watter (DayZ)

Flying heli + server restart = ????

So, having just completed my first heli, I was flying it around for no more than 10 minutes before I got a 'Session Lost' popup. The server restarted, while I was mid-air with it.

My first thought was it would be near me (as with other vehicals when this happens) but, alas after searching for 10 minutes in about a 1 km square, no heli. Next idea was to go to where I had landed it and saved it after finishing construction, but alas, it was not there either.

So the question remains: Did it get destroied? (falling from mid-air). Did the server eat it and will appear at saved location after next reset?

Thanks~ :D

Any player kicked in mid-flight WILL appear on the ground directly below from where they were kicked, however if the pilot is kicked while flying, the helicopter will be destroyed and de-spawned by the game. Anyone inside the helicopter when the pilot is kicked will be instantly killed. The players are then forced to wait a week before the helicopter respawns again.
- DayZ wiki.

Not sure about server restarts, though.

It will be back in the location it was saved last, this happened to me as well.

Already checked, but wasn't there. Assume its the nice little dissapearing vehical bug with server restarts. i'll come back tomorow and cross my fingers that it magically came back at the saved location.

Thanks~

check on the ground where you were flying when the server restarted.

the vehicle is usually saved to it's last known location automatically when server resetarts - at least for all the ground vehicles.