U.B.C.S. Ravin

Lets Discuss - Way-Points.

I personally prefer to have waypoints in the game, but if they are removed in the standalone I won't be heartbroken. I've traversed Chernarus enough to know which town I'm in without needing to look at a map or have a waypoint tell me. Just familiarize yourself with the layout of the major/mid sized towns and you'll know exactly where you are without needing road signs either. I think it has to do with freedom as well. People don't like not having options, we just don't. If you don't like waypoints there are several servers out there that have them disabled, I've been on quite a few. Just change servers if you don't like what it has to offer.

It's just like people complaining that you can sprint forever in the game without getting tired. Remember, Rocket has to draw the line at immersive, but still fun. Do you really want to stop every 20 minutes because your guy needs a breather? No. Do you really want to have to stop and take a shit or piss on a tree, further risking your chances of dying? No.

Remember, the line between realism and fun is a thin one, and Rocket is doing his best to toe it.

As long as Rocket does the absolute best he can with what he has to work with, I'll be happy with whatever he decides.

Edited by Nergalwaja

Waypoints are like third person and nameplates, a handicap that obsoletes other features in the game.

I use waypoints because im not hardcore enough to run around with the compass up all the time. It will probably be useless to me soon as I pretty much know where I am at any time after playing the game for only a month.

i think you should only be able to use a waypoint if you have a GPS

Is this one of those topics where we act superior, & look down on people? How dare someone use a function available to them in game? Why everyone should be hard core like us!! Why if you are using a weapon in Dayz you're a nub scrub! I use tin cans and bottles to do my killing!! If you don't well you are just a 12 year old entitled titmouse!!!

• Like 1

Is this one of those topics where we act superior, & look down on people? How dare someone use a function available to them in game? Why everyone should be hard core like us!! Why if you are using a weapon in Dayz you're a nub scrub! I use tin cans and bottles to do my killing!! If you don't well you are just a 12 year old entitled titmouse!!!

Welcome to the ARMA community. I like how they always go on about how hardcore they are like this game is anything like being in combat.

• Like 1

been on one server with waypoints and left immediately. immersion killer. a good portion of the fun is figuring out where to go from a map, getting offtrack and into a fight :)

I use them, not proud of it. It's not that I can't navigate without them, I am actually quite good at that sort of thing. However, using the waypoints is way more convenient and it's less time consuming. So I guess it's more about efficiency.

I think that they should be removed altogether though, or only usable in conjuction with the GPS. And even so, they should not appear on your HUD.

I didn't know you could do this for a long time.

I learnt my surroundings and how to nagivate. However, now I use it as its quick and I will seeing how far away I am. (My justification is i know have a GPS)

But you should learn how to read a map as otherwise when you die and don't have a map, your in trouble!

I'd like to see them removed as they can also act as a range finder, not to mention making a compass and GPS almost redundant.

Used them once as my brother noticed them as was like wtf is this?! was heading to NW airfield and already knew the route but thought why not lol I dont know how to use it thugh O.o