flyinhigh

3D performance error

Whenever I ran DayZ I never got this error but yesterday I started the mod up and this error appeared:

'No entry 'C:\Users\user\Documents\Arma 2\Arma2OA.cfg.3D_Performance'.

The game runs up fine but the graphics look very crappy and I can barely see the text or really anything on the mod. I've searched the forums but I can not find a solution, please help.

Open the file with notepad and add the following lines to the bottom:

3D_Performance=100000;

adapter=-1;

• Like 4

Did it save correctly and with a .cfg file extension?

• Like 1

I went to 'Start' and looked up 'arma2' on my search bar and saw that adapter=-1 and 3D_Performance=100000 on the arma2 file on notepad, I saved it afterward and re-checked just in case.

Edited by flyinhigh

Probably found the wrong file, use the directory tree it says in the message, if there are multiple .cfg files in the Arma2 folder, maybe try adding it each.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1

ugh I misread your post I thought you meant change the 3D_Performance=100000; and adapter=-1; to which ever file has it, I didn't 'add' them into the ARMA2OA file. I just did that now and it's not showing the error but the graphics are not changing back to normal, probably because the arma2 file with '3d_performance' isn't supposed to have a value of 100000? It originally had a value over 4000000 but it had specific numbers before. Is this the problem?

EDIT:The 3d_performance value in the ARMA2 file that I put to '100000' also had a minus (-) in it if this helps.

Edited by flyinhigh

I'm not sure, you could try deleting the file and I believe ArmA will replace it with a new one, probably a good idea to make a backup copy first though.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1

3D_Performance=100000;

adapter=-1;

Works like a charm! <3 THANX!

3D_Performance=100000;

adapter=-1;

Worked np, thanks!

Sorry I miss understood, I have it fixed now. Thanks for the help!

Edited by BornALIVE

This is the exact same problem i had... This helped alot so simply for the younger users open the config file with notepad and type this code at the bottom and save. THANKS SOOO MUCH SmashT