Jackftw

Take out .50 cals

It's a fucking zombie apocalypse in the middle of some random shitty country/area. You're not going to be finding anti-material rifles just laying around.

• Like 24

The 'random shitty country/ area' has military bases/ airfields. So yes, you will find them lying around.

• Like 31

Yes, because all the players with AS50's just found them in a barn two minutes into the game.

• Like 1

The 'random shitty country/ area' has military bases/ airfields. So yes, you will find them lying around.

Assuming someone hasn't taken them already. I mean come on, I can't be the only one who think's its ridiculous that in a zombie apocalypse there are people running around in ghillie suits with NVG's, M107's/AS50's M9SD's and all this crazy military gear. It's just taking away from the zombie apocalyptic atmosphere.

• Like 11

so true :beans:

whole point is they are supposed to be rare... with the game played as the game makers intended they would indeed still be rare. have u ever had 1? i have found 3 m107 and 1 as 50 in many many weeks of playing. and its only since i travel alot searching for crashed helis that i got top loot. other than killing another player they are hard finds... its just the duping and hacking that makes them not rare. its the top sniper rifle... ofc they will be duped and spawned...even if u remove the .50cals then they will still be used heavily... all u do then is remove the legit player from having them...

• Like 6

im not sure people realise just how abused the duping is....almost every tent i find has some evidence of duping...

• Like 1

The only reason they are so common is because of how ridiculously easy it is to accidentally and purposefully dupe in this game. The AS50 at least is a very rare rifle and is hard to find, unless you are searching for tents in the Wilderness far up north... or in tent camps in arbitrary forests in the game.

If there was no duping and the ammo was just as rare, so working as intended, you would simply not see them as often at all.

• Like 1

whole point is they are supposed to be rare... with the game played as the game makers intended they would indeed still be rare. have u ever had 1?

Let me take a screenshot of my current inventory. Give me a minute. (Btw, this stuff isn't rare for me... I find .50's and ghillies within 1 hour of playing)

They would be rare if...

- The game wasn't filled with hackers that just spawn themselves some tasty gear and go play "snipe the noob".

- The tents weren't bugged and getting re-filled with the existing inventory at every server restart

- Ammo clips weren't refreshed to full on relog ensuring even if you don't hack, you can fairly easily ensure that you never run out of ammo for the shiny sniper rifle.

But when you add all these three together, you can probably get an idea why so many are running around with one... and yes, getting oneshot "out of the blue" is pretty sucky way to die. Have experienced that a couple of times...

It's a fucking zombie apocalypse in the middle of some random shitty country/area. You're not going to be finding anti-material rifles just laying around.

The "random shitty country area" that was hit by an infection during/shortly after a huge military invasion? Yeah, definatly wont be heavy weaponry there, thats for sure.

• Like 5

I personally run with an AS50 purely because of the 1shot kill, to prevent people from using the ALT+F4 'technique'. If they do once they are hit, I still get the kill and that's what matters really.

• Like 1

Let me take a screenshot of my current inventory. Give me a minute. (Btw, this stuff isn't rare for me... I find .50's and ghillies within 1 hour of playing)

Inventory + Backpack Page 1

dkYR7.jpg

Inventory + Backpack Page 2

1Gr8f.jpg

This gear in a zombie apocalypse? Seem's totally legit.

Sorry, but you're not going to find this shit in an apocalyptic wasteland.

• Like 1

Why, so nobody can kill you in one shot before you disconnect?

I don't care about the one shot kill. I think more weapons should be a one shot kill. It's just that all this crazy ass gear kills the immersion, and makes it more of a deathmatch than a zombie survival game.

• Like 2

Chernarus. Stands for Black Russia. AND RUSSIANS DON'T LIKE PUSSY NATO ROUNDS. They like firing lead the size of thumbs at people. And cars. And armour. And armoured armour. So, yes, you would find them in Russian Military bases. No they don't spawn in the first building you find. Mostly in High Value Military buildings. Think North West Airfield?

• Like 3

Yea while we're at it we might just get rid of Pistols too.

• Like 4

The only reason they are so common is because of how ridiculously easy it is to accidentally and purposefully dupe in this game. The AS50 at least is a very rare rifle and is hard to find, unless you are searching for tents in the Wilderness far up north... or in tent camps in arbitrary forests in the game.

If there was no duping and the ammo was just as rare, so working as intended, you would simply not see them as often at all.

Pretty much this.

My freaking car always manages to dupe my gear.

This is not really a dayz-story, so I had to open a new topic for it.

Time just went really slowly. There were sweatdrops running down jung Major Vasilevichs forehead. He did not like were he was, and he did not envy what was to come in the next minutes, he didn't even know why he was commanded here, but it was his duty to obey. The lamps in the bunker flickered, it was hard to get elektricity working since the infestation began and the emergency generator was on it's limits, but there was only this bunker left of the government. It took only a few days to cause mayhem in the capital city, and all but the military communication broke down weeks ago. The lack of seatings in the concrete hallway forced the Major to stand next to the door.

"Major! Come in!" he heard from inside, so he carefully opened the door. The room was full of objects. There was a map of the whole country, and everwhere there were little red flags pinned to it. Medical supplies were stacked in one conor, ABC-suits and medicaments and much more. The Major doubted that this could help anyone. All around the room were the last newspapers pinned to the wall. But there really were only 3 pices of furniture. 2 Chairs and a really old-looking desk, with parts of a handguns spreaded over it. The General was busy cleanning and oiling it.

"Sit down already, I got orders for you." he grunted at the Major.

"You are responsible for the Chernarus district, right?"

"Yes, Sir."

"You lost the control there," he raised his voice, "That should not have happened. Chernarus is of major importance!"

"Perdon me, I can't quite follow." the Suprised Mayor replied.

"You know that there is a important wood mill in Berezino, you know how serious that is for the whole human race? No Woodmill means no toilet paper, and what are we going to wipe our asses with if we survive the apocalypse? EVER THOUGHT OF THAT?"

"...er..."

"And the tincan factorys. What are people to do without canned beans? Cenarus also has the highest concentration of sports huntsmen tourism in the whole world. We can't loose that! And the 3 little airbases! Not to mention the historical worth of the courtyside with it's 4 castle ruins!"

"...so, what's your point?" the Mayor carefully asked.

"MY POINT?" The General seemed to explode, "I want it taken back! Immidiatly! Bring all the men you can there!"

"But Sir, we don't have enough soldiers!"

"Then send the Police! Arm them with the best guns you can find! I want a sniper on every hill in this whole country!"

"But Sir, we only have very few trained snipers. Those guns are also very expensive and manufactured in low numbers."

"I DON'T CARE! Arm the regular soldiers with the best guns if that's needed to take back the district! And call for the british."

"The what?"

"THE FUCKING BRITISH! Tell them that they are to send helicopters with elite troops! Make sure they are equipped with the best gear!"

"But Sir, a untrained man can shoot a infected with the simplest guns."

"I WANT ELITE TROOPS! WITH NIGHTVISION, SILENCED GUNS, AND GUNS THAT CAN TAKE DOWN AN ELEPHANT!"

And that's the most accurate backround possible for dayz. My point: 0.5cal sniper guns in a remote area? I think not. Remove the top weapons, make the best sniper gun the Cz and the best assault rifle the AK-SU. Everything above restricts my gameplay experience for the game atmosphere.

Discuss.

Edited by Atanar
  • Like 1

It bemuses me when people talk about what's realistic or not.

• Like 1

Chernarus. Stands for Black Russia. AND RUSSIANS DON'T LIKE PUSSY NATO ROUNDS. They like firing lead the size of thumbs at people. And cars. And armour. And armoured armour. So, yes, you would find them in Russian Military bases. No they don't spawn in the first building you find. Mostly in High Value Military buildings. Think North West Airfield?

Both the AS50, and the Barrett M107 are NOT used by the Russian military. So no, you wouldn't find them in the military Barracks/Airfield :)

Even w/o duping you can get lots of weapons. Our group has people playing almost 24h a day, you get a lot of loot very quickly.