Sign in to follow this  
Fatalpoint

This gun?

I was in Stary heading to the supermarket when I found a dead body on the ground behind the supermarket. The guy was in a ghillie suit with a G36C-SD, I was like "Sweet, this is better than my current gun." so I picked it up. I went onto the DayZ wiki to check its stats but I couldn't find it anywhere so I did some reseach on it and it appears to be a hacked gun. So since I have a hacked gun should I drop it so I won't get in any trouble?

Since you didn't kill the hacker it isn't rightfully your trophy so I would drop it. You won't get in trouble for it as long as you didn't spawn it.

Drop it for the sake of being safe I'd say. You're not necessarily at fault, but not having anything to do with the item completely segregates you from any risks with confusion and whatnot.

-MONSTER

Ugh great, now the M4A2 that I placed in my backpack after picking this one up disappeared on me. >.< Now I'm weaponless.....

Edited by Fatalpoint

Found a camo silenced one on a kid (Don't know if he was a hacker) as well as an AS50 TSW.

I killed him. I'll use them.

Besides, I only have 5 clips for the G36.

Once I'm out, it's just a trophy.

Found a camo silenced one on a kid (Don't know if he was a hacker) as well as an AS50 TSW.

I killed him. I'll use them.

Besides, I only have 5 clips for the G36.

Once I'm out, it's just a trophy.

The guy only had 3 clips when I picked it up.

Well, if you try and play with a hacked weapon on my server you wont be there long.

Apart from the fact that most admins are going to assume it was hacked in by the person carrying it, it gives you an unfair advantage over players who dont use hacked gear.

People using hacked weapons they "found" are no better than the hackers themselves and clearly have no care for the enjoyment of others, only themselves.

• Like 1

The fact that the gun I placed in my backpack to grab this guy disappeared makes me mad since I'm weaponless near Stary with no other gun to use except for this one.

The fact that the gun I placed in my backpack to grab this guy disappeared makes me mad since I'm weaponless near Stary with no other gun to use except for this one.

It's a known bug mate, just gotta watch out for it. Those backpacks will eat your guns if you let them! Don't worry, what I would do is hit up a barn, grab whatever is in there whether it's a starter gun, x-bow, or even a hatchet, then use it till you can find a deer stand to get some better weaponry.

Keeping them isnt a good idea. Yes, you didnt hack it in, but what happens when your killed and someone loots it from you ? Then YOUR the hacker in their eyes. Get reported and get banned. Not good.

Well, if you try and play with a hacked weapon on my server you wont be there long.

Apart from the fact that most admins are going to assume it was hacked in by the person carrying it, it gives you an unfair advantage over players who dont use hacked gear.

People using hacked weapons they "found" are no better than the hackers themselves and clearly have no care for the enjoyment of others, only themselves.

I'll still play on your server, and if you somehow stop me (If I ever care to join) I'll join one of the other servers. Not that big of a deal.

And it's a gun, regardless of what kind of gun it is, if it shoots, it'll kill. Stop qqing that I have a different gun than you and calling it just as bad.

A jet or auto-firing rocket launcher is different. But a assault rifle just the same as the M1A4 CC SD isn't going to give me the abilities to pwn you. That's just my skill.

The AS50-TWS is different. It was in the game before, so I'll go ahead and keep using it. Call it OP and continue to get pwned by it. Or play safer.

Might as well run to the NWAF and wing it for a gun.

I know how these guns came to hand!

About a week ago I was playing a server with 60+ people when all of a sudden we were all tped to devils castle and a massive free for all broke out. I disconnected knowing something was wrong and I came bk 10 minutes later to find everyone was dead and I had a broken leg also when I checked my gear I had a G363-SD (Camo) and when I checked everyone else's gear they had the same gun and 6 mags for it and I had lost everything same as lot's of other people.

This may of happened on different server's aswell and they have been passed around, also you guys don't have to worry about mine as when I was crawling through a forest I was raped by zombies and now me and that gun are in a forest somewhere and I don't want it back

That's wrong in my opinion. Not everyone knows which weapons are hacked and not. Let's say a new player finds a body with a hacked weapon, are you going to ban him even though he just started playing and thought he found an awesome weapon?

• Like 1

Bit presumptuous there. Pretty certain not everyone checks the wiki immediately to check out the stats on their new gun; so there's no guarantee that a player who finds a hacked in weapon has any idea it's not legit.

... heh, ninja'd

Edited by Warped_Jack
  • Like 1

I wouldnt risk it and I wouldn't want to be seen carrying a hacked weapon.

I dont ban anyone without a warning or 2 first and i've only ever banned 1 person for 24 hours.

I realise not everyone know the hacked weapons so if they get told and lose it then its not a problem, most people lose them without a fuss.

I dont ban anyone without a warning or 2 first and i've only ever banned 1 person for 24 hours.

I realise not everyone know the hacked weapons so if they get told and lose it then its not a problem, most people lose them without a fuss.

Ah, then I'm on your side :)