blaxar

PLEASE. bring the starting gun back for use new players.

and you find that FUN? go to a server which has ZERO players and go loot a weapon... hopws that different then starting with a pistol with 1 clip on a high pop server?

no matter how much you guys deny it. this game is VERY HARD for new players... even with a gun.

For new players with this system i can only give 1 tip... server hopping. run to Elektro/Cherno as you spawn, make your way into the store (zombies that chased you will buzz off in there. and loot everything ni the store. then leave the server, and join a new 1. you will be again in the store with new loots. rince and repeat this TILL YOU'VE FOUND A MAP. Chances are you will find one very soon. Life is much easier if you got a map.

Most important thing. As a new player and without Bandit skins, only join servers with ZERO (0) ppl in it so you can loot the store safely. once you feel you got yourself enough ammunition/weapons/bandage/morphine/etc. you can go and live the big world of populated servers. Basically you guys need to follow 1 rule (damn i will get flamed for this), SHOOT ON SIGHT. Don't try to chit-chat with with other players.

People like you are ruining this game, giving such tips to new players, lol.. You're not gonna get flamed for shoot on sight, you are going to get flamed for telling people to go on empty servers to loot and server hopping.. Are you even serious?

On topic, it's easy, just read "A Beginner's Guide" on the wiki, I did that, and use the dayzdb map (if needed) on my first day and got along pretty well.

Edited by xeezy
  • Like 2

not having a gun at the start is pretty fun tbh. maybe starting with a crowbar would be better atleast then you could defend yourself

BRB gonna go name my next spawn "Gordon Freeman".

...I am well versed in the ways of crowbar-fu!

• Like 1

No don't bring back a starting gun, it will just mean that people will start killing each other at the spawns again. Perhaps add a melee weapon but no pistol. New players need to learn, don't just hand them power, make them earn it.

Starting area would be a killzone if all players spawned with pistols.

I agree with quoted poster.

This is the exact thing. Guns are EXTREMELY EASY to find. But this is the point. The game is MEANT to be hard. Noobs WILL have trouble finding guns. I know I did, and this was back when starting guns were still around. Once you learn what is lootable, then you basically can loot higher-tier basic equipment in about 10 minutes. It IS easy, but you just need to learn where to check. After that, you will be able to loot, just from visual confirmation of a building, and if that kind is lootable.

Maybe a melee weapon. Maybe.

My friend and I have discussed this as well.

I think it makes SOME sense that you're able to punch if you have no weapon equipped.

Essentially, you do very little damage, and have less range than even a crowbar. MAYBE implement a way to learn some martial arts later in the game to help out newbies, but a punching option would probably be the solution for newbies crying about no weapons AND it's kind of unlikely you'll kill anyone by punching them, since they could run far, far away from you before you could inflict serious damage.

First off, you did not buy Day Z, you bought Arma II and it's expansion. Second of all, it's incredibly easy to get geared up with basic tools, canteens, an ALICE or Czech Backpack, medical supplies, and a primary and secondary weapon within a few minutes of spawning in or running to Elektro or Cherno. You suck at the game if you can't do this.

Before they removed the starter Makarov the game was like one giant coastal bean war, just a bunch of noobs shooting each other in the face for more starter gear.

Edited by Nick8478
  • Like 1

Well i want to tell all new players not to serverhop, it's a lame tactic and going to empty servers will not solve your zed problem as well, but will remove the intense and wonderful feeling of crossing a player and the action which it provides!

If you cannot gear up by now, then you should have a look at somes guides, tutorials and the loot map http://dayzdb.com/map.

there you can see where the good lootable buildings are and how they look like.

I dunno why peoples are complaining about the game being to hard.

I mean almost evrybody came to it by watching videos, streams, looking in a game magazine(or it's online platform) or a friend telling you about how awesome it is.

In the videos or streams you can obviously see that the game isn't easy, evry game magazine i know said, that the beginning requires to be resistent to frustation until you made it.

and i think that, if a freid told you about the game, he surely told you that's not easy.

And the game is awesome, because it's hardcore!

you have to be alerted and you have to accept when you loose, this is not WoW or any casual MMO this is DayZ

I'm a new player and I don't support a starting gun. I was able to find an axe and a gun in about 15 minutes of starting a new player, and all I really did was run into some big building, first room had an axe, after I found the axe I ran to the nearest barn, and a winchester 1866 was sitting at the top with a bit of ammo. Wasn't to bad, but honestly you aren't going to enjoy the game if you think you absolutely need a gun to survive. The gun is usually more of a hassle than a survival tool, mainly because it attracts more zombies. You really want to be able to find a map, axe, matches, compass, knife, and a water bottle or 2. Then you will be able to survive for a little bit in the north without the need of a weapon, other than the axe.

Another guy with "dj" in his name always cried about the same thing too.

Most of old vets who say "no" are just exaple how bull forgett that he was some day a calf in the past. You remember most of game than you have easy game start with gun, and now you say no to beginers who have harder way to learn. At start should be something to protect, at least crowbar. Or even simple stick to bit some zombie head. Enought to loot at least one house at start, and dont play later in Benny Hill with horde of zombies on back and using map bugs to lose them.

• Like 1

I started playing after they took the pistol away from atarting equipment. This change is not necessary. A pistol wont save you from snipers on the coast and will only facillitate early deathmatching.

I am just now starting in with DayZ. When I found out there was no starting weapon since the last update. I was like wtf. But hey maybe i can find a gun sooner than people could with a starting gun. But nope I was wrong. After 4hrs I died 5 times. My last life was an hr long because anytime i could actually see a zombie i just crawled. But no matter how far I stayed away from zombies and out of the 5 buildings i went into there was no gun. After about 45 mintues I died and had no defense. Removing the gun is the worst thing they did. Im new to the game and pc gaming. I have no friends who are playing Day Z and cant get far enough to meet anyone. I need a gun and i can never find one. I dont know how much longer i can hold out on this game if theres no chance in survival. There must be a gun to start off with so us new people have a chance.

I've also read that the reason why they took it out because of Beach Greafing or something like that. I have no clue what that is but there is an easy solution. When you spawn dont put people on the beach. Put them in a safe area where they have a gun. And then once they leave that safe area they are in the world danger. I wouldn't care if i got sniped. Because if there was an apocolypse yeah, people will kill people because its survival. If they put a limit to the distance someone can snipe then that'd probably help too.

Im to the point that ive waisted my money on not only the game but by trading 8 console games in hope that dayz would be awesome. But now it seams like i wasted my money and games because there is no chance at all in survival without a starting gun. And the is no way to get out far enough in the world to meet people because your having to crawl your way through towns to have a 1% chance in a gun being in any building out of an entire town. while you have an 80% chance in dieing.

So please devs. Bring back a starting gun. that is the only way us new players will have a chance. Especially when we have no friends and dont even have a chance to survive long enough to meet strangers.

I play solo and can usually get a rifle within 20 minutes and raid a supermarket shortly after. Look in fire stations and deer stands if you need a weapon. I've found so many AKM's and such it's not even funny.

look at Sacriel42's channel on youtbue, he's got a tutorial and a good path for lootinf elektra

and to all the a-holes: stop being mean to him. YOU were new once, so cut him some slack.

imagine this:

you go to a friend's house and play minecraft for the first time ever. you don't know anything about it. so when you are stuck at night without a shetler, you ask him "What do i do". he replies "you need a pickaxe".

'how do i get one?" you ask

"get good, or go play World of Wh*recraft" is his reply

how would you feel?

Edited by El Barto 227
  • Like 2

Some stuff is best to learn from game, not wasting 24h for watching youtube movies. When DayZ show up there was nothing such things to help, you had your gun and you was off into world for adventure. Now its like old vets afraid competition and throwing what they can under legs of beginers.

I play from today, even without gun can handle finding some hatchet in dock or rifle in some farm. But still, what is more annoying? Benny Hill with zombies and using "bugs" on maps where zombiest "must walk"? Or just simple give something to protect at start, dont must be gun. Simple melee weak weapon will be fine to.

Edited by Dalegor Dobrutro
  • Like 1

My guess is that most of the people crying about this change are from "generation easy-mode." If you think it is impossible to survive without a gun you are doing it wrong.

Google: DayZDB Map

Look at the loot spawns and find a gun if you need to.

I dont want to support myself with easy mode tutorials or website guides. If someone use this and say later that game is to easy its his fault that he kill his fun from exploring.

what's the point of getting say makarov with 1 or 2 mags? what u gonna feel SAFER? coz im betting noone will ever considering giving u m1911 or revolver at start and makarov is good-for-nothing. and I'm sure it would only make these Bullshit threads change into QQ about how that starting gun sucks and zeds kills you anyway coz u can't aim a fucking headshot and since u got the gun what is the point of sneaking right? well wrong.

• Like 1

QQ is from people who already learn this game like own pocket, or study like to some exam from any source they can and complain that someone reach them without this. So if its not big diffrence so why say no? "Its dont change nothing, but still I say no" - such texts I dont understand. And I dont say that must be gun, at least some weak melee weapon. Always something better than run away from one zombie few miles at start and looking for some place where he "must walk" to shake him off. Its just legal bug using, if there is no other way to get rid of simple one enemy at start.

Why would you want a gun right at the start anyway? Yes it is more convenient than bare handed.

But fire it once and it's like having the entire village after your ass.

I prefer a hatchet first. silent kills. Find a crossbow and pick them off silently. There's no need to rile up an angry mob of undead Russian hooligans.

And I all the time REPEATING that can be even simple weak melee weapon, because there is no bare hands option in game. For situations like on start agro you one or three zombies, and dont waste time in "run Forest run" and look for bugs on map to lost them.

For those saying that only old vets are saying no to a starting gun, I started after it's removal and I'm against them bringing it back. I like the feeling of helplessness when you first start and you're trying your hardest to find stuff to survive. You can usually find a hatchet within 15 minutes and a gun of some kind within 30.

• Like 2

In 15-30 minutes than you can earlier done this in 5 minutes? Only just to lose it shooted by dude who already found something better. Whate waste of time, still you must remember that its "testing version". And sometimes you die not because your own fault, and running away from one zombie is just stupid. In game you cant use bare hands, or simple brick to smash his head. So should be at least weak melee weapon to get rid such solo zombies. Hammer, crowbar or any usefull tool, who need for example 3 hits to kill something. Not must be strong like hatchet.

Just play on low populations servers (best for noobs to learn imo) and try to find Cherno or Elektro, get used to the ins and outs of the game. Search youtube for any help you might need, youtube has it all.