blaxar

PLEASE. bring the starting gun back for use new players.

IMO starting with no weapon shows that this isn't a run and gun game, ergo it's actually helpful for new players...

• Like 1

No.. guns are VERY easy to find in the cities. You are just too lazy to 'survive'.

This is quite possibly the most idiotic reply I have ever witnessed.

However, Day Z is still in Alpha mode. So for all you know, they might bring it back in the Stand-Alone. You'll just have to wait and see.

I find guns rather easy to acquire. Finding a High Value barn is probably your best bet.

No, its not realistic.

What you have to do when you start is double click shift so you're not running constantly, then either crouch or prone round the small village where you spawn looking for hatchets or firearms.

IF you start in a major city, this will be easy, but if you start in a smaller one, it will take time. You just have to learn how to avoid zombies and other players until you have some decent weaponry.

I found this video pretty helpful

Edited by HerrJon

First 2 days i played i found no gun and died from zombies many times over. Next day my friend invited me to a pass worded mumble server with usually 5+ people. 1 week later rolling a as50 TWS i found from a hackers tent and a m4a1 cco sd having 9 bandit kills and 4 murders. You sound like a little kid who likes to complain instead of Google how to survive on dayz...

use The db map for instance,check barns, fire stations,hangars.pubs,offices,cities. Do not complain when you have done nothing to fix your problem. Rocket removed starting weapons so the coast wouldn't be a death match and at least involve some teamwork.

Goodbye and goodluck and good idea to sell 8 playstation 2 games to get 25 bucks

just increase the makarov and lee enfield spawns like 5-10% higher

So I've read through a lot of responses and frankly, a lot of them are making fun of you and aren't helpful at all. I'll start off with how I started this game.

When I joined DayZ it was early June and we still started with a Makarov pistol and six magazines i believe it was. That was great and all but gave you a sense that guns must be very easy to find since you had one when you started. This was not the case and the same with you, I became frustrated when almost none of the buildings I was finding even had a way in. The first day was rough and I went through many lives. I'm sure you can relate to this somehow.

Now if you want a start, look through a couple of these beginners guides on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.c...1ac.dw4E2LefBsE

Basically they'll run you through your basic mechanics, best spots to look. What to do when you first spawn in, etc. They also may talk about a map of some sorts. You can find it here: http://dayzdb.com/map#3.077.096

Some of the guides may be out-dated so be prepared to improvise if what they say is no longer the case. This game is updated a lot and things get broken, fixed, added, and removed with ever new update.

Also when you spawn in, look in the bottom right of your screen it will say something like:

Chernarus

(location)

Day 0

Your location is listed there. Also you can look for road signs that tell you the names of nearby cities if you miss the brief message. They will be in Russian though so check the online map (again http://dayzdb.com/map#3.077.096 ), it will list the English translation to the city's name above the names of them.

Hope this helped, and don't give up hope! This game takes a LOT of time to get the hang of!

I think it was removed because players would spawn on coast and just kill each other.... Now that it's removed you just die from some sniper camping in a hill. I'm all for bringing it back, at least you could defend yourself against the assholes who shoot you when you're unarmed.

You need to learn to survive. When you start learning spawn and the map getting weapons becomes very easy. Just look up a map like DayZ db. or team facckins map. Just get to cherno/elektro and learn a little about the game first.

ive tried looking for youtube videos for tips and how to get loots. But the only videos i find are just people playing and they already have a ton of weapons and talking to their friends. If you can at least post a video that im not finding that has tips on where i need to go thatd be helpful. again. Ive tried iusing the dayzfb map and can never live long enough to figure out where on the map im currently at without dying.

Ok you seem like a nice guy, but your google foo is weak young man. Day guides

Also Three posts below this one

And Day Z Guides

I like not spawning with a gun. Apparently players used to just DM on the beach with their makarovs, which is lame.

I DO think you should start definitely with a crowbar, or maybe even a hatchet.

I also agree that low-level weapons like the DBL-shotgun, Enfield and Makarov should have higher spawn rates. I made the rounds in Cherno today and was endlessly annoyed to go into building after building without finding an actual weapon. Finally the firehouse had a pump action with... No ammo. :D This stuff is part of the fun of Day Z and may of been a freak incident, but again I think low level spawns should be increased.

Oh yeah, also when you spawn in, it says your location in the bottom right corner, so you can at least get a general area of where you are.

I've died and started over quite a few times now. I have bought Arma 2 after the starting gun was removed, and I must say I don't see anything wrong in starting with no gun and stuff. It's very easy to loot supplies and find guns. You will die, you'll get killed by zombies and other players but that's how it works. You have to survive, how you do it is up to you =]

As AJ would say: Hmmm, nah!

But seriously, it's not hard to find a freaking gun...

I died to a weird glitch, and spawned with no stuff...

20 minutes later I have aquired an M16 plus a DMR...

It's not hard to find freaking guns, you just need to look around.

Sorry but I'm still pretty new to DayZ and half the fun of starting the game is the thrill of survival.

My first spawn of DayZ was on a beach, I had little supplies, no pistol and pretty much assumed I was screwed. But after you get the hang of the controls, it's just a case of doing what you would do in that state. I crawled my way through the town, ducking behind every fence and wall I could find.

After about half an hour of searching I found a Makarov with a clip or two, and I instantly noticed a change in the atmosphere, I wasn't prey anymore, I could take out a zombie and not feel too threatened.

I can understand your problem but this is a mature game, you adapt or you die, just as every other player had too. You'll look back in a week and chuckle as you stand atop a mountain forged with a thousand infected skulls. My point being that spawning with a pistol would remove you from the tense, fearful initial atmosphere that we all went through. This experience makes you a better player.

It's part of the game bro. :)

• Like 1

You don't need a weapon to begin with, you only actually need a gun to deal with other players now, Zeds can be LOS'd without much effort whatsoever. Even the majority of players can be bypassed if you stay out of PVP hotzones and use cover and the terrain to your advantage all the time. No new player needs to spawn with a gun, just use some common sense. Leave the coast, head inland instantly, avoid Elektro/Cherno/Stary/NW&NE Airfield to begin with. Raid every small village/town/deerstand you come across. Within an hour or two maximum you should have at the very least a sidearm plus an enfield/Winchester or CZ with plenty of ammo, food, meidcals, water or soda and a better backpack. Now you can head into the PVP hotzones with enough firepower to protect yourself if you have to. Spawning with a weapon was only necessary when Zeds didn't have any kind of LOS pathing.

Edited by Fortran

I.. I don't like to say that. Really not. But..

some people..

just need..

a real high five!

with a chair.

cmon. Stop QQing and go search a weapon. The time you're wasting in the forum is usefull to get a weapon haha

I have used the dayzdb map. I always spawn on the beach and have no ideo where on the map i am. By the time i might have an idea of where Im at i cant even alt tab long enough to check the map for loot places. because I cannot find a way to avoid them. Ive tried just running. and I end up having about 10 zombies behind me. For me to stop long enough to open a door, get inside, turn around, to try and close a door, Im either getting hit or a zombie was able to get inside and kill me.

When u spawn, read the white letters in the bottom right corner (mostly the second line) that's where u r

dont bring back guns on spawn, first off I never had that when I started playing, secondly its so much more fun starting with nothing.

Im by no means a pro but in 30min of game play and couple close call I have a coyote backpack, ak-74 and a m9 sd, I did start in a great location though, but I still ran a good 2-3km's

I would like it back, but if they don't put it in it wouldn't be terrible. It's almost funer this way. Just sneak your way over to the Balota airstrip, it's the easiest weapon spawn for new players to reach. There's a couple AK's and couple mags in the guard tower. Getting guns is easy so long as you know where they are.

Edited by Prototape

Are you kidding me? I've started playing DayZ barely month ago and I could get around with no weapon no problem. Finding a weapon isn't difficult.

You want to turn the beach into a newbie killing ground because you suck? Kindly f* off. Nobody said apocalypse would be easy.

• Like 1

I can see where you are coming from OP when I started out about 3 weeks ago now. It died a lot of times and finally I found Cherno and inside the church was a Makrov pistol with plenty of ammo. Since then sure I have died a lot but at least now I know witch way to go to get to cherno or elektro I can then get a gun and drink food and go and explore.

• Like 1

I started 2 days ago and died 4 times. After I while I learned how to play and I am currently heading north with a full backpack with food, ammo and medical supplies. I also got myself a scoped hunting rifle and a silenced secondary weapon. I had no problem finding these. So IMO, YES it is hard to start without it but once you try it a couple of times you learn how to play the game and it isn't that hard anymore.

It's al good guys I found his problem. Perhaps I can give you some assistance. Here is a list of games that would probably be better for you than Dayz

World of warcraft aka World of whinecraft

Call of duty modern warfare aka Call of doody modern war kids

Battlefield 3 aka battlefails 3

Counterstrike, aka cunter strike

Anyone else have any suggestions for OP for easy games?

By the gods, can you be MORE of an asshole to another person?