Sign in to follow this  
batcaveslimer

Why destroy tents?

when you come across the amount of gear in them sometimes its for the better to squash them

Rocket something needs to be done about this! pretty much ruins the game! Get rid of the tents!

Any camp I find, where I find traces of duplication, I empty all tents on the ground, save the tents with empty content and then destroy them. Some camps take up to 30 minutes to destroy and it's quite stressful, however destorying a dupe factory is atleast as honorable as camping the barracks/Stary killing server hoppers.

Me and my friends don't dope. We dont need to, with are As-50s and M4A1 (Where both on like day 20). But after someone got the chopper on a server and fixed it by duping before us, might dupe engine parts if we have to. The totally unfair that we spent 2 days legit to get the parts and they dupe it to get it in a day.

I disagree, and i think Rocket would to.

So you think Dayz would be improved by having a tent full AS50s with a sign saying "FREE GUNZ LOL" on the beach?

I'm sure rocket would agree with you, course.

Edited by Never

Is there a permanent way to completely destroy a tent or do I have to wait out the ~7 days? My buddy and I accidentally duped one by moving it to a more hidden location. The original one popped back up after a server restart and keeps doing so despite our efforts to remove it.

I read the title of this thread and was going to post "Why not" and then I read the posts.

I'm worried that by touching the tents I'm only adding to the duping problem.

I've only set up a tent once so I don't really understand how the mechanics work, same with vehicles.

Can't you empty the tent, save it then smash it an when the server restarts it'll be empty from when you saved it?

I read the title of this thread and was going to post "Why not" and then I read the posts.

I'm worried that by touching the tents I'm only adding to the duping problem.

I've only set up a tent once so I don't really understand how the mechanics work, same with vehicles.

Can't you empty the tent, save it then smash it an when the server restarts it'll be empty from when you saved it?

Yes, this is what I do.

This is what I do best.

Rocket something needs to be done about this! pretty much ruins the game! Get rid of the tents!

Then they'll use vehicles instead, which'll add to the vehicle 'hoarding'

Remove items from tent. When tent is empty save tent. That is then dealt with. If you haven't spread the loot far away flatten the tent as well so they can't put the stuff back in if they happen upon it all before a server restart.

I vote remove tents from the game. Anyways, I once saw a tent in an open field, it had 8 dmr mags and some other stuff. Also remove vehicles, or just make them require a ton of maintenance (oil changes tuneups and shit)

Edited by amudkipz

I vote remove tents from the game. Anyways, I once saw a tent in an open field, it had 8 dmr mags and some other stuff. Also remove vehicles, or just make them require a ton of maintenance (oil changes tuneups and shit)

Why?

Because the mind set most the time is one sided, everyone is a potential threat. And not everyone is a potential threat, potential friend, or neutral and will just leave me alone.

So really the problem is that most players don't like other players and enjoy "kicking over their sand castle".

As long as hacker is not stoped... !!!

Duping is a good way to get your gear back faster !

Why not have the tent saved every time a player look in for gear ?

Since the door is fully open... i said go for it !

So now when i die... i loot for basic... then i go to my tent for rare gear !

The game is built like that !

I just play the game.

As long as hacker is not stoped... !!!

Duping is a good way to get your gear back faster !

Why not have the tent saved every time a player look in for gear ?

Since the door is fully open... i said go for it !

So now when i die... i loot for basic... then i go to my tent for rare gear !

The game is built like that !

I just play the game.

Thanks for enforcing the stereotype.

I destroy my tents. Why? Because every time the server restarts, my actual tents, the ones I found, are joined by clone tents. Now look. I love having plenty of space. I fill my tents up with every weapon, magazine, medical supply and piece of meat I can find. And I don't mind if someone else swings by and loots them. The good stuff is hidden pretty well, so you're probably just looting my airfield tent and grabbing a quick resupply, which is fine. But I don't like cheating, and the fact that at a this point, I would have over 12 tents for my own personal use just takes the fun out of the game. There's no sense of fear. If I died, I'd just run back to a tent and immediately have a fresh kit. I got shot at today and it didn't bother me, not just because it was sloppy(How do you miss a guy crawling down a ladder twice?), but because even if I hadn't been able to run into the woods and make myself scarce, I'd have only lost an M104 and an M9.

If you take out the items inside the tents and then save them, will those items be forever gone?

Yes.

Thanks for enforcing the stereotype.

Unfortunatly it's the only way to play in the hacker world of DayZ.

You can play hours... without hacker.

But you can loose hours of play against a MFAH hacker in no time !!!

So... i play the game!!!

I use to be very angry when hacker kill me or take my gear !!!

But now that i understand the way the game working...

Now it's not so bad... i get my gear back way more faster.

Edited by Tabarnator

A good mod destroyed by an exploitive community.

Yep they will claim anything as fair game till it gets removed... just like putting tents and vehicles out of map

It seems curious to me why people bother destroying tents. It seems tactically 'neutral' or even a disadvantages act.

I don't dupe and i find enemy camps excellent places to re-stock.

A person is more likely to move camp if you destroy it. And they leave it in place if you just steal bit or even a vehicle.

In fact, extrapolating on this theory, we should all set up and maintain tents with supplies at all major loot spawning locations on every server. These tents should be used by all, possible use for fortifications as well.

For KOS players, bandits and survivor tactics are served by the resupply, joining up and the ambush/trap benefits.

But duping seems to be a problem for some players.

edit; grammar

yep, people destroying tents are either trols or they allready have a camp and want a disadvantage of other players

i always wonder why there are so many tent cities, when hiding a single tent and making a few tents well hidden is so much easier and safer