Simonius5000

US 863 shutting server down

Me and my friend executed 3 people in a UAZ near castle rog, then they fucking shut the server down immediately. Complete idiots.

• Like 1

Me and my friend executed 3 people in a UAZ near castle rog, then they fucking shut the server down immediately. Complete idiots.

Its what theyll do to keep their precious vehicle.

You should know that killing server admins is against the rules.

But seriously, this kind of thing should be dealt with in a serious manor.

• Like 1

We were walking in the vicinity of Castle Rog when a UAV approached they said something which we could not hear and we responded with don;t get out and drive on. When they did not we shot and killed 3 of them immediately. 15 seconds later the server shut-downs and we get the message "session timeout" or something to that extent. I saw I had 3 murders before the server died and when I logged back in to US 836 I had 0. NO reason for them to stay if they were friendly and no reason for them to be butt-hurt they got killed other than they should have avoided Team Sniper-sN1p3RW0LF.

sN1p3 Ya sN1p3R W0lf 0ut.

And how are we supposed to know who is a server admin? That is a ridiculous "rule" in a FFA PvP setting...

And how are we supposed to know who is a server admin? That is a ridiculous "rule" in a FFA PvP setting...

lol! :lol:

He was just joking, there is no official rule that prohibits to kill the admin. ;)

Yeaahh, that first line was completely a joke, sorry for any confusion. Admins need to get their shit together.

Well I am one of the admins in of US 863, and you know what pisses me off the most about your post? We have an email (dayz@dazoe.net) and a mumble server for you to contact the admins about crap like this. Secondly, we never shut down the server for crap like this. We ALWAYS give a 10 - 15 minute warning about server restarts (unless the server crashes, which does happen). But since you obviously never noticed the global message that pops up EVERY 10 MINUTES on our server that tells you how to contact the admins, then you probably never noticed a restart warning.

Another problem with your whining post is that you didn't include any names of the players that were in the vehicle, you didn't tell me what time this happened, and you included no screenshots, no proof of your claim, nothing. Just whining.

There are times script kiddies get on our server and do crazy things, sometimes this causes our server to crash. There are times we will do an emergency shutdown (when script kiddies are teleporting people and killing them), but that will always be announced first before the shutdown. Simple put, neither myself, or the other two admins of 863 would ever shutdown the server because someone shot us out of a vehicle. All of the admins and some of our friends all died trying to fix a helo and take off in it, we didn't shut down the server because of it. We play fair, we keep our server fair.

Its what theyll do to keep their precious vehicle.

Shut your mouth, you obviously haven't played on our server or joined our mumble server we host for our players. We go out of our way to reach out to the DayZ community to provide a great server to play on. And we have lost several vehicles over time, restarting or shutting down the server is never something we do.

Yes, it should be dealt with in a serious manor. Admins that do abuse their server should be shut down. And there are admins out there that abuse the server. But we're not the bad guys. The jackass that started this topic didn't even provide the names of the players they killed.

We were walking in the vicinity of Castle Rog when a UAV approached they said something which we could not hear and we responded with don;t get out and drive on. When they did not we shot and killed 3 of them immediately. 15 seconds later the server shut-downs and we get the message "session timeout" or something to that extent. I saw I had 3 murders before the server died and when I logged back in to US 836 I had 0. NO reason for them to stay if they were friendly and no reason for them to be butt-hurt they got killed other than they should have avoided Team Sniper-sN1p3RW0LF.

sN1p3 Ya sN1p3R W0lf 0ut.

You saw three murders? Awesome. Who were they? (Admins are myself (melted349), red-404, and dazoe) I was gone all weekend for USAR Drill, and I'm gonna bet none of these murders was either of the other two admins.

At least we got back in the server and torched their vehicle filled with various weapons, faglords.

It so funny, how apparently us admins shutdown the server to save our vehicle, yet we let you back in to torch our vehicle. Oh right, because this isn't a case of admin abuse. Just a case of a whining child that didn't pay attention to warnings about a server restart which just happened to be shortly after you shot some people.

Someone else mentioned something about know who the server admins are. Well at least on our server, every time an admin joins there is a global message announcing it. There is always a global message announcing our mumble server and our dayz email (dayz@dazoe.net) that you can contact the admins directly. You want to accuse me or my fellow admins of abuse? Back up your claim with reasonable evidence. I'd like to think we run one of the few decent servers out there, but players get butt hurt over the slightest restart and throw out claims of abuse when they are the ones that don't read the global messages, don't attempt to contact the admins directly themselves. You are the ones that should be dealt with. And if I wasn't a decent admin, I'd track you down in my server logs and ban you. But that would be admin abuse, and we don't abuse our admin rights on our server.

• Like 3

This sounds like HACKING!

How so? I'm still trying to figure out the timeline so I can find out from the other admins if the server crashed or if it was restarted for maintenance. But I have no other reports of script kiddies.

This is obviously hacking, not server abuse. Admins hacked the matrix and made the game explode. Put this in the right freaking forum = /

The worst part of hacking the matrix, the spike that gets stuck in you head. Talk about a headache. OP: A time of when this happened would be great. There was a hacker on a few days ago i don't remember exactly when but he was teleporting around in a UAZ telling people to get in. When there is a hacker on the server depending on what s/he is doing we will do an "Emergency restart" to try and limit any damage done to other players. Also this seems to help deter them from coming back. When we do any other restarts there is always at least 10 usually 15 minutes warning time via global messages.

i'm a server regular and also play with the admins. i've seen them die plenty of times with vehicles, and you know what happens next? We hunt the bastards down and take them back.

sniperwolf, by the way you've presented yourself on these forums i wouldn't believe you if you claimed to be older than 12. you posted in the wrong forum as well, and you have absolutely no credibility. secondly, the UAZ was not destroyed, a group recovered it at that exact location and it is under our control now. the admins didn't even know it was at Rog until it was pointed out over mumble.

Please don't try to tarnish the reputation of one of the best servers i've ever played on just because you were oblivious to the restart timer AND the automated messages about how to contact the admins.

• Like 1

Found a huge camp in northeastern woods, north of Berezino. Me and my accomplice waited for half an hour at the camp, having satchel charged all the vehicles. Luckily, there were various tents filled with 50 satchel charges, 50 g36s, etc etc. Finally, a huey arrives and lands, we blow the cars, kill one of the "camp owners" and steal the huey. Less than two minutes later I get session lost.

Play fair, dudes.

Edited by SUNKISTTUNA

US 836 is having server shutdowns whenever their vehicles are lost?

WTF is up with this game?

Hacking, cheating, abuse... it's all at a level beyond comprehension at this point. DayZ developers... get your act together.

Found a huge camp in northeastern woods, north of Berezino. Me and my accomplice waited for half an hour at the camp, having satchel charged all the vehicles. Luckily, there were various tents filled with 50 satchel charges, 50 g36s, etc etc. Finally, a huey arrives and lands, we blow the cars, kill one of the "camp owners" and steal the huey. Less than two minutes later I get session lost.

Play fair, dudes.

Well as one of the "camp owners" and only 1 of 3 admins that can take down the server, I'm call BS. Proof or it didn't happen. While I appreciate you're a shit head for blowing up vehicles, I was long asleep by this time. Dazoe, fried his video card recently, so he can't even play the game (2/3 admins). Red_404 is the only other admin that would have been awake, and he's not a huge fan of this game, so I doubt he was playing, and I really doubt he was with the guys in the huey.

Also, you only show how dumb you are from your statement...

The good news is they forgot to save the Huey, so its back on Skalisty where it belongs.

Anytime the server is restarted, the huey returns to Skalisty island. It's been that way since it was brought back. I'm sure all of our vehicles are destroyed though, as they don't respawn back after being blown up. So getting to my next point since all anyone can ever do is yell out admin abuse these days, is why would we have restarted the server? We wouldn't have gained any benefit from doing so. Other than popping tents back up that you would have knocked over. And again, that requires an admin to restart.

The guys flying around the huey last night are guys that join our mumble. Something I recommend you try sometime. The other thing, every 10 minutes there's a global message that says something along the lines of questions? comments? concerns? - contact us at dayz@dazoe.net. I see several emails from other players complaining two players teleporting around, being killed, and coming back a minute or so later and killing them. Yet I don't see a single email from you. So, from what I can tell. Something crazy happens, and instead of contacting the admins of the server, you get on here and cry admin abuse?

Like always, I will look into this incident and I will find out what happened on the server around the time you made your post on this forum crying. We don't abuse our server, if the server goes down it's for 1 of 3 reasons, normal restart which will be warned in chat first, emergency reboot due to someone scripting (short warning in chat), or crash. Yes, this game does crash. Especially if someone sets off a bunch of satchels at once. I've crashed my own server setting off 15 satchels at once. Add in the number of vehicles you were destroying at the same time. That's one theory at least. Anyway, I'll talk to the other two admins and the guys on mumble (that you shot in the huey) and find out what happened and I'll post back here.

Mission accepted, gonna wipe dat server

Go ahead, we welcome you. It's just more players on our server. We enjoy having players on our sever, which is why we don't admin abuse our server.

US 836 is having server shutdowns whenever their vehicles are lost?

WTF is up with this game?

Hacking, cheating, abuse... it's all at a level beyond comprehension at this point. DayZ developers... get your act together.

And your post just seems like it was wrote by a 10 year old. For every 1 person that complains about our server, I can find 5 more that praise it. Maybe I just need to have them start flooding the forums that you crying infants. And "DayZ developers.... get your act together"? Really? Most flaws of this game come from ARMA II, and DayZ has already officially announced it will become a stand alone. So stop bitching about the flaws of this ALPHA MOD. As server admins, we bust our ass off trying to keep the server clean of script kiddies and keep the game fun to play as much as possible. It's not easy, and we get a lot of other players that think every time something happens to the server it MUST be admin abuse.

All in all, you're not the first player to find our camp, you won't be the last. It's part of the game, and we loose vehicles every day. I don't care if we loose the vehicles, and I know the other two admins don't care cuz they hardly play.

Just to preface, I had a shitload of fun on this server and I don't mean any personal attack or anything. I took screenshots of the camp before we blew it, but I forgot to take them mid-firefight. So my apologies I don't have any solid proof. As far as reporting it here, I honestly thought this was the proper way to communicate what I thought was a sudden, intentional server restart. Ill keep the email in mind for next time I have an issue, since I DO like playing here.

For what its worth, my accomplice was the guy on the beach you people MURDERED and then you, Mr. Melted349, told to get in mumble. I think it was around 1140EST last night.

I don't know what logs show or how they work, but I can give you a run-down of what happened if it possibly helps pinpoint the time.

4 satchel charges around the Bus, Ural, UAZ, Motorcycle, and Offroad, with one more in a small clearing north of them (where I assumed the chopper would land if/when it returned). The chopper comes back and lands about 240 yards from the camp (not near my charge at all), and three guys get out. One of them drives the UAZ out of the woods into the plains, then drives it back. When I see it back near the vehicles (my heart is pounding at this point so im not doing so good spotting), I blew the charges. Killing no one, sadly. At this point, I make a break for the now-empty chopper as my friend (Scuba Steve) runs through the camp. He manages to kill one dude with his DMR. Meanwhile, I take off in the chopper, and haul ass going southwest. Then I got session lost after about 3500meters of travel.

And your post just seems like it was wrote by a 10 year old. For every 1 person that complains about our server, I can find 5 more that praise it. Maybe I just need to have them start flooding the forums that you crying infants. And "DayZ developers.... get your act together"? Really? Most flaws of this game come from ARMA II, and DayZ has already officially announced it will become a stand alone. So stop bitching about the flaws of this ALPHA MOD. As server admins, we bust our ass off trying to keep the server clean of script kiddies and keep the game fun to play as much as possible. It's not easy, and we get a lot of other players that think every time something happens to the server it MUST be admin abuse.

Take a damn chill pill. I am a FAR BETTER writer than you ever will be and I'm not close to being 10 years old. My post asked a question ABOUT YOUR SERVER it was NOT an opinion about your server. I DID offer my opinion on the state of this game and the amount of hacking afflicting it though. If you, or anyone else, thinks this level of hacking is acceptable you've got another thing coming. Furthermore, DayZ's standalone will be using portions of the ARmA II engine so don't assume it will be free of hacking. If they cannot quell hacking now there's no way they're going to quell it come standalone time.

*** Edit ***

Lastly, lashing out with indiscriminate personal attacks (after being accused) wreaks of guilt. Maybe it is YOU who should be looking in the mirror and not the rest of us.

Edited by Wosret

Just to preface, I had a shitload of fun on this server and I don't mean any personal attack or anything. I took screenshots of the camp before we blew it, but I forgot to take them mid-firefight. So my apologies I don't have any solid proof. As far as reporting it here, I honestly thought this was the proper way to communicate what I thought was a sudden, intentional server restart. Ill keep the email in mind for next time I have an issue, since I DO like playing here.

For what its worth, my accomplice was the guy on the beach you people MURDERED and then you, Mr. Melted349, told to get in mumble. I think it was around 1140EST last night.

I don't know what logs show or how they work, but I can give you a run-down of what happened if it possibly helps pinpoint the time.

4 satchel charges around the Bus, Ural, UAZ, Motorcycle, and Offroad, with one more in a small clearing north of them (where I assumed the chopper would land if/when it returned). The chopper comes back and lands about 240 yards from the camp (not near my charge at all), and three guys get out. One of them drives the UAZ out of the woods into the plains, then drives it back. When I see it back near the vehicles (my heart is pounding at this point so im not doing so good spotting), I blew the charges. Killing no one, sadly. At this point, I make a break for the now-empty chopper as my friend (Scuba Steve) runs through the camp. He manages to kill one dude with his DMR. Meanwhile, I take off in the chopper, and haul ass going southwest. Then I got session lost after about 3500meters of travel.

I will give my apologies to you. Still investigating the entire situation, but it seems that one of the players on our mumble server was crying hacks and claimed that entire cities were being blown up. This particular player complains about everything, and I personally never listen to anything he says. However, I guess he convinced red_404 the server was under attack so he went ahead and restarted the server. Pending further investigation, basically me talking to red_404 directly to get his side of things, the particular player that cried hacks is going to get a 3 day ban from our server, and red_404 is going to be temporarily suspended admin rights for not verifying logs and for not giving an emergency restart warning to the server prior to shutdown.

On top of that, I'd like to find a way to make it up to you and your buddies for the mishap. Perhaps we can repair the chopper up for you and drop it off somewhere for you to pickup? Or we can drop some gear in a tent for you somewhere neutral? Or if you're interested in joining our mumble server we could share loot vehicles. You already know where our campsite is anyways lol.

And I'm assuming you're talking about a player named Marc. It's actually kind of funny, I didn't know he was playing with other people on the server. I just seen a new spawn player running down the road with zombies chasing him. So I leveled the huey above the road and tried to get him to get in. When he ran around the chopper, I got out and shot him. It was an ass thing to do but he wouldn't get in the chopper lol. That's when I sent the global saying join our mumble.

Glad you've enjoyed playing on our server, and I hope you continue to.

Take a damn chill pill. I am a FAR BETTER writer than you ever will be and I'm not close to being 10 years old. My post asked a question ABOUT YOUR SERVER it was NOT an opinion about your server. I DID offer my opinion on the state of this game and the amount of hacking afflicting it though. If you, or anyone else, thinks this level of hacking is acceptable you've got another thing coming. Furthermore, DayZ's standalone will be using portions of the ARmA II engine so don't assume it will be free of hacking. If they cannot quell hacking now there's no way they're going to quell it come standalone time.

*** Edit ***

Lastly, lashing out with indiscriminate personal attacks (after being accused) wreaks of guilt. Maybe it is YOU who should be looking in the mirror and not the rest of us.

You were just merely another target of my rant. I hate more than anything to see an acquisition of admin abuse on my server without proof or without the OP contacting us first. The admins of this server, myself especially, bust our asses off trying to keep this server as playable as possible. The anti-cheat system is terrible, which basically means the admins are the anti-cheat system. We use DayZ Anti-Hax which helps a lot, but doesn't catch things like teleporting and some other events. Last night before I logged off and went to bed we had two script kiddies on, Bill and Damdor. Multiple players on our server ran into them, shot them, killed them. A few moments later they teleported back and killed the player. We found them in the logs, verified the activities, and banned them. That also required us to do a shutdown for a brief minute or two to keep them from killing anyone else while we investigated the logs.

I'll admit my rant that was directed at you was immature but hopefully you understand that your reply just added fuel to my fire.

At some point I hope anyone reading this thread takes time to look at our official thread. We do a lot to keep a solid server running, including paying for a SSD drive on our server to increase the performance. The game (ARMA II) is not all that stable of a game, and to host a server to run this mod requires a lot of work and maintenance. We get $0 donations from anyone else to help us fund and run our server. So when you are spending your own money, time, and dealing with the frustration of script kiddies all the time, it's easy to get set off by a claim of admin abuse.

Fair enough Melted. Your pseudo-apology is accepted. ;) I wholly understand your frustration when folks levy accusations against people without having the wherewithal to first contact the accused and hear it from the proverbial "horse's mouth".