Sign in to follow this  
T8TRG8TR

I've yet to be seriously affected by a hacker, and I play a lot

I've been playing this game for about 3 hours a day over the last week and a half and have yet to run into a serious case of hacking. One time I spawned in and found about 30 tents blocking off a building which was obviously hacking. Another time I killed a guy who had a hacked gun. The only other time I've seen a hacker was when my friend picked up an AS50 with an IR site (I think it was IR).

I've yet to be killed by one. So I guess my question is, where are they all? I see so many threads about them and I know they're a problem, but I never run into them. Do they mostly go in crowded servers? I play in US servers with between 10-30 people.

I am in the same case man, I've never ever encountered a hacker, I just feel the danger over the forums. I was about to say that the hackers are on US and RU but if you say you're in US, I don't really know. Perhaps yeah they go on crowded server as they don't feel insecure because they have hacks.

I do feel insecure in crowded servers because I don't.

Edited by The_XXI

I've been playing this game for about 3 hours a day over the last week and a half and have yet to run into a serious case of hacking. One time I spawned in and found about 30 tents blocking off a building which was obviously hacking. Another time I killed a guy who had a hacked gun. The only other time I've seen a hacker was when my friend picked up an AS50 with an IR site (I think it was IR).

I've yet to be killed by one. So I guess my question is, where are they all? I see so many threads about them and I know they're a problem, but I never run into them. Do they mostly go in crowded servers? I play in US servers with between 10-30 people.

plays in a server by himself.

• Like 1

Let me elaborate for you guys.

trust me its going on everywhere, alot of them are discrete about it.

Only if the hacker is being an absolute cretin, like teleporting you, or killing you directly is the only time its going to effect you.

And that is the only time you will notice it.

YOU wont for example see him spawn a weapon crate. See him give himself all the gear. See his vehicle radar or players, see him run directly from vehicle to vehicle or camp to camp.

Your not going to notice that, its not like on a Counter-Strike server where it is obvious he is using a wallhack or speed hack.

If you ran a server you would be saying completely the opposite to your post.

Edited by Okano
  • Like 3

I've run into so many hackers that I'm starting to doubt people who say this.

No offense, but everyone I know in game has run across numerous hackers. I've run into multiple CLANS of hackers just in the past week.

plays in a server by himself.

Nope I play with 3 friends + me. We usually join servers with 10-20 people though. We like to hang out around Cherno and Elektro and it becomes impossible to even find buildings to go in (because of barbed wire) on really crowded servers. Plus the rampant PvP makes survival difficult.

Yea I play alot, and haven't seen one, my friend was once involved in a mass teleporting, but I wasn't on at the time.. I play alot of night servers, don't know if that effects it, hackers afraid of the dark maybe?

I've run into so many hackers that I'm starting to doubt people who say this.

No offense, but everyone I know in game has run across numerous hackers. I've run into multiple CLANS of hackers just in the past week.

Well I'm sure they're in the servers with me, but I've never been teleported or nuked. I've been attacked by guys with hacked guns, but I usually return fire and kill them. I believe people are having serious issues with hackers that's why I'm posting about it. I don't know if I'm lucky or if people should just avoid servers with more than 30 people until hacking slows down.

Most of the times, you won't know when you are affected by a hacker. The server nukers, teleporters and thunderdomers are a minority. The majority of hackers who gain personal advantages such as ESP or godmode are a lot harder to detect. Most of the time people will simply write those off as random acts of banditry.

Nope I play with 3 friends + me. We usually join servers with 10-20 people though. We like to hang out around Cherno and Elektro and it becomes impossible to even find buildings to go in (because of barbed wire) on really crowded servers. Plus the rampant PvP makes survival difficult.

wait you actually dont play by yourself?

I was yet to be affected until last night when I was fully geared (losing it all doesn't really bother me) and teleported into some place with car horns sounding and some guys telling all of us to run for the ammo crates, get weapons and fight each other to the death, haha!

Quite amusing in some part. Bastards!!

I've been killed at least three times by a hacker, each time 5 minutes before a restart, it's like the bastard doesn't even want us to be able to re-loot our stuff.

Playing a lot with 15 - 50 people on most servers. (EU)

Haven't been killed by hackers once. Barely see evidence of hacking. Only a hacked weapon one time and some hacked helis at the time where they were taken off the game.

People are just overreacting and whining.

Playing a lot with 15 - 50 people on most servers. (EU)

Haven't been killed by hackers once. Barely see evidence of hacking. Only a hacked weapon one time and some hacked helis at the time where they were taken off the game.

People are just overreacting and whining.

I'm beginning to think that less crowded servers have significantly less problems with hacking. If anyone is having issues with hackers try joining a low pop server!

I've been playing DayZ for about 2 weeks. last week i was teleported, and just yesterday, my server was nuked. I usually play on servers with less than 20 players. with all that, I still enjoy playing this mod and cannot wait for the standalone game to come out.

This is a perma-world/archive/whatever game, the cheating/hacking affair is a "serious" issue, since ONE time (ie: with a nuke) is enough to disrupt all your game progress. I don't care much tbh .. but i can imagine that this will be the major customer complaints on release: today we have the "alpha excuse" .. but tomorrow it will be different.

On release it will be much less of an issue tbh.

That aside, I recently posted a topic of me playing for an hour and a half (not a long time I understand) playing in high pop servers waiting for the "obvious hacking" that people say happens everytime they play.

People act like they can't play for 30 minutes without getting thunderdome'd or nuked or a magical force kills them.

Most of my VODs are gone, but I've never run into an obvious hacking situation.

Now I'm not saying hacking isn't a problem, because it obviously is. What I'm saying is that you can log in and play without running into a hacker.

I've been playing for about 14 days now. I have played across 4-5 servers in that space of time and I've encountered at least 1 script/hack incident every 48 hours, which usually results in the death of my character directly (mass-server kill command) or indirectly (all players teleported together, people panic and start shooting)

I stick to very low pop servers with a sweet spot around 10 people. Mainly this is because I'm a survivor and generally in a sweep of the airfields and stary I'm pretty sure to encounter somebody to keep things interesting. Since I started doing this I have seen zero hacking.

I think the hackers mentality is the more people the more chances to fuck with people. Seems to hold up after two weeks on low pop servers.

So you are saying playing without people = playing without hackers.? You guys just blew my mind!

Seriously though. If any of you guys need help, I would be glad to take you under my wing and show you the hacking problem. Shouldn't take more that 10-20 minutes depending on loading time.