Sign in to follow this  
CerebralZombie (DayZ)

Pressing the "-" key on the Num pad

So for all you new players out there I just wanted to let you know about the zoom out ability. All you do is hold or double tap the " - " key on/in the number pad and it will zoom out in any view, first or third person. In third person your character will look as he is running faster and it helps a lot if you feel as if you just don't run fast enough. Also it helps with seeing more around you in your peripheral.

Another tip to add is to get used to using your actual peripherals in the game. These are white dots that will show up on the left and right side of your screen in anything from players to even animals that you can't see in your view, but your player can see in his/her peripherals. It take a little bit to get used to and actually use all the time, but it really helps! The dots fade and become small if the person zombie, or animal is far away, and when they are close it will become large and a very vivid white.

Some, or even a lot of you will already know this, but my brother had to tell me about the "peripherals" at least, but I actually taught him about the zoom out ability. (He's been playing much, much longer and knows everything, except for the zoom out! :lol:) A lot of videos that I'd watch never mentioned any of these two things, especially those normal videos of groups just enjoying the DayZ experience. If you need more info just Google or Youtube these two things.

Thanks for your time,

CZ~

• Like 1

Yeah I knew that, You can double tap - or + or CTRL ALT or SHIFT, try double tap W and hold for a sprint

White perhipheral markers are only fully visible on recruit setting, slightly visible on regular they are not there on the harder settings.

You can also go slower than the slowest walking speed by holding lean key while you have a gun out.

Edited by disorder
  • Like 1

Thanks, didn't know about that.

whenever i hit any of the buttons on my number pad vehicles and weapons spawn.... weird.

Hello there

The zoom is temporary and will snap back if certain conditions are met. It also puts a slight strain on your PC as it renders a larger POV.

@JaK try assigning the function to another key.

Rgds

LoK

The one I've always had problems with is toggling between running and walking or walking and sneaking. I cannot get it to stick to my right shift key. Not sure why but it's frustrating.