blaxar

PLEASE. bring the starting gun back for use new players.

also ide be willing to show people how to survive and play correctly when i get home, if new players want to learn how to actually survive. (yes i took my troll pants off) ide be willin to off my self and spawn fresh to show people how to survive.

I have used the dayzdb map. I always spawn on the beach and have no ideo where on the map i am. By the time i might have an idea of where Im at i cant even alt tab long enough to check the map for loot places. because I cannot find a way to avoid them. Ive tried just running. and I end up having about 10 zombies behind me. For me to stop long enough to open a door, get inside, turn around, to try and close a door, Im either getting hit or a zombie was able to get inside and kill me.

you will die if they corner you in the one entrace house!

they can walk trough the walls too!

run until you find a building with 2 or more exits, or run on a hill where they will slow down and you can zig zag away

zeds have lots of trouble moving thru houses, find buildings that have an exit and a entrance and then run thru to lose them, even runnin in and then runnin back out. sneaking is for bitches and lets snipers blast you away, run thru towns use buildings to evade and survive with enough practice you will be able to do fine.

I'm a new player too. During my first "life" I found a gun after 2 or 3 hours of gameplay, but in fact - i didn't knew where to look. During my second life it took me less than half an hour to get a hatchet from a barn and lee enfield during the next 30 minutes. Check out http://www.dayzdb.com/ - it points what different buildings spawn.

Also, you need to be more careful with the zeds - every time they noticed me, it was of my fault - I had to hurry because of thirst or I didn't noticed one and crawled right in front of it. Losing zeds isn't difficult too - just ran and look for a building with two entrances. Zeds will walk inside, giving you more time to break the line of sight. If in outdoors, try to zigzag a hill - Zeds always follow you in a direct line, so they will be slower than you.

Good luck with DayZ!

Im new to the game and pc gaming.

It's al good guys I found his problem. Perhaps I can give you some assistance. Here is a list of games that would probably be better for you than Dayz

World of warcraft aka World of whinecraft

Call of duty modern warfare aka Call of doody modern war kids

Battlefield 3 aka battlefails 3

Counterstrike, aka cunter strike

Anyone else have any suggestions for OP for easy games?

Edited by Chaossound
  • Like 1

Ill make this clear. Im not a kid. Im just new to the game. Fine they may never give us a starting weapon. I didn't come here to be insulted, called, lazy, told that i shouldn't be playing this game. What most people do if they are not dicks to new players if offer some advice. Some have and I appreciate it. I plan to keep trying. But for all you people who just want to insult me than your the problem why people cant enjoy a game. Everyone is new to a game at some point. people like me have full time jobs, niece and nephews to take care of because their parents where killed. So we dont have the pleasure in spending 12 hrs a do to play games. But when we od have a chance to play games for a few hrs. Then we go ask for some help. Even though i made have worded it wrong. it doens't invite you people to be complete dicks.

• Like 1

I'm was a noob to dayz about a 1 and 1/2 weeks ago and in the first hour of spawning in elektro I found a winchester rifle and a revolver also from watching many videos I learnt running is easier than sneaking and never stop moving and now I fully decked out with a fn fal ghillie suit and nvgs it's very easy to learn how to be good at this game but it's takes lot's of rage quitting and practise so please before saying the game is hard and you want the starter gun back practise and learn good loot locations.

• Like 1

Let's clear up a few things, no?

out of the 5 buildings i went into there was no gun.

You poor thing! You checked five whole buildings? That's a lot of work for no gun... It's the luck of the draw. Sometimes you go through a city with nothing, sometimes you get a Winchester and a revolver in your first building. Get over it and keep trying.

I have no friends who are playing Day Z and cant get far enough to meet anyone.

Post in the forums looking for a group to join. There are LOADS of steam, skype, vent, and TS3 groups that would be happy to help out a new player. Just because you aren't looking for them, it doesn't mean they aren't there.

]I have no clue what that is but there is an easy solution. When you spawn dont put people on the beach. Put them in a safe area where they have a gun. And then once they leave that safe area they are in the world danger.

NO. You have no idea what the problem was, and you're trying to fix it with a suggestion that flies against the direction of the game? This is a sandbox survival game, not some kiddy-friendly game. There are no safe areas, only safer. If you're looking for a game-enforced safe zone where nobody can shoot you, Get the fuck out of here, this isn't your type of game. (Players sometimes set up "outposts" at certain areas where they kill anyone that doesn't have their guns lowered, they attempt to provide a temporary relief from the stress. It lasts until a good group gets wind of it and comes in and snipes the shit out of everyone.)

]If they put a limit to the distance someone can snipe then that'd probably help too.

NO. Sniper rifles are in the game for a reason. This is a military simulator. I don't even know how you could DO this. This is further proof that you're looking for the wrong game. You can only snipe maybe 800metres with most snipers, 2 can hit reliably at 1.6 or 1.8 KM but they're very rare. Get over your dying. It happens to all of us.

Im to the point that ive waisted my money on not only the game but by trading 8 console games in hope that dayz would be awesome. But now it seams like i wasted my money and games because there is no chance at all in survival without a starting gun. And the is no way to get out far enough in the world to meet people because your having to crawl your way through towns to have a 1% chance in a gun being in any building out of an entire town.

You didn't waste any money on DayZ. You spent money on Arma II. DayZ was free. If you did it in the blind hope that the mod was good, that's your own damn fault. Maybe you should have watched a lot of videos first on youtube. I know several that end in the player getting sniped. One ends in about 20 seconds. It goes "Oh finally, I got a good spawn. Alright youtubers, today you're going to see Day-"SNIPED Reading these forums would have helped you too, because there's lots of people crying about sniping. There's ways around this, though. Know where you are and where snipers like to hide, and put cover between you and them. You will never be SAFE in this game, though. Get used to it and losing your gear.

So please devs. Bring back a starting gun. that is the only way us new players will have a chance. Especially when we have no friends and dont even have a chance to survive long enough to meet strangers.

FUNFACT: If they bring back guns, you might feel safer for a moment, but if you DO survive long enough to see another person after you spawn... do you know what's going to happen? They're going to FUCKING KILL YOU. Just look up loot maps and look on DayZ DB and find out where the weapons are. The best guns don't spawn in cherno. Just do some research first. You could have avoided all of this.

Have fun, and I'll leave you with one final tip:

Don't get attached to your gear. You'll lose it to Players, Zombies, Oceans, Glitches, Hackers, Doors, Boars, and 1,000,000 other ways. Your gear is not yours, you're borrowing it from Chenarus. And sooner or later, Chernarus is going to come knocking to get it's shit back.

Edited by Exo
  • Like 6

Go easy on the OP, he admitted he's new to DayZ and PC gaming in general.

My opinion: scavenging is all part of the fun, and zombies can be avoid easily enough. They only walk when they've entered buildings, so it's not difficult to find a barn or werehouse and give them the slip. In fact, their pathing inside barns seems to be broken, so they typically walk to the top floors while you're crouched on the ground floor.

The one thing you need: www.dayzdb.com/map

With this map, you can locate the high value barns, the large green circles, around the southern shore and locate weapons pretty easily. Fire houses and deer stands are also good places to search, although deer stands can be death traps if you happen to climb one with zombies on your tail hoping to find a weapon at the top.

I remember when i first started the game and thought the same thing you are saying right now, but trust me, once you learn to play the game a bit better, you will realize that the starting gun is not needed what so ever, and actually more then likely, is more helpful too you not having one, because you are not declared a threat to many players when they see you walk into a building, not having a weapon has saved me multiple times because i tell them i am unharmed and that i will leave the area immediately.

A few tips to avoid zombies and losing aggro

1. If you aggro zombies, dont crouch or prone, just sprint out of town into a near by tree line and use bushes and trees and zig zag through them as close to the tree/bush as you can get without running into it, if you do this for a good minute or so, you will more then likely lose any zombies chasing you, however, when you do lose that aggro, stay crouched and don't go onto a road near the zombies, because they will aggro you and you will have to repeat everything you just did.

2. If in a town or city, try to find a building with multiple entrance and exit points, mainly buildings with 2 points of entrance, because zombies cant run inside buildings, and if you sprint in 1 entrance and out the other, you will more then likely lose aggro

3. Try to find a hatchet, they are probably the best starting weapon you can find, and i would prefer it even over a enfield since it doesnt aggro other zombies and is a one shot kill, hatchets are very very common and take no time to find

4. Look up a Day Z DB and look at what buildings are actually looatable, not every building is lootable or even worth looting in the first place

With these and a few other things you learn in the game, you should be able to get a decent start, Steps 1/2/3 helped me a lot when i first started and now i can survive and rebuild rather quickly. Hope this has helped you

• Like 1

I have used the dayzdb map. I always spawn on the beach and have no ideo where on the map i am. By the time i might have an idea of where Im at i cant even alt tab long enough to check the map for loot places. because I cannot find a way to avoid them. Ive tried just running. and I end up having about 10 zombies behind me. For me to stop long enough to open a door, get inside, turn around, to try and close a door, Im either getting hit or a zombie was able to get inside and kill me.

Look for landmarks and the shape of the coastline and compare it with the map. I never had any trouble locating myself. If you don't know how to use a real map - then your survival skills suck.

• Like 1

This is the new player discussion area and your input is obviously not needed as it doesn't help in any way. Although I don't agree that you need to start with a gun, its better to help people figure out how to gear up than to just attack them and call them lazy.

This is a public forum therefore I will reserve my right to post in it whenever I please.

It's al good guys I found his problem. Perhaps I can give you some assistance. Here is a list of games that would probably be better for you than Dayz

World of warcraft aka World of whinecraft

Call of duty modern warfare aka Call of doody modern war kids

Battlefield 3 aka battlefails 3

Counterstrike, aka cunter strike

Anyone else have any suggestions for OP for easy games?

Thatnks for the suggestions. But i want to stick to a game thats new. I hate cod, i got burned out of that game from consoles. Ive also played bf3 on consoles. Counter strike maybe. But right now dayz has my attention.

Note, im not a kid. im 24yrs old. I want to play dayz.

PS. thank you to all those who have given me tips on where i need to go. I appreciate it. I will be trying again tonight once my niece and nephew go to bed tonight.

not having a gun at the start is pretty fun tbh. maybe starting with a crowbar would be better atleast then you could defend yourself

• Like 2

Agreed, the learning curve is steep in this game and if they wanna keep attracting new players, they need to at least give them a pistol at start lol. I know all the mouthbreathing shut-ins would scream 'ITS NOT REAL L2 SURVIVE NOOB' but then again they're not trying to expand this games playerbase either.

I've been playing DayZ for less than a week...

The first day was rough but running to a farm for a hatchet/winchester/enfield fixes all your problems.

aka get good

There are many helpful youtube videos out there which will get you started. When I first started DayZ I made the mistake of crawling as well. Now when I die, I'll find a low pop server and run through Cherno or Elektro. Currently Zeds cannot run inside buildings and are pretty easy to lose inside of them as well. I've found its a lot easier to run from Zeds than to attempt to sneak past them.

To:

and

This is the new player discussion area and your input is obviously not needed as it doesn't help in any way. Although I don't agree that you need to start with a gun, its better to help people figure out how to gear up than to just attack them and call them lazy.

and you find that FUN? go to a server which has ZERO players and go loot a weapon... hopws that different then starting with a pistol with 1 clip on a high pop server?

no matter how much you guys deny it. this game is VERY HARD for new players... even with a gun.

For new players with this system i can only give 1 tip... server hopping. run to Elektro/Cherno as you spawn, make your way into the store (zombies that chased you will buzz off in there. and loot everything ni the store. then leave the server, and join a new 1. you will be again in the store with new loots. rince and repeat this TILL YOU'VE FOUND A MAP. Chances are you will find one very soon. Life is much easier if you got a map.

Most important thing. As a new player and without Bandit skins, only join servers with ZERO (0) ppl in it so you can loot the store safely. once you feel you got yourself enough ammunition/weapons/bandage/morphine/etc. you can go and live the big world of populated servers. Basically you guys need to follow 1 rule (damn i will get flamed for this), SHOOT ON SIGHT. Don't try to chit-chat with with other players.

Edited by MostlyPanda

and you find that FUN? go to a server which has ZERO players and go loot a weapon... hopws that different then starting with a pistol with 1 clip on a high pop server?

no matter how much you guys deny it. this game is VERY HARD for new players... even with a gun.

Yes it was hard but most of us other than the couple thousand before the starting guns were removed had to do it. We died we learned from our mistakes. You can't expect to be given everything on a silver platter and then whine when it gets too hard because you didnt learn from day 1 The people who whine about not having a starting weapon are the same fucking casuals from WoW who complained that raids were too hard so blizzard nerfed them so everyone besides the people who spent weeks wiping on them to learn them could beat them and then go on the forums again to complain that they are too easy and theres nothing to do now.

Edited by Chaossound

I thought of respawn kinda like a "suicide" button. They didn't need to break it, they needed to add a confirmation that you actually want to respawn... I've hit that damn thing 2-3 times accidentally mucking with video options and lost everything...

Have fun, and I'll leave you with one final tip:

Don't get attached to your gear. You'll lose it to Players, Zombies, Oceans, Glitches, Hackers, Doors, Boars, and 1,000,000 other ways. Your gear is not yours, you're borrowing it from Chenarus. And sooner or later, Chernarus is going to come knocking to get it's shit back.

the best thing I've heard in a while bro.
  • Like 1

I thought of respawn kinda like a "suicide" button. They didn't need to break it, they needed to add a confirmation that you actually want to respawn... I've hit that damn thing 2-3 times accidentally mucking with video options and lost everything...

It was removed for very specific reasons.

the best thing I've heard in a while bro.

Thanks for that quote that is goign right in the signature.

I am just now starting in with DayZ. When I found out there was no starting weapon since the last update. I was like wtf. But hey maybe i can find a gun sooner than people could with a starting gun. But nope I was wrong. After 4hrs I died 5 times. My last life was an hr long because anytime i could actually see a zombie i just crawled. But no matter how far I stayed away from zombies and out of the 5 buildings i went into there was no gun. After about 45 mintues I died and had no defense. Removing the gun is the worst thing they did. Im new to the game and pc gaming. I have no friends who are playing Day Z and cant get far enough to meet anyone. I need a gun and i can never find one. I dont know how much longer i can hold out on this game if theres no chance in survival. There must be a gun to start off with so us new people have a chance.

I've also read that the reason why they took it out because of Beach Greafing or something like that. I have no clue what that is but there is an easy solution. When you spawn dont put people on the beach. Put them in a safe area where they have a gun. And then once they leave that safe area they are in the world danger. I wouldn't care if i got sniped. Because if there was an apocolypse yeah, people will kill people because its survival. If they put a limit to the distance someone can snipe then that'd probably help too.

Im to the point that ive waisted my money on not only the game but by trading 8 console games in hope that dayz would be awesome. But now it seams like i wasted my money and games because there is no chance at all in survival without a starting gun. And the is no way to get out far enough in the world to meet people because your having to crawl your way through towns to have a 1% chance in a gun being in any building out of an entire town. while you have an 80% chance in dieing.

So please devs. Bring back a starting gun. that is the only way us new players will have a chance. Especially when we have no friends and dont u spawnteven have a chance to survive long enough to meet strangers.

I haven't read every post here so some of my suggestions may have already been mentioned.

Check out this guys channel, he has quite a few useful guides for new players.

http://www.youtube.com/user/dayzguidez?feature=g-user-u

When you spawn in, pay attention to the lower right hand corner of your screen. It will tell you your location. After you know your location, go to this map to figure out where you are and where the closest loot is.

http://dayzdb.com/map#2.071.079

The barns are great for finding weapons and are relatively safe. Cities like Electro and Cherno are great for finding all kinds of gear but they are VERY dangerous.

When I first spawn, I sprint freely to the nearest city to loot all I can. Good chance I will be shot but what am I really losing at that point?

I just started playing this game a week and a half ago and like you, I was also a noob to PC gaming. But I picked it up fairly quickly and have had a few long lives. Not sure why everyone is bashing you here, this is the NEW player forum.

If you want, you can add me on steam and I will help you figure things out. My steam name is BlksnshN

Now, as for your suggestion to bring back the starting weapon. I don't agree. At most, it would be a Makarov and that would only serve to give new players a false sense of security. You'd feel safe until the first time you wasted 2 mags of ammo trying to down a single zig zagging zombie. It's only really effective indoors where the Z's are slow. And if you get them inside, it's a much better idea to just run out the other exit, losing them instead of announcing your location by firing off the Makarov. Good luck.