berezino)

And pretty much the North and West borders, NE corner usually has a large camp with vehicles.