madmaxx@madmaxx.info

Whoever completely barricades buildings

... should get shot. I just lost an alice pack, DMR + 2 mags M16 + 10 mags, all the tools binocs etc because somebody barricaded all the entrances to a fire station. Why? At least, please leave one entrance open so that people can actually get in.

yeah but why? who ever made it cant get in?

thats just plain stupid

you can jump over fences with V

There are much bigger problems then this... this is nothing man. I can understand making a post about it because you were killed somehow because of it. But it is no use.

There has been a lot of this recently I have noticed, I think it's griefing to be honest. Why block the entrances to buildings that holds random loot, why stop others getting in? these people don't live on the server, if we can't get in they can't either, unless they are spawning inside from another server, in fact the more I think about it that's probably the reason they do it. They know each time they spawn in there will be no other players inside, that way they are safe to loot and leave. Pathetic the lengths players will go to secure stuff, kind of defeats the purpose of the project hopping from server to server.

If the wire removal function was fixed up a bit, none of this would be a problem.

Ya, it's a server looting technic by lazy people. I watched a group of bandit do it. Barricaded the barracks at the mw airfield so no one could get in. They would disconnect and then 15 mins later reconnect. Just sat there when they reconnected, I shot the four of them dead. They whined something fierce. ;)

It's cheating and they deserved it.

Ya' date=' it's a server looting technic by lazy people. I watched a group of bandit do it. Barricaded the barracks at the mw airfield so no one could get in. They would disconnect and then 15 mins later reconnect. Just sat there when they reconnected, I shot the four of them dead. They whined something fierce. ;)

It's cheating and they deserved it.

[/quote']

Nice! That's what I like to see. I hate people that try and do this kind of shit. You are a hero for shooting them all.

... should get shot. I just lost an alice pack' date=' DMR + 2 mags M16 + 10 mags, all the tools binocs etc because somebody barricaded all the entrances to a fire station. Why? At least, please leave one entrance open so that people can actually get in.

[/quote']

It's normally unscrupulous "bandits" who abuse the server scrolling to effectively create "fortresses" in towns. They completely block in buildings, then server scroll to a server that hasn't been walled in, walk out themselves, then scroll back to the original server.

Massive exploit of the mechanics of the game - when I find them, I make it a point to camp in the building until they spawn in and then murder them for emphasis

If you dont have tools to cut it, press V to hop it

if your V key is non existant on your keyboard, change server

if you dont understand how to change server, understand its an alpha.

I dont do what these people do personally, but i'd hate to see the interactive enviroment go because lemmings cant be intelligent.

Be very, very careful about vaulting over wire blocking doorways, I have been killed doing this and I lost half my blood and broke my legs doing it yesterday.

I dont do what these people do personally' date=' but i'd hate to see the interactive enviroment go because lemmings cant be intelligent.

[/quote']

BRAVO!!!

Excellent response!

I hate all these ideas to tie peoples hands because you don't like what they are doing.

ADAPT! That is what this mod is about, adapting to situations!

ADAPT! That is what this mod is about' date=' adapting to situations!

[/quote']

There's only so much "adapting" can do when due to the Alpha nature of the game, hopping over razorwire often leaves you crippled and bleeding to death on the cold uncaring floor.

Then again, you're probably a server scroller. I'll keep an eye out for your name when camping your little nest.

Hopping over them never works for me, and it shouldnt, its good that there are blockades that can block players out. I was just pissed and needed to vent a little. And maybe people that are doing stuff like this without thinking realize that 'hey, maybe I should leave the back entrance open'.

//EDIT//

btw, I had a toolbox and removed some of the wire, then the server restarts, didnt know it comes back again.

Actually a great tactic since other players will prey upon you. There is nothing that states you need to share. It al keeps Dead Zed out of your house.

I curious to see how the entrancing kit works.

I curious to see how the entrancing kit works.

It's called "the female voice" in the gaming world.

Anyway, walling off a building is pointless except for keeping zeds out; all anybody has to do is switch servers to get inside.

It sucks that people exploit this (if server hopping)

but if holing up in a town,I see no issue with it. its creative use of game mechanics.

I would hate to see changes made that would hurt the creativity based on the minority exploiting it. sandboxes are just that.

furthermore.. you didnt DIE because of them. you DIED because when you couldnt get in. YOU didnt think fast enough to move elsewhere. or escape. its nobodies fault but your own.

why?, i would barricade the shit out of the first best building in RL if there were zombies, this is about surviving, not running and gunning, tough to much people still think that

why?' date=' i would barricade the shit out of the first best building in RL if there were zombies, this is about surviving, not running and gunning, tough to much people still think that

[/quote']

This!

I can understand why people are frustrated by this but when you think about it, it's very clever to do. I would certainly try to find a safe place and block it so nothing can get in xD After finding enough supplies to stay alive, that is.

It's just a shame that some people exploit this by server hopping.

You still can climb barricaded ladder, you know. You just need to find the sweet spot.

When I went to a hospital to pick up some supplies before going north, front door was double bar wired, so I walked around and found the hospital's ladder which was single bar wired. At first, I was pissed, but then I found the climb action at a specific spot. So, I climbed ladder without getting hurt and found one medical box, which I took everything inside, on the roof.