blaxar

PLEASE. bring the starting gun back for use new players.

I am just now starting in with DayZ. When I found out there was no starting weapon since the last update. I was like wtf. But hey maybe i can find a gun sooner than people could with a starting gun. But nope I was wrong. After 4hrs I died 5 times. My last life was an hr long because anytime i could actually see a zombie i just crawled. But no matter how far I stayed away from zombies and out of the 5 buildings i went into there was no gun. After about 45 mintues I died and had no defense. Removing the gun is the worst thing they did. Im new to the game and pc gaming. I have no friends who are playing Day Z and cant get far enough to meet anyone. I need a gun and i can never find one. I dont know how much longer i can hold out on this game if theres no chance in survival. There must be a gun to start off with so us new people have a chance.

I've also read that the reason why they took it out because of Beach Greafing or something like that. I have no clue what that is but there is an easy solution. When you spawn dont put people on the beach. Put them in a safe area where they have a gun. And then once they leave that safe area they are in the world danger. I wouldn't care if i got sniped. Because if there was an apocolypse yeah, people will kill people because its survival. If they put a limit to the distance someone can snipe then that'd probably help too.

Im to the point that ive waisted my money on not only the game but by trading 8 console games in hope that dayz would be awesome. But now it seams like i wasted my money and games because there is no chance at all in survival without a starting gun. And the is no way to get out far enough in the world to meet people because your having to crawl your way through towns to have a 1% chance in a gun being in any building out of an entire town. while you have an 80% chance in dieing.

So please devs. Bring back a starting gun. that is the only way us new players will have a chance. Especially when we have no friends and dont even have a chance to survive long enough to meet strangers.

There are many helpful youtube videos out there which will get you started. When I first started DayZ I made the mistake of crawling as well. Now when I die, I'll find a low pop server and run through Cherno or Elektro. Currently Zeds cannot run inside buildings and are pretty easy to lose inside of them as well. I've found its a lot easier to run from Zeds than to attempt to sneak past them.

To:

How about no

and

No.. guns are VERY easy to find in the cities. You are just too lazy to 'survive'.

This is the new player discussion area and your input is obviously not needed as it doesn't help in any way. Although I don't agree that you need to start with a gun, its better to help people figure out how to gear up than to just attack them and call them lazy.

Edited by Maroite
  • Like 11

Why didn't you just run from the zombies? And if you want to find a gun you gotta know where to look, google dayzdb map and find all the military spawns.

• Like 1

im gonna say no. i used to think like this, but popular servers are just too easy to camp.

• Like 1

No, try harder and use tactics i went from nothing. Snuck into cherno found a makarov, few minutes later an ak and m9. It's too easy just check the high value loot locations that are easy to get to avoiding zombies. If someone is hiding there and kills you just respawn and try again different server

• Like 1

No don't bring back a starting gun, it will just mean that people will start killing each other at the spawns again. Perhaps add a melee weapon but no pistol. New players need to learn, don't just hand them power, make them earn it.

• Like 6

Pretty sure the entire point of no gun is that you are in a survival situation where you have nothing other than a flashlight and bandage to start with, there is no point in having guns if everyone has them.. after all it'd be like saying "Oh look there's a super computer.." but then finding out everyone and their mother has one.

Dun like the idea of the starting gun is what i'm saying in the short and long.

• Like 2

There are many helpful youtube videos out there which will get you started. When I first started DayZ I made the mistake of crawling as well. Now when I die, I'll find a low pop server and run through Cherno or Elektro. Currently Zeds cannot run inside buildings and are pretty easy to lose inside of them as well. I've found its a lot easier to run from Zeds than to attempt to sneak past them.

This is the new player discussion area and your input is obviously not needed as it doesn't help in any way. Although I don't agree that you need to start with a gun, its better to help people figure out how to gear up than to just attack them and call them lazy.

Its fun when more people are in Cherno, I like killing them plus they have good l00t

I'm usually fully geared within an hour of restarting. It's very easy once you get the hang of it and you know the map like the back of your hand.

• Like 4

No. Its easy to find guns, you just need to like in the right places.

Edited by Latsi

I have used the dayzdb map. I always spawn on the beach and have no ideo where on the map i am. By the time i might have an idea of where Im at i cant even alt tab long enough to check the map for loot places. because I cannot find a way to avoid them. Ive tried just running. and I end up having about 10 zombies behind me. For me to stop long enough to open a door, get inside, turn around, to try and close a door, Im either getting hit or a zombie was able to get inside and kill me.

Want a clan to join? Click my profile and there is a link to our site :) feel free to check us out. Become part of our survivor community and survive the apocalypse!

Bring back guns would only cause chaos in the south, new players would just shoot and think later, resulting in new players dying more frequently wich gives the a bad first impression and not enough time to figure out what to do.

• Like 1

NOOOOO it's fine the way it is, if you can't handle it, then this isn't what you should be playing.

• Like 3

So please devs. Bring back a starting gun. that is the only way us new players will have a chance. Especially when we have no friends and dont even have a chance to survive long enough to meet strangers.

no no no.

no.

we will be back at where everyone cried about deathmatch on the coast.

we want to make one step forward at a time, not three steps backwards.

• Like 2

do you wanna spawn with a snuggie too? maybe a few satchel charges? how about in the back of a car? wouldent be that nice

or hey YOU COULD SPAWN WITH A helo! that could be fun too! hey dont forget you're silver platter that you want to spawn with you too

fuck casuals go play hello kitty online adventures

THIS IS SPARTA DAYZ not some casual bullshit game

• Like 15

ive tried looking for youtube videos for tips and how to get loots. But the only videos i find are just people playing and they already have a ton of weapons and talking to their friends. If you can at least post a video that im not finding that has tips on where i need to go thatd be helpful. again. Ive tried iusing the dayzfb map and can never live long enough to figure out where on the map im currently at without dying.

you should notice that if even tin cans don't spawn, the server need a restart. it can also have been already looted by other players.

don't stick in big cities, if there are nothing, just go up north and search for barns. then 5 lives it's nothing compared to when you will scout NWA with your group..keep playing, keep surviving!

when i spawn if i dont find a hatchet in the first 5 minutes im doing it wrong.

if i dont find a gun at 10 there is a problem

if im not self sufficent by 30 im afk watching a tv show

GET GOOD STOP BITCHING :o

• Like 2

Removing the gun is the best thing they could do.

It is not coming back so you need to learn to play.

Guns are everywhere. Learn the difference is buildings, you wont find a gun in a industrial building.

I know you think you have all the answers to fix the game but your suggestions are terrible

You didn't pay for DayZ, you paid for Arma kid. No one owes you a damn thing.

Should have done some research into the mod. This game is not meant to be easy or to hold your little hand.

• Like 4