"Lost" Alice

Is Mountain Dew bad luck?

Perhaps the birth of another Day Z Urban Legend.

I wrote a story about a Church Massacre in Cherno that can be found [here]

In part 1, I was extremely excited because I found Mountain Dew in one of the Cherno Bars, but then about 25 minutes later I was killed in a Church Shoot out where EVERYBODY DIED (body count was 6 when I was killed, subsequently there was probably more).

Then Bzreliqua made a really interesting comment on the story

"Mountain Dew, Bad luck IMO. I always die when I find them."

I was absolutely entranced by this theory, and so I asked around... I've had about 3 other friends find a can, and they were all killed within an hour (2/3 by some unavoidable tragedy). Probably just coencidence, but it's certainly something fun to think about! :D

Anyway, I was thinking about typing up another short story or two about Mountain Dew, and for inspiration I'd love to hear any other survivor experiences of what happened to you, after you or a friend found Mountain Dew, Even if it's been DAYS and you still have it, or you drank it right away, or if nothing happened at all. Let me hear them! (But obviously am most excited for bad luck stories).

Thank you for reading!

and I look forward to hearing your stories! :-)

-Alice

PS: If I use your story in anyway, I will absolutely credit you :)

Edited by "Lost" Alice
  • Like 4

I drink my mountain dew right away when I find them. I haven't had any bad luck doing that!

• Like 1

I enjoyed my first MtDew, while I was drying my cat in the mirco. To this day I'm reminded of that poor little thing, everytime I eat popcorn. :(

I drink my mountain dew right away when I find them. I haven't had any bad luck doing that!

From what I've gathered, if you drink it RIGHT AWAY, you can usually avoid the bad luck :)

All theory though, no facts.

I enjoyed my first MtDew, while I was drying my cat in the mirco. To this day I'm reminded of that poor little thing, everytime I eat popcorn.

I would have never drank mountain dew againnnnnnnn

Or at least gotten a new Microwave

Edited by "Lost" Alice

From what I've heard of stories whilst sitting around the Teamspeak campfire, nothing good can come of Mt. Dew, especially if it's pulled off a corpse of another player.

I'll see if I can get the guys to retell some of the horrific tales.

Edited by Baelethal
  • Like 2

From what I've heard of stories whilst sitting around the Teamspeak campfire, nothing good can come of Mt. Dew, especially if it's pulled off a corpse of another player.

I'll see if I can get the guys to retell some of the horrific tales.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I bet this makes it double bad luck >.>

Slightly of subject, Your trip to Stary Sobor was hilarious!

I've done that myself.

I have never found a Mountain Dew.

• Like 1

Me and a friend fond a mountain dew, but i told him not to drink it due to its bad luck reputation. A few hours later we were killed when three bandits. Then they took our stuff including the mountain dew and drank it. We then came back at them and killed them taking their stuff. It brag nothing but bad luck for all of us. So I agree with the theory.

• Like 1

i have a mtd dew in my pack. i keep it there for good luck. since then, ive found and mp5sd6, m4a1 cco and a gps all in the same day. ive also found 2 heli crashes right next to eachother in the same day (although there was nothing good at the sites). DEW = good luck

• Like 1

Holy shit green text! This post has got to be special.

Honesty, the only reason I do it is because I like how the green text matches my avatar picture ^.^

i have a mtd dew in my pack. i keep it there for good luck. since then, ive found and mp5sd6, m4a1 cco and a gps all in the same day. ive also found 2 heli crashes right next to eachother in the same day (although there was nothing good at the sites). DEW = good luck

OOOH Interesting! The one case of Dew being Good Luck! :-D

Do you still have it until this day?

Edited by "Lost" Alice
  • Like 1

I have found only one mountain dew in game so far. And I believe they're cursed. As soon as i picked it up I hear an engine behind me and next thing I know BAM. I becamed a speed bump for a bandit's truck.

• Like 1

Yeah i still have the dew, i will never get rid of it even if i am dying of thirst.

• Like 2

I've had a Coyote for weeks now... The only time I've died is when my buddy thought I was someone else and killed me. I got all my stuff back though. Found a Mountain Dew shortly thereafter, and then found 3 x ghillie suits, 2 of them were in the same house! lol.

they day before i found it i died 4 times within a few hours, once i got the dew i havent died since.

[ghostsounds]The legend goes that a can of mountain dew will bring bad luck until you return it to its home on Green Mountain. [/ghostsounds]

Edited by Beans By Any Means
  • Like 1

A friend found one, then he died spawned in the debug forest and spawned on the coast... with all his gear we still have this little mountain dew...

^^^^^^^^^^^that just happened to me however. i didnt want to mention it because i still feel the dew is my lucky charm.

I actually have had amazing luck with the DEW. I have only found 2 of them. and when I do they actually kept me from dying. It was only when I lost them from a glitch was when I would die in the most lame ways.

My last discovery was at devils castle. I kept that thing in my inventory for 22dayz. That was the longest I have ever been alive. I lost the can in a tent. after that, I died from 1 zombie. first hit knocked me out, as I woke up the asshole broke my legs and then I died like a noob.

so therefore, I have great luck with them.

Edited by LetterKilled
  • Like 1

My friend told me this story yesterday:

he had just spawned near elektro and found a lee enfield on his way into town. he climbed to the roof of the hospital for med supplies and saw a guy sprinting down the street training a bunch of zombies. being the bandit that he is, he capped him with the lee enfield. as this guy was bleeding out, he moaned on direct voice chat "NOOOO MY MOUNTAIN DEEEEWWW!"

maybe there is a curse...

• Like 2

My friend told me this story yesterday:

he had just spawned near elektro and found a lee enfield on his way into town. he climbed to the roof of the hospital for med supplies and saw a guy sprinting down the street training a bunch of zombies. being the bandit that he is, he capped him with the lee enfield. as this guy was bleeding out, he moaned on direct voice chat "NOOOO MY MOUNTAIN DEEEEWWW!"

maybe there is a curse...

OMG xDDDD

This is my favorite so far.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY BEANSSSS

Edited by "Lost" Alice
  • Like 1

haha dayz has the best comedy than any other game out there. So many hilarious stories.

Edited by Post Hoc
  • Like 1