Sign in to follow this  
SugarFreeBrowny

What is YOUR play style?

Like the title states, what is your play style?

Today while I was working my way up north I noticed how I plan routes and follow them with little goals in mind. I generally try avoid zombies because they are just annoying. Nothing about them is too difficult but having to shoot them, make my position known, worry about other zombies coming, and wasting ammo just doesn't seem to be worth it. I would rather have those 15 bullets when I need them. I also choose a friendly way of handling things. I always yell friendly over direct chat and won't fire unless forced to. I also like to help out others. If the stranger I run into is friendly and doesn't fire I will ask if they need anything such as food, drink, blood, painkillers, etc. Even though I am alone I always carry two blood bags just for the situations in which you find a nice soul who can help you out and you help them out in return.

While I do admit this play style results in more deaths than if I just shot on sight, it has allowed me to experience amazing moments in DayZ that I don't think I would be able to experience if I just shot people. I've learned the equipment is replaceable, but the experiences aren't.

SO! Tell me about what you do. Do you run through town creating a zombie-choo-choo-train to lose them all in a building? Do you work you way north and hit all the Deer Stands on the way? Do you go to Cherno or Elektro and get supplies then run north? Are you friendly or a bandit?

Thanks in advance. :P

• Like 3

I personally Either hit One of the two main cities along the coast the start heading north. I try to avoid most zombies and hit a few deer stands and small cities along the way. I evenutally make my way up to the NW Airport kill a few server hoppers and get some military drops. Then i'll usually just do what i feel like from there.

I prefer not to aggro zombies but I like to run as often as possible. If I am going to get close to zombies I always have an escape strategy in my mind. Usually this consists of me making a note of a safe looking building I can run into and deal with the zombies from there. Most of my deaths have occurred by getting shot from the back, usually by an unseen player, especially snipers.

I usually stick to the wooded areas when I am alone which I have grown to appreciate. Not having to worry about other people attracting unwanted attention is my main issue. When I play, its stealth all the way. I like to lurk, and when I do see other players it gives me a chance to watch their movements and actions to see if they are a threat or not. When playing in a large group, if you dont have a common interest or goal, you leave yourself out there to be gun downed for another persons careless actions.

On the plus side of rolling with other people, you have someone to watch your back.

So I guess, when playing alone, I try to avoid contact with other players until I have watched them enough to approach, and when playing with a group, throw caution to the wind and try to avoid being killed.

As far as traveling goes, I like the middle of the map. Much more action there. I rarely go to the NW airfield. I hang our alot near Stary Sober, Pusto and Polana.

I prefer to stop at every deer stand, fire house, buildings and barn and kill as many zombies as i can on my way to NWAF

Filling up a heli and killing anything that moves while micspamming over the cities

• Like 1

Filling up a heli and killing anything that moves while micspamming over the cities

One time I got gunned down by a heli. It was scary. I saw it coming and I knew I was fucked from the start. Ive never flown one or been in one or seen one soo.

oh and for the people who dont have guns / zombie train peeps

aww i can only post one gif per page? :( sad days

big_run_512.gif

Edited by Buffjesus
  • Like 1

I call myself friendly. Already posted a big thing about my procedure on encountering STRANGER DANGER. I'm just a very cautious friendly.

I currently play overwatch/lookout for my small band of brothers. Typically, I find a nice place to have vision on them and the surrounding to spot zombies/players and guide their movements or alert them. Because of this, my bag space has become like a pack mule; carrying all the excess food/drink or the spare weapon/ammo we find and want to keep.

At the moment, since goals are rather slim, we just focus on maintaining our vehicles and looking for baddies. "Baddies" of course generally means other small groups that are as geared or better as us. Scope out an airfield and look for zombies, then check it out, etc.

I got a guy today that wired up the front entrance to a control tower. It was a trap to shoot anyone trying to figure out how to remove it, but I didn't bother and went in from the ladder. He was on the stairs prone eyeballing the front door. He saw me, but it was too late. He was loaded to the teeth and had something to give to everyone on my small team.

My dream vehicle at the moment is a PBX. Someone found and took our chopper.

Edited by Dingus

Hard to say just now being that I'm very fresh to the game.

So far I've hung around Elektro to gather gear and supplies. I've started to head into the hills, but I'm waiting for friends to start playing too, so I don't want to stray too far from the coast just yet.

I'm one of the friendly ones. I'll usually hide from another player until they've gone past or I'll chat with them, but other than last night's effort, I don't tend to hang around with them too long just in case.

Edited by Mirkz

I am a friendly.Cept at night.

During the day i will help anyone i can and try to avoid bandits as much as possible.

During the night though, anyone who isn't with me or knows me is my target. No NVGs.No Map/GPS.Just me and a crossbow sneaking through town picking off zombies and survivors alike.

The day you are my friend.The night you are my prey.

Edited by Wolfgrey666

I kill every animal that I come a cross, rip out their flesh and move on to my next victim. I don't care much for other survivors unless they're killing my animals.

Edited by FaceAche
  • Like 2

If I see anything that moves in any sort of vaguely threatening manner I shoot it until the movement stops. Then I shoot it again.

I generally pvp until a hacker rolls along and ruins the fun. If I can manage a vehicle I will head to the northern airfield with a friend and look around for stuff. Not 30 minutes ago did we finally find a vehicle and as were making our way up the map a hacker ported us back.

I try to be friendly but I will murder you if you are armed and don't claim you are friendly, or if you murder one of my friends I will bring vengance from afar. When scavenging for equipment, I tend to be steathy around zombies, especially if unarmed. However, I do become a bit reckless when I do find a weapon. Agro a few zombies, lure them into a building, and then dispatch them. If I hear gunfire, I will actually run away from the area.

I tend to kill people if they see me or if I see them kill someone else.

Most of the time I run up and down the east coast looking for tents to rob, or sniping bandits. Yesterday I was hiding in the woods sniping zombies for new spawns.

Sometimes I die and play a bandit, sometimes a savior, it all depends on how I feel at the time.

Im a survivor who kills only when necessary. I sneak through towns and like to take down zombies from afar with an accurate weapon. I dont like advanced military gear that exists in the game because its so common and takes away the 'survivor feel'. I live in the forests and loot the smaller towns. I kind of roleplay it. Not much else to say.

Edited by Shaimou

I like playing a naive but capable survivor. I believe everyone could be friendly and deserves a chance (save for those that shoot at me). But don't approach me if you've heard shots recently as I get jumpy.