Sign in to follow this  
ToasterDiagramm

You play to much dayZ when... (REAL stories please!)

Just saw a chopper hovering over the city at lunchtime.

My first thoughts were. Find cover and Are they Friendly.

I'm heading out camping for the weekend tomorrow. I bought a can of beans and have it in my pack, ready to pull out when my buddy gets there (also plays DayZ).

Back in June while I was visiting family in Europe, I had to take a picture of a shelf packed with Heinz beans. Little blue labelled cans all crammed in there, and I still have the picture in my phone for some reason. Weird times.

Went dirt biking through the bush on the weekend with mates like I normally do and I kept looking for tent cities... lol.

I frame houses in a rural area...heard a gunshot in the distance while at work one day, I thought...OMG there is a survivor nearby.

I was walking downtown the other day, and from far away, I thought a bush in someone's yard was a ghillie suit. Didn't help that there was a gun-like shovel sticking out of one side.

Also thought that the top of a water tower probably had a sniper on it. Was also tempted to crawl across the street, crapped myself when I had to run across. Thought everyone in town had heard me.

Edited by omgwtfbbq
  • Like 1

Was out driving a few weeks ago, and I noticed i was looking at the nearby hillsides, wondering if they were steep enough for losing zombies.

I was driving home a few weeks back and there's a little valley right before I get to my house. Some farmer had backed his pickup truck up on one side of it and I saw it for just a split second through the trees as I passed by. I instantly though, "Oh, a hidden vehicle!"

Edited by Bubba Jones

No lie here, wake up a couple of mornings ago to my wife laughing her ass off because I was mumbling "check for snipers above Cherno" then she asked what I was talking about and she said I responded "you know where they hide."

• Like 1

I freaked out then I saw a hopper on the side of the road, then realised it was a guy fixing his bicycle wheel.

Also freak when I saw a crawler in a field, then realised it was something doing push up's.

Have also confused a runner for a walker.

All this was only after playing for a day or two.

To you, my good Sir, I say;

BULLSHIT

Playing BF3 and automatically hit "z" whenever I hear "enemy vehicle spotted" over the comms. Also constantly hitting ALT to look behind me when I'm running in multiple games.

I went to a restaurant once with my friends, when we walked past a large group of people, some actually dressed like the yellow-shirted zombies (tourists, of course) - for some strange reason, I had a short moment of panic "OMG, do I have morphine with me in case of emergency?!"

Well atleast something like this, it's not like I tried to reach after some gun or something, as other people might state they do/did.

Also, when watching larger buildings from a distance, reminds me of Cherno.

I've been playing way too much...

Whenever someone talks to you, you steal items from their backpack.

You have murdered, or at least tried to, every single person you've encountered so far.

Resurrection time

Instead of miles, I think in clicks (Km).

I have a lot more patience's.

Learn to look far away for movement.

Understand maps...

Understand GPS's.

Dream about the game, and forget if it really happened or not.