saifallofjmr

What you guys should really be concerned about

It shouldn't be the bugs as those will be fixed but you need to look further down the line from just NVG and a vehicle.

After that point then what? Without true endgame content that can be delivered with a side/optional story line which can force player interactions then this game will run on fumes and the new comer desires until the game populations drops' like battlefield 3's population after January of 2012.

A story and how would it work? Much as like Fallout/Skyrim's type where there is the main story line, side quests, and other stuff. I think that will be the most efficient way to force any time of story line onto a player.

Along with that in the future should be specific skills (yes I know PLS DUN DO DIS IT SO BAD) I am talking about things you can select upon spawning (much as to a type of team fortress 2 type thing) which it can either change the starting gear (medic to start with 2 bandages painkillers morphine instead of just painkillers or engineer to spawn with wirecutters crowbar, or soldier to spawn with a shovel which can be used to kill or to bury [which was a mechanic Rocket >was< going to implement] etc) these classes also in their reguards increase their efficiency of doing the related skills to this job.

Also in general: crafting, add so much seriously.

More information allows people to be more attached to their character. Implement a medic system/wounding system much like metal gear solid 3's medic/health system of physical showing of the person doing it (leeches, fratures, splints, bandages, stopping bleeching using a cigar, etc) more information is helpful.

Turn finding a gun into finding the parts to repair it this is much like a more minecraft idea where each item you have can only take x amount of usage before it breaks or to stop and repair with avaible parts. An engineer class can be implemented to increase the effectiveness of the spare parts in relations to the amount of repair done.

These things need to be address as without complex engauging endgame material the gameplay will drop.

The more complex things become it can either hurt or help.

This was quickly typed without reguards to grammar or style so: dolan pls.

• Like 1

I would much rather keep completing the game and dying so i have to restart over and over for a while so that they can iron out the current game ruining bugs (such as the graphical glitch) than have new stuff while the game is still barely playable. But we do need a better end game at some point.

The whole idea of this game is the freedom and there are no rules. Speaking of endgame content, yeah there is none but at the same time with the freedom we got there is basicly 10000000 stuff to do. Look at youtube all the crazy stuff people are doing, everything from taking prisoners, running army camps to rescuing people. Stuff like this would never be possible if this game wasnt as free as it is.

Game is perfect. Its totally up to us what we will do with it.

• Like 1

I couldn't care less for a story, I create my own

Not a fan of your other ideas either, sounds like you are trying to change dayz into other games, here's an idea, play them instead.

Edited by smasht_AU

The whole idea of this game is the freedom and there are no rules. Speaking of endgame content, yeah there is none but at the same time with the freedom we got there is basicly 10000000 stuff to do. Look at youtube all the crazy stuff people are doing, everything from taking prisoners, running army camps to rescuing people. Stuff like this would never be possible if this game wasnt as free as it is.

The thing is though there really isn't a 1000 things to be done within this game.

What I mean is if you consider a different outcome is (in reference to cooking) if 1/8 teaspoon less salt is a COMPLETELY different experience for you then you are one of the new comers that after a while you won't enjoy it anymore (been playing the game since beginning of May).

I would much rather keep completing the game and dying so i have to restart over and over for a while so that they can iron out the current game ruining bugs (such as the graphical glitch) than have new stuff while the game is still barely playable. But we do need a better end game at some point.

Even within multiple live streams and interviews he has stated to "be involved with the narative and understand why stuff the way it is" then you need to allow us to understand. Give us something early to explore content giving (like for example the current "end game" is getting all military gear, well get the radio implemented and use that to try that). TRY CONTENT ENGAUGEMENT that is the reason for alpha to try out and implement mechanics.

I couldn't care less for a story, I create my own

Not a fan of your other ideas either, sounds like you are trying to change dayz into other games, here's an idea, play them instead.

That's fine but there is no end game content. This is a get the best guns and NVGS and PK.

Oh look at suggestions: how to stop/punish bandits.

Hmmm

Someone brought this speculation (right word?) into my head awhile ago ina thread. I guess you could kind of consider this game as a "bullying" game lol. Work your way to the top (while getting killed by bush wookies,ect) then when you reach the top just kill people at your own will. Then again that's your choice if thats your objective or not :P. But like what Avean said "Stuff like this would never be possible if this game wasn't as free as it is",thats what makes this game awesome.

But I am open to some endgame content too ;o. Just as long if it isn't super duper fake or just completely wrong xP

It shouldn't be the bugs as those will be fixed but you need to look further down the line from just NVG and a vehicle.

After that point then what? Without true endgame content that can be delivered with a side/optional story line which can force player interactions then this game will run on fumes and the new comer desires until the game populations drops' like battlefield 3's population after January of 2012.

A story and how would it work? Much as like Fallout/Skyrim's type where there is the main story line, side quests, and other stuff. I think that will be the most efficient way to force any time of story line onto a player.

Along with that in the future should be specific skills (yes I know PLS DUN DO DIS IT SO BAD) I am talking about things you can select upon spawning (much as to a type of team fortress 2 type thing) which it can either change the starting gear (medic to start with 2 bandages painkillers morphine instead of just painkillers or engineer to spawn with wirecutters crowbar, or soldier to spawn with a shovel which can be used to kill or to bury [which was a mechanic Rocket >was< going to implement] etc) these classes also in their reguards increase their efficiency of doing the related skills to this job.

More information allows people to be more attached to their character. Implement a medic system/wounding system much like metal gear solid 3's medic/health system of physical showing of the person doing it (leeches, fratures, splints, bandages, stopping bleeching using a cigar, etc) more information is helpful.

Turn finding a gun into finding the parts to repair it this is much like a more minecraft idea where each item you have can only take x amount of usage before it breaks or to stop and repair with avaible parts. An engineer class can be implemented to increase the effectiveness of the spare parts in relations to the amount of repair done.

These things need to be address as without complex engauging endgame material the gameplay will drop.

Did you... did you just compare DayZ with the Bethesda games?

So from what i have read you woud want an Skyrim/fallout type of game into Team Fortress 2 kinda style with some of the minecraft features along the way.

Why stop there?

Why not add infected from left 4 dead?

Why not give us merchaints and money.

Why not giving us arena...why not..

NO NO NO NO NO ... just.... stop.

DayZ is meant to stay DayZ.

Next update is hounds as Rocket said himself.

That seem preety cool and all what DayZ is requiring at the moment as a new feature

Edited by VaultDweller

come play War Z with me and the 100,000 players that signed up for beta on the first 24 hours not including all the more that signed up after that

Did you... did you just compare DayZ with the Bethesda games?

So from what i have read you woud want an Skyrim/fallout type of game into Team Fortress 2 kinda style with some of the minecraft features along the way.

Why stop there?

Why not add infected from left 4 dead?

Why not give us merchaints and money.

Why not giving us arena...why not..

NO NO NO NO NO ... just.... stop.

DayZ is meant to stay DayZ.

Next update is hounds as Rocket said himself.

That seem preety cool and all what DayZ is requiring at the moment as a new feature

You are jumping to conclusions. I never said to allow trade via currency, nor arena, nor "special infected". I simply drew ideas and gave references to what you could expect the feature to be like. I used the TF2 reference as in to give you an idea of how different the classes would be against each other (compare the Spy to the Heavy, much larger HP, slower speed, heavier damage, etc) but you jumped to conclusion.

I used the Bestheda series of games as an example of how to play out the story line not into the specific way you have to do it but how to possibly roll it out.

Good job guy on jumping to all the wrong conclusions and showing you are incapable of critical thinking and other higher thinking skills.

Someone brought this speculation (right word?) into my head awhile ago ina thread. I guess you could kind of consider this game as a "bullying" game lol. Work your way to the top (while getting killed by bush wookies,ect) then when you reach the top just kill people at your own will. Then again that's your choice if thats your objective or not :P. But like what Avean said "Stuff like this would never be possible if this game wasn't as free as it is",thats what makes this game awesome.

But I am open to some endgame content too ;o. Just as long if it isn't super duper fake or just completely wrong xP

How about as another tool you get a radio which has random broadcasts (as playing on something PLAYER CREATED) based on number stations and having to decrypt it and via the game giving hints to how to do so would allow you to understand where the infection came from. Having the quest progress saved onto the hive along with it. Say as You figured out quest 1 of finding a journal (this can be linked online to your personal information) and within finding it you knew after reading it and or decrypting it figured you had to move to say green mountain. Once you got to GM you found a slip of paper in the pile of dead bodies and had a new place to walk to. On your way there you get killed. You now have to start back from reading your journal to green mountain. In that example I am trying to explain the checkpoint system that could possibly work.

This can all be saved on the current hive by simply degsignation of one extra value which would reference to which quest they are on 01->1000 (or into hex such as 9AD87 IF needed). Which is a very simple addon to the database.

Edited by saifallofjmr

come play War Z with me and the 100,000 players that signed up for beta on the first 24 hours not including all the more that signed up after that

That is why I am making this post, that game will take most if not 40% of this game's players. This game is turning into a Duke Nukem Forever type: the game play is already obsolete by the time of release.

So no real discussion aside from one person and the rest are hyper-conclusions that make no sense. Seems like a legit community.

Can't wait to stand on the side lines and watch the world burn.

adding a story to a game doesn't have to add quests/missions to a game it could just be little thing that are found that can piece together a story. he is going to add bases as an endgame eventually if you ever watched an interview you would know this. he is going to add plenty of content but with all the bugs working those out first is the highest priority before he starts adding anything close to endgame content.

EndGame Content does not fit into the Dayz way of life and never should.

Its not about creating stuff for you to do when geared, its about getting the tools to do whatever we want to do whether we are geared or not.

Adding new content always helps,

Adding a way to build our own base's will be fun,

Making some places in the world interactive would be awsome, as in having to repair radio towers and such to be able to get a broadcast system working in that server and other things like this would add some great new ways to do things.

When Rocket brings out the tool to build ones own base i hope he gives us the tools to do much more then just build a cave underground to live in, Hopefully he gives us the tools so we can come up with random and unique ways of building our base's like walling of a small town and allowing us to fortify it from zombies and players, maybe walling off a petrol station so our base has fuel and so forth.

• Like 2

And yet you have many only killing one another, this game is suppose to be a sandbox but as an end of the world zombie survival sim.

The end game is clan warfare.

No the end is figuring out do you want to be a

1) Medic

2) Bandit

3) Group

4) Solo

There has to be end game content or this game is to surely fail.

But higher than that priority is defeating hackers as it will truly stop any growth and replay.

"adding a story to a game doesn't have to add quests/missions to a game it could just be little thing that are found that can piece together a story."

That would be fine to just something as for to take your "clan" or group and execute a whole game idea together to bond in more than just being part of the warrior group. Either vary the content or vary the game mechanics.

I have a feeling this game will lose a lot of steam when it's high competition "War Z" comes out.

1) Medic

2) Bandit

3) Group

4) Solo

1 = so few people actually do this that I think we can safely ignore it.

2 = Do we really have a choice about this now its everyone KoS?

3 = Group = Clan warfare (more or less)

4 = Solo is only really an option for a few weeks IMO, then it just gets boring.

So, 4 isn't end game, its what you do before end game, 1 we can ignore, 2 we have no choice over, and that leaves 3: Clan Warfare.

I say this game MOSTLY needs a better control layout. Which can be done manually, but still, would be nice to have an easier to use layout right off the back...Then again, I should really be badgering the ArmA devs about that so, SHUTTING UP NOW.

1 = so few people actually do this that I think we can safely ignore it.

2 = Do we really have a choice about this now its everyone KoS?

3 = Group = Clan warfare (more or less)

4 = Solo is only really an option for a few weeks IMO, then it just gets boring.

So, 4 isn't end game, its what you do before end game, 1 we can ignore, 2 we have no choice over, and that leaves 3: Clan Warfare.

Okay so sand box eh?

Let's take GTA for example, there is a mass amount of things about to do and it is still sandbox but there is still a main storyline.

Or more in your sense: Garry's Mod

There are use created tools and a mass amount of stuff to do. Without all the STOOLS and wiremod there would be no use to the game other than to use it as a basis for other game modes.

This game is running on fumes, open your eyes guys and notice and be concered before it is too late.

I agree with your first suggestion. The lack of an end goal, makes the game get quite dull. Once gear is acquired, you have pretty much nothing else to do, and DayZ essentially becomes a perpetual butthole clinch of "please don't kill me" as your loot value increases.

I think adding more loot to the game and increasing the variety of weapons would probably prolong the dullness from setting in by about half at least.

In terms of endgame goals it'd have to be something that ends your player's life/journey but does not end the game for the rest of the people playing on the server, and what that would be I have no clue.

So in general could become like a STALKER mmo....

side story

quests

higher end gear

bandits

vehicles

wildlife

skills

hmmm

No. Its hard/long enough to get end game stuff. Unless your server hopping. Its pretty much impossible to get all the good weapons. If you do then explore. Help people. Kill people. Do whatever the fuck you want.

No. Its hard/long enough to get end game stuff. Unless your server hopping. Its pretty much impossible to get all the good weapons. If you do then explore. Help people. Kill people. Do whatever the fuck you want.

It takes me maybe 1 hour to get good weapons I am comfortable with.

The good weapons

dmr, m4a1 sd or m4a3 cco, cz 550, coyote backpack, g17.