Mr. Pink

Killing two birds with one solution (scripting and snipers)

Stupidest thing I've ever heard.

What about the people under 18 who don't script?

Also, a large number of 18+ people snipe.

Now that I think about it, you're a fucking moron.

If there were only a forum where all these Wile E. Coyote super genius ideas could be heard in their dazzling splendor.

This is stupid. Arma 2 is a game that is ALREADY only sold to people 18 years or older. Your idea is stupid.

• Like 1

The suggestions impact would be close to nothing I imagine. People who get mad in video games always like to paint those that they don't like as "kids", as if being a kid is a bad thing. Most players are probably over 18 so that means most hackers and people who use sniper rifles are adults.

One alternative suggestion that might appease both crowds:

Simply make servers that are for kids, and servers that are for adults.

Another positive from this is that I wont run into male teens who have that "just hit puberty" voice. It sounds like acne, and it makes me cringe.

If there were only a forum where all these Wile E. Coyote super genius ideas could be heard in their dazzling splendor.

This thread is in alpha. Once it becomes stable, I'll re-create it and put it on the Suggestions forum.

Best of luck with the OCD.

My friend was told he sounded 30 when he was 13 and I was told I sounded 27 when i was 14 (both over a mic). I fail to understand what the "just hit puberty voice" is considering people either sound like a young child or an adult.

ITT: A stupid suggestion for and even stupider consequence.

Thats stupid as well. Who the hell is gonna purposely play on the kiddie server?

18 and under. i suppose you could raise it to 21 and under

18 and under. i suppose you could raise it to 21 and under

I... I... I'm out... I don't want to read anymore...

• Like 1

I am geussing you got those statistics out of your arse?

Good idea though but isn't the game an 18?

87% of statistics are made up

Suggesting "Lets get rid of the kiddos" is about as feasible as "Lets get rid of the hackers", except with a prejudice tone.

The game is already Pegi: 16+ and ESRB M (17+).

Changing these numbers to 18 won't have any noticeable effect on hacking.

Bad idea, I play with a group of mature non-hackers. and we are all below 18 >.>

You were trolling when you wrote this post right?

Easiest way to fix the sniper problem is to remove scoped rifles from the game .....

Simple :P

Do I really have to bold this for you people?

ADD much?

This is not a technical discussion, i.e. I don't want to hear "oh it's not possible, blah blah blah". This is a discussion on the suggestion's impact.

It's something that we can't ignore. Take a step back and realize that your idea is horribly stupid, flawed, and not worth it.

This thread is in alpha. Once it becomes stable, I'll re-create it and put it on the Suggestions forum.

Best of luck with the OCD.

It won't become stable because it is a retarded suggestion, regardless of what phase of testing it is currently undergoing professor.

Best of Luck with the glass-licking.

Ok, I don't have a big problem with sniping, as it ads a certain element of fear/danger to the game. However, it's a bit too prevalent, so I think this suggestion should help weed some of that out.

Scripting/scripters/script kiddies are the real issue here, and is the primary purpose of this suggestion.

It's simple, really: restrict the mod to 18+.

This is not a technical discussion, i.e. I don't want to hear "oh it's not possible, blah blah blah". This is a discussion on the suggestion's impact.

I suggest that if we got rid of all the kiddos in this game, we would cut scripting down by at least 70%, and sniping would go down about 40%.

Yeah man, making the game 18+ would totally get rid of all the scripters, just give up while your ahead

I've always wondered where people got these statistics that children are the ones who hack/grief/exploit etc. It's a phenomenon that I run into on any online game I've played. It seems that the people who believe in these imaginary statistics just assume that everyone who does poorly is a kid, usually because of the stereotype associated with them; ie, playing CoD and Battlefield all day and screeching over the mic. And it's simply not true. It seems to be a case of, when you lie to yourself enough, you eventually start to believe it.

-Sincerely, a 15 year old kid.

Edited by Flying Mathias

Who said anything about getting rid of them all? I said it would reduce the amount of scripting greatly. Please read the entire post before responding, it will make you look less foolish in the future.

Who said anything about getting rid of them all? I said it would reduce the amount of scripting greatly. Please read the entire post before responding, it will make you look less foolish in the future.

ITT: Handfuls of people not sure whether OP is insanely retarded or is trolling to the max.

It would reduce the amount of hacking by less than half. You may as well make the game playable only by those who are 18 and under, same effect. You wouldn't want it though, because that would be biased against you.

This is by far the stupidest suggestion.

It's like ageism or something.

And you know how -ism work with problems only make them worse