Fat Toggaf

Dayz unplayable due to hackers

The tl;dr version goes like this:

- i took my time got nicely fucking geared over a few days.

- running in the middle of nowhere got teleported to a beach with a ton of other people.

- everyone instakilled, no gunfire, grenades, ebola infections etc.

- 3 days gametime wasted.

Congrats to the hackers. Well played on finding a fun(for them) exploit in game.

Dayz programmers need to either fix this wide open script vulnerability or kill this once-awesome mod.

• Like 5

Yes, it is ridiculous... Waiting for The War Z to get out so I can switch over.

• Like 6

i don't see anything new here

150th post, beans for everyone!

Edited by MikeTupper
  • Like 3

Hackers you say? You'd think other people would also be complaining about the same thing if the problem was widespread and caused DayZ to be unplayable. But, I guess not since you're starting a new thread about it.

Hackers you say? You'd think other people would also be complaining about the same thing if the problem was widespread and caused DayZ to be unplayable. But, I guess not since you're starting a new thread about it.

Let me dumb it down a little for smacktards like yourself that did not undrestand the tl;dr version in my OP.

"unplayable due to the game not being worth investing 3days gametime when the risk of a script kiddie instanuking the server is becoming more prevalent"

• Like 1

LOL my post was pure sarcasm. But whatever. I guess when you join the forums to bitch about a script kiddie it's hard to notice the thousands of other similar posts.

Edit: 3 days to gear up? You're doing it wrong.

Edited by bad_mojo

Eh, complaining about people complaining about hackers seems kind of redundant. I suppose now I'm complaining about somebody complaining about somebody complaining? Oops.

As long as there are lots of people playing that new mod, HackZ which runs on top of DayZ on top of ArmaII you're going to have people complaining in the forums. They can't play, they're frustrated, this is the natural outlet for that frustration.

Flip a coin, who'll give up on DayZ first, the cheaters or the players?

• Like 1

I'm starting to think saying "I got killed by a hacker" gains you access to some sort of top secret awesome group. I actually want to see one these days since they have become a thing of ledgend although they seem more myth to me.

• Like 2

Did you report this to the server admin with time and details? Because writing about it here may make you feel better, but it is not going to get the offender any closer to banning...

• Like 1

Did you report this to the server admin with time and details? Because writing about it here may make you feel better, but it is not going to get the offender any closer to banning...

yes.

The tl;dr version goes like this:

- i took my time got nicely fucking geared over a few days.

- running in the middle of nowhere got teleported to a beach with a ton of other people.

- everyone instakilled, no gunfire, grenades, ebola infections etc.

- 3 days gametime wasted.

Congrats to the hackers. Well played on finding a fun(for them) exploit in game.

Dayz programmers need to either fix this wide open script vulnerability or kill this once-awesome mod.

....you know what is funy about your post...anyone could have just killed you and this would be like OMG NOOB STFU ITS THE GAME...but oh god its a hacker...therefore it sucks...ive been dieing from BS ever since this mod started...hackers are just another addition to the BS if you just now realized dieing and starting over is a "waste" of time then that is sad...

It should be quite obvious by now this game is just a giant time sink with nothing to do.

Server admins can't do much of anything about it, is why you see even the server admins posting and deciding to no longer sponsor servers.

• Like 2

....you know what is funy about your post...anyone could have just killed you and this would be like OMG NOOB STFU ITS THE GAME...but oh god its a hacker...therefore it sucks...ive been dieing from BS ever since this mod started...hackers are just another addition to the BS if you just now realized dieing and starting over is a "waste" of time then that is sad...

It should be quite obvious by now this game is just a giant time sink with nothing to do.

. If you are that fucking stupid, that you compare a legit death to one where you die by hackers, you should go back to World of Warcraft...

Eh, complaining about people complaining about hackers seems kind of redundant.

Not at all, the amount of spam this creates on these forums makes it difficult to discuss other topics. Not to mention all this "discussion" achieves nothing of value.

Not at all, the amount of spam this creates on these forums makes it difficult to discuss other topics. Not to mention all this "discussion" achieves nothing of value.

. That is funny... Strolling through your previous posts, all i see is trolling and immature bullshit. Where is the " value " in the shit you spew?

I didn't say I add anything of value to these forums. I said the discussios that happen in duplicate complaint threads like this one, add nothing of value.

The "spam" doesn't make it difficult to discuss anything else. You want to discuss something else, start a thread and get to the discussing. Most of your "discussions" will achieve nothing of value as well. Talk is cheap, particularly on the 'net.

The simple fact of the matter is that the people complaining about cheating would rather be playing DayZ but since they get bitchslapped by hackers every time they try they can't.

The answer isn't to tell them to shut up, it is to stop the hackers. Decrease the hacking and you'll see a commensurate decrease in the "OMG a lame hacker just killed the entire server, FIX IT." threads. Seems like common sense.

Instead you try to act like their opinions don't count, that their concerns are invalid, and that they shouldn't be allowed to voice their concerns because you don't find them as important as wtf-ever it is you want to discuss.

You really expect your approach to make things better? lol.

• Like 2

There is another thread right now discussing the same fucking thing !! <_<

http://dayzmod.com/f...e-time-to-play/

Its SPAM because one person likes to make sure they get their point across, and not discuss it in a logical way on a single fucking thread!! <_<

It just might help development, you know one thread same discussion about an on going problem!!! >:(

Edited by Itchy

Yes, it is ridiculous... Waiting for The War Z to get out so I can switch over.

Have fun with the left over 12 year olds who couldn't handle DayZ.

WarZ will be for the carebears.

• Like 1

The more of these threads the bigger the problem. It's a good indicator. Doesn't mean i agree with all opinions, but it's an indicator. It also keeps you informed for what to look out for. Up to now, i survived all hackattacks, but doubtlessly my luck will run out at some point.

Darkravens thread is good, but prevents somehow to track the immediate threat. High pings are suspicious, so i added "p" as an important key. A new game "hacker name + ping" guessing :)