Sign in to follow this  
Thundirah

How long have you lasted with broken bones? (And no morphine :P)

So, I was in a supermarket minding my own business and just looting some cans of pasta when out of nowhere a zombie appears in front of me and break my bones. I was in Zelenogorsk when this happened and that city has no hospitals, and the nearest city with a hopsital was Chernogorsk. I set out on my epic but incredibly slow quest to Chernogorsk and made it there in a few hours of painful crawling. I got to the hospital, found 2 morphine injectors and I was good to go.

So, how long have you guys lasted with broken bones and no morphine?

• Like 1

About 5 mins while i waited for my Friend from skype came and shot me up.... lol

Edit: Shot as in "shot me with some morphine" not shot as in some retarded kid shooting me.

Edited by Sgt.Asshat

First day I played DayZ I drug myself to the hospital in Elektro with a broken leg and about 2500 blood.

I could barely see where I was even going and kept hearing a lot of shots, so all I could do was drag myself towards them while trying to maintain cover so I didn't get shot by whoever was shooting those shots.

I drug myself through the city and managed to get to the top of the hospital. I fixed my broken leg but had to wait for someone to come along who could give me a trans. Some guy was nice enough to do so when I asked him. Unfortunately I saw him die only a few minutes later...

• Like 1

Broke my leg on the ladder @ Devils Castle ... i was down to 300 blood and crawled down the hill ...i could barely see anything and passed out all the time ... i was searching for a cow and when in finally restored my blood with a delicious cow i crawled to kabanino and waited for a friend to shoot me up

About 5 mins while i waited for my Friend from skype came and shot me up.... lol

Edit: Shot as in "shot me with some morphine" not shot as in some retarded kid shooting me.

1sq8J.jpg

Edited by NoRegrets
  • Like 2

About 15 minutes, then I got bored. I never go North without morphine now.

An hour of crawling to the goddarn hospital. :(

It was worth it though.

A video of me breaking my legs and then crawling tot he hospital with gun shots and zombies all around me....

(Skip to the 6 minute mark if need be, when I get to the hospital)

Edited by Larce

I got ninja zombie'd and have to crawl back to my bike, drove it down into town, crawled into some ticket booth and was killed by the floor, incredibly lame.

Was taken down by a zombie back when broken legs were commonplace. I was at the gas station between elektro and cherno, I crawled for about 2 hours until I came upon a boar. I did not have a hunting knife, so I crawled to the nearest house I could find. Nothing. I was at about 2k blood and was passing out from time to time. I finally hobbled into a barn and found the knife! I then made my periless journey back to where I once saw the cow. I killed it and ate. I was then back up to 12k health but still with a crushed femur. I crawled into cherno to the hospital, found the morphine finally, and I got the hell out of there.

In all, I was alive with a broken bone for almost 6 and 1/2 hours.

My leg got broken as I started up the stairs in the High Value barn in Staroye. I decided to go down fighting and I shot 7 clips of 1911 killing infected with almost every shot. I also did the same with a handful of enfield clips. Ended up with over 100 kills and 60someodd headshots. After I ran out of bullets with no infected around I decided to head out.

I crawled south over the big hill south of Staroye. I got turned around and ended up on the west side of the hill instead of the east so when I hit the road I took a right instead of a left. I ended up and the medium value industrial west by south-west of Staroye.

After figuring out where I was, no compass or map as I had yet to ever find them at that time, I started back out next to the road.

I made it past the north firestation at elektro. I ended up dieing at the first set of houses south of the firestation.

Total time I have no clue, but it was hours.

I went to go check out the NW AFB by myself one day on the off-chance I might find some NVG. A zombie that came seemingly out of nowhere, ran up and broke my leg. I was somewhere south of the base in an open field. I believe it was somewhere near Vybor. I had just lost my 870 due to a bug and did not want to lose my Glock 17. Having a flashlight on your firearm is so helpful in a pinch. I also had quite a good number of tools on my tool belt, so I didn't want to loose those.

I was determined to live and I wanted to test my own patience and will to live as if I had broken a bone in real life.

My blood pressure was good. I had plenty of food, plenty of water and soda. I had plenty of other medical supplies, but no morphine. I knew I could have found morphine at the AFB, but I didn't want to risk getting shot or overwhelmed. Not to mention, there's the bug of severely injuring yourself when attempting to crawl into doorways. The bottom level of the control tower or one of the barracks would have been my only refuge and even then, the sound of gunshots may have attracted more zombies or another player.

I decided to crawl my way to Chernogorsk. However, I had no compass to indicate which direction I was going. I had rely on the west-to-east movement of the clouds at night and my watch during the day. Keeping the direction of the clouds from right-to-left, I managed to crawl my way down toward Kamenka. That trek alone took about 3 or 4 hours over the span of about 2 real life days. I tried to check some of the safer vehicle spawns along the way in hopes of finding at least a bicycle or a motorcycle, but I found nothing.

I relied on chemlights to have some visibility at night and used the flashlight on my G17 to keep my bearings. When I used the light, I only used it for about a second at a time. It was enough to see about 30-40 feet in the direction I was faced. I also never left it on while crawling since it turns you into a human lighthouse. The chemlights were tricky, though. I had to either throw them on flat ground and pick them up or throw them at the top of the hill and catch them when they rolled down.

I then followed the clouds eastward and avoided the coast, but kept the ocean within visual range. I stuck to the woods where possible and tried to mask myself in the foliage along the hills. Since distant flora doesn't appear past a certain distance. I didn't want to be sniper bait. I stayed north of the Balota airfield and stayed on the south side of the road leading NW out of it.

I knew I had a better chance of not being seen by both players and zombies at night. I also knew I had a better chance of getting to the hospital if I crawled in from the NW and directly into the back of the hospital. I was taking a gamble at finding the medical box in the back of hospital. The trip from Kamenka to Chernogorsk took about 2 to 3 hours of determined crawling. Stopping only to eat or drink. I was on real-life day 3 at this point.

The most harrowing, heart-pounding experience of the whole trip was definitely when I got to Cherno. There were gunshots coming from the south as well as flares in the distance. At least two other people were there. The place was also crawling with zombies. I was patient, though and managed to avoid them. My gamble paid off in the end. There were 5 morphine injectors in the box behind the hospital. I healed myself as quickly as possible, hands shaking, heart racing. I also took all 5 of them. I very quickly couch-jogged to the nearest apartment building to the SW.

There was a stack of dead zombies outside the door and sound of buzzing flies coming from the inside. Weapon drawn, I slowly peered inside. I found a body of another survivor on the first landing and searched it. I was rewarded with a compass and map. I got the hell out of Cherno fast and, even though I haven't played in a couple of weeks (damn you XCOM!), my character is still alive to this day.

One of the things I observed during this whole ordeal was this: I kept thinking to myself, "Just hit the respawn button and start over. It would be so much easier." But I didn't, I persevered and was given the most rewarding feeling I'd ever felt in a game since maybe the first Ghost Recon.

I was way up northwest near grozovy pass exploring when I broke a leg walking next to a building (however that's possible). I crawled all the way past Petrovka, into the forest north of Devil's Castle and right there in a bush... offroad pickup! Perfect timing too, because by this time it was dark and had started raining, temp was down to 35c. Hopped in, drove it all the way to Berezino where it ran out of gas right in front of the hospital.

That was several hours of crawling before I found the truck.

on my second life i was in kozlovka and got falcon punched by a port-o-potty. i didnt' know the map, so i started to crawl, and i eventually got to baltoa, where some jackass killed me. unarmed, broken legs, no food. thanks, cockbite.

i was crawling for a few hours.

Edited by omgwtfbbq