Sign in to follow this  
ToasterDiagramm

You play to much dayZ when... (REAL stories please!)

You all know those threads. Right down some real reasons why you think that you play to much Dayz. Here are mine as an example:

-Yesterday I was at a party and drank a lot of vodka. I always asked my friends to pass me the "Solnichniy"-Vodka. The infamous vodka is actually called "Stolnichnaya" and isn't named after a town in Chernarus...

-I live in a rural area. It fields out of town often look like the fields of Chernarus. When I drive by some huts, I often find myself asking what interessting loot there could spawn. Or how I could cross the treelines to get there...

These are mine. This game is so influential! Share your REAL reasons too =)

• Like 1

I like eating canned sardines, and everytime I eat them now I just eat them straight out of the box like I'm playing I'm in DayZ lol.

haha, I used to get extremely xcited whenver I saw a barn in the distance.

I live in Oregon, and Chernarus kind of looks like most parts of Oregon believe it or not.

I like eating canned sardines, and everytime I eat them now I just eat them straight out of the box like I'm playing I'm in DayZ lol.

I now buy way too often Heinz Beans. xD

• Like 1

I make zombie noises when I am angry, and my family thinks im having seizures.

• Like 1

The wife and I were driving into town and saw a bicycle leaning against a wall of a house. We both said "Lets steal it".

• Like 3

The wife and I were driving into town and saw a bicycle leaning against a wall of a house. We both said "Lets steal it".

I've never seen a game that makes bikes look so much exciting and tempting ^_^

When all your dreams are about playing dayz and when you wake up you cant remember if you actually lost that ghillie suit or not

i live on a military base, stationed here. a few times driving around at night and I see someone i think in my head...."friendly?"

"

I have startet checking the treeline whenever iam out walking, in fear of a sniper or a bandit, hoping to spot a heli crash whenever I look over a field (which is often since I live on the countryside). And my daybag is always packed with at least one sodacan, some first aid gear, a waterbottle, matches and a knife. (Though it was packed like that before I startet playing. So guess I am just paranoid -_-)

I live in a pretty big city, but where I live I'm pretty much in the woods . I look out onto forest, so when ever I hear people partying in the woods ect I'm like OMG BANDITS!......Or if im driving out to the country and I see barns/shacks ect I wonder what loot could be inside if this was Dayz. I was on my friends horse farm and Came across a bunch of atv's and other gear stashed away under camo netting * my first thought was * SCORE!!! lol. But i know what you mean . You differently loot I MEAN LOOK at things differently that's for sure .......then reality kicks in lol

Edited by :VADER:

You hear a helicopter outside and freak out.

Or you're on top of the Eifel Tower replica and King's Island (Amusement/Thrill Ride park in Mason, Ohio), see power lines cutting through forest and think "Those must lead to Stary"

• Like 1

Me and my friend are always making zombie growls.

Also when I first started playing I'd go for walks late at night and I was noticeably apprehensive of buildings, corners, hiding spots. I kept scanning.

I keep hitting the numpad keys and the numpad enter to look around in other games.

I live on the outskirts of a rather big town and there is loads of cows around and when I woke up the other day, they had broken out of their fold, standing right in front of my window right beside my bed and I immediately thought "8 meat!". I started scanning the tree line near by, for potential dangers, as I suddenly came to my senses and realized that I've been playing to much DayZ.

^ That

When I was playing Mirrors Edge I found it quite irritation that I couldn't look around while pressing "alt".

I freaked out then I saw a hopper on the side of the road, then realised it was a guy fixing his bicycle wheel.

Also freak when I saw a crawler in a field, then realised it was something doing push up's.

Have also confused a runner for a walker.

All this was only after playing for a day or two.

I saw a cow in a field the other day.

My first thought was: "Shit, i dont have any matches!"

Oh geez, it's happening to me.

I use Mumble when I play DayZ and have my push-to-talk button bound to left ctrl.

Last night while playing split-screen Rainbow Six Vegas 2 with my dad, I would feel an instinct to push the ctrl button - which of course doesn't exist on a 360 controller - before talking to him.