Sign in to follow this  
Hamzah

Best Assault Rifle?

This may be a 6 month old thread, but I don't care. The M14 is a battle rifle, and has pretty much no Assault Rifle characteristics. So even if you did like it, you could hardly say it's the best "assault rifle"

And you just had to point that out, didn't you? I do not care if its a battle rifle an assault rifle or a fucking ORANGE for goddsakes. I PUT IT IN THERE because I THINK ITS A GREAT FUCKING WEAPON end of story. If you want to be such a goddamn expert on firearms why don't you bring your ass over to some proper firearms forums? Hey, thats a GREAT IDEA!

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/

http://thefiringline.com/forums/

http://www.survivalistboards.com

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

PICK ONE!

And you just had to point that out, didn't you? I do not care if its a battle rifle an assault rifle or a fucking ORANGE for goddsakes. I PUT IT IN THERE because I THINK ITS A GREAT FUCKING WEAPON end of story. If you want to be such a goddamn expert on firearms why don't you bring your ass over to some proper firearms forums? Hey, thats a GREAT IDEA!

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/

http://thefiringline.com/forums/

http://www.survivalistboards.com

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

PICK ONE!

But the question is "Best Assault Rifle" dipshit. Don't get snarly with me, I've spent the last 3 years browsing /k/, why don't you get your ass onto a real weapons board, instead of a circle jerk about muh survival prepping for ledoomsday and being as right wing as possible.

G36k. Decent scope with a rf and a cco scope for close in. Best all round ar imo.

The distinction between battle rifle and assault rifle is entirely false. It is a term used to describe a tough, older style rifle, such as the G3 or FAL which fire a larger round than the more recent NATO/Russian rifles which fire relatively small, but more accurate and controllable rounds. it has nothing to do with rate of fire, accuracy, but is just part of the military tendancy to favour old stuff over new stuff in order to sound steely as fuck infront of new guys.

The m14 in this game might be semi-auto, but it fires as quick as you can press the mouse button, which is around 300 times a minute, in short bursts. This is less than the RoF of a full auto weapon but the 8000 damage of the 7.62mm NATO rounds, and the instant knock-out makes it a brilliant PvP weapon at all ranges. The FAL might be a full auto weapon of equal power but the ammo is rare as rocking horse shit so i would hesitate to drop for it unless it hat 3-4 mags. the ak and m4/16 weapons are broadly equal, and are not too hard to get the ammo for, and obv, the shotguns are not worth the inventory space, i leave them and just play with the axe.

Edited by DK McWormfood

But the question is "Best Assault Rifle" dipshit. Don't get snarly with me, I've spent the last 3 years browsing /k/, why don't you get your ass onto a real weapons board, instead of a circle jerk about muh survival prepping for ledoomsday and being as right wing as possible.

You know what? I should have worded my comment more clearly. I added the winchester and M14 in because I find they are better than any assault rifle already in the game at certain tasks (winchester being best for killing zombies due to quietness and availability of ammo, M14 is best for PvP due to dammage, fast ROF, accuracy and red dot sight). I will get snarly when I want to get snarly and if I am getting snarly with you there is nothing you can do about it. I am not a huge fan of assault rifles because I find most of my firefights take place at 300 meters or more (odly enough). The best assault rifle is the AKM because you can zero it for longer shooting and the only one I will use if I have a choice. Holo sights are only good for close quarters and in those big fields of chernarus not allot of close quarters.

WTF is /k/ by the way?

I made my original comment a bit clearer.

Edited by PracticalTactical

I like you AussieStig ;) oh and I kinda like you Practical ;) Now would both of you stfu, cause its a shit load better hearing your opinions about the actual relevancy of issue, than how much either of you might jerk one another off.

The MK48 would not be considered an assault "rifle" either, but its my go to secondary. My primary is the M4SD for the obvious.

Edited by Arkael Dren

AK74. Good damage, easy to use sights, ammo is very common. Especially good if you find one with a Kobra sight.

The distinction between battle rifle and assault rifle is entirely false. It is a term used to describe a tough, older style rifle, such as the G3 or FAL which fire a larger round than the more recent NATO/Russian rifles which fire relatively small, but more accurate and controllable rounds. it has nothing to do with rate of fire, accuracy, but is just part of the military tendancy to favour old stuff over new stuff in order to sound steely as fuck infront of new guys.

The m14 in this game might be semi-auto, but it fires as quick as you can press the mouse button, which is around 300 times a minute, in short bursts. This is less than the RoF of a full auto weapon but the 8000 damage of the 7.62mm NATO rounds, and the instant knock-out makes it a brilliant PvP weapon at all ranges. The FAL might be a full auto weapon of equal power but the ammo is rare as rocking horse shit so i would hesitate to drop for it unless it hat 3-4 mags. the ak and m4/16 weapons are broadly equal, and are not too hard to get the ammo for, and obv, the shotguns are not worth the inventory space, i leave them and just play with the axe.

I agree, the word "Battlerifle" is one coined by the US Government if I remember correctly, and is pretty much never used anywhere else. Never the less, an M14 is not an assault rifle, and even though it's a stupid word, it is a battlerifle.

You know what? I should have worded my comment more clearly. I added the winchester and M14 in because I find they are better than any assault rifle already in the game at certain tasks (winchester being best for killing zombies due to quietness and availability of ammo, M14 is best for PvP due to dammage, fast ROF, accuracy and red dot sight). I will get snarly when I want to get snarly and if I am getting snarly with you there is nothing you can do about it. I am not a huge fan of assault rifles because I find most of my firefights take place at 300 meters or more (odly enough). The best assault rifle is the AKM because you can zero it for longer shooting and the only one I will use if I have a choice. Holo sights are only good for close quarters and in those big fields of chernarus not allot of close quarters.

WTF is /k/ by the way?

I made my original comment a bit clearer.

If the question was "What is your favourite PvP weapon", then every day of the week I'll pick the M14 just like you, because I just cannot fault it, but obviously it's not an Assault Rifle. So I'd go with the M4A3 CCO due to it's compact size, accurate fire, and excellent optics.

/k/ - weapons. The 4chan weapons board. Probably one of the only good boards left.

I like you AussieStig ;) oh and I kinda like you Practical ;)

I don't give a damn if you like me or not.

/k/ - weapons. The 4chan weapons board. Probably one of the only good boards left.

Canadiangunnutz is pretty good. I would probably go with them over anything to do with 4chan.

M4A3 is a good all around weapon. Good range, good sights and a flashlight. Also can be silenced (for zombies, not for players) with SD mags. However, if you're looking for power, give the M14/Fn Fal a try, they go 8000 blood a pop.

I agree, the word "Battlerifle" is one coined by the US Government if I remember correctly, and is pretty much never used anywhere else. Never the less, an M14 is not an assault rifle, and even though it's a stupid word, it is a battlerifle.

I was under the impression that it's just a slang term. However in game you can use it however you like. At 300 rpm with 8000 damage it is easily a match for any of the fully auto guns in the game and is my weapon of choice for anything other than stealth or 500m ++ combat.