S_poon

I AM SHUTTING DOWN US 450!!!

I get that this is an Alpha, and that it was an experiment. But people have to realised that it is about to hit 1,000,000 players!

The experiment was a success! Time to stop calling it an alpha.

I know that the stand alone version is now being developed, and I know that absolutely no one has paid for DayZ.

But the admins DO pay for the servers to run it on, and we wouldn't be here complaining if we didn't care about our regulars and communities.

When was the last time an alpha had over 1,000,000 players?

I have no idea what is happening behind the scenes, but we need at least some official acknowledgement that you are hearing us, and not more "it is an alpha."

When was the last time an alpha had over 1,000,000 players?

Minecraft had 1,7 million users for the classic version (version before alpha and indev) - free version

55000 pre-purchased the game before the indev/alpha was released.

12. Januar 2011 it reaches the 1 million mark for purchased games as it was on beta state.

I agree that this mod should not called alpha anymore! also if the standalone would comes out this year it would be a wonder.

The devs are to slow with huge bugfixses like the glitech an loses more and more players, also server admins are pissed about hackers, server reports for nothing, etc and shut down their servers.

At the time my server is down and the one from my friend two. We did now install a private server with the map lingor (called dayz lingor) which makes currently more fun then the normal dayz =)

Edited by Shona

This is no argument! It is Alpha yeah but you can not say always it is Alpha the Devs have to delete the rules and let us admins have our rights for the server we pay (NOT THE DEVS)!

If the Devs want to control our server with such rules then they have to pay them otherwise servers going more and more down.

Why? Hackers destroy the Mod and admins can't do nothing. Everone want a proof if a player is a hacker but why and for what? That the hacker can make more shit in the time you search for proof or asking the community?

So look here http://dayzmod.com/f...-friend-server/ i ask and only one answer which is funny but has nothing to do with it! Can my friend ban this hacker?

NO because he have nothing only a video and pictures from me and the name of an death player.

I agree with you, dont get me wrong. We as admins should be able to take action against players not following the rules.

Edited by dannyboy92

I agree with you, dont get me wrong. We as admins should be able to take action against players not following the rules.

Exactly. it worked just fine for years and years untill people starting to complain they got banned for ''server own'' rules. Like pistols only in BF3.

people dont wanna look for a server the like the rules on.

So all rocket has to do is not allowing this type off rules and there shouldnt be a problem with kiddys whinning because they cant read / to lazy to look for a server.

Dudes complaining about day z devs not doing anything about hackers - i'm fairly certain they can't actually do anything about it within the confines of the arma 2 engine. pretty sure rocket has said that many times (i could have misunderstood, though). I think part of the reason why he is going standalone is so that he will have the ability to mess with the source and prevent the game being tampered with so easily. Considering this, directing rage at the devs is pretty crazy.

Most dont care, really. Honestly, let's see some fraps of this rampant stuff, because most mediocre players that get beat call hacks all too often.

Im not referring to getting shot in the face. I am referring to getting pulled up in the air and dropped. Thunderdomed ont he NW airfield, pulled to the electro firehall and beartrapped. and numerous other things that these children enjoy doing.

Dudes complaining about day z devs not doing anything about hackers - i'm fairly certain they can't actually do anything about it within the confines of the arma 2 engine. pretty sure rocket has said that many times (i could have misunderstood, though). I think part of the reason why he is going standalone is so that he will have the ability to mess with the source and prevent the game being tampered with so easily. Considering this, directing rage at the devs is pretty crazy.

Again, I am not blaming the DayZ devs for the hacking. I am askign them to let us DO something about it on our own servers without constant fear of getting blacklisted.

This is a problem with HFB though, not DayZ.

On a dedicated machine this is no problem.

However, do you have access to /cfgdayz/BattlEye/scripts.txt?

Correction, the problem is with DayZ forcing hosters to restrict the FTP access.

Additionally, all HFB users have FULL FTP access to the battleye directory.

Correction, the problem is with DayZ forcing hosters to restrict the FTP access.

Additionally, all HFB users have FULL FTP access to the battleye directory.

Mine wasn't working, however they have fixed the issue.

I'ma just let you guys know. It's not the DayZ dev's fault. Arma II is a very horrid engine just like WarRock.

There are just way to many "back doors" for hackers to use. Any 7 year old could hack this game.

Whats probably going on is 1 actual hacker divised a way to go about hacking arma II, dayz and put it out there somewhere so now we got children ruining the gaming experience.

Edited by DarkScience

I have posted on this subject in the "To all server admins" topic. I propose a 3 day shutdown on Aug. 17,18 & 19. We roll up the sidewalks that everyone is scavenging on. US 1262 will be down during that time frame.

Well... I, like any other admin have problems with hacking. Thing is, that isn't my biggest issue at the moment. I bought a server so people I know and myself can play on it and have a "home server". Problem is, no vehicles are spawning, tents aren't saving and people's inventories are messed up. People don't want to play on a server like this. I sincerely hope they can get something done to fix these issues as soon as possible or I'm just wasting my money on an empty server. :(

Reason why I am keeping mine up. Not going to lose my cool and shut it down, how can they analyze any data on the hackers if there are no servers around to collect data?

Just saying.

fan boy is a fan.

I can't ban people, because I can't prove shit.

Ban them anyways :\

Devs don't seem to do anything... Then again they don't care about 20,000 hackers they care about 300 abusive admins when players can just find another server. Personally I would shut my server down as well, except I haven't had to many hacker issues after I had a HUGE problem with them last week.

Reason why I am keeping mine up. Not going to lose my cool and shut it down, how can they analyze any data on the hackers if there are no servers around to collect data?

Just saying.

How can they analyze the data when the scripts are usually run with a bypass?

Just saying.

How can they analyze the data when the scripts are usually run with a bypass?

Just saying.

If the scripts.txt has the scripts the hackers are using in it the log file logs them bypass or not. I have a friend working on one for my server.

Also as stated earlier in the thread I am keeping the server up for now as it has gotten better since the battleye update. Aside from the recent Script Restriction 90 issue its been relatively quiet. My issue now is more that I would rather find someone other than HFB to give my money to.

Edited by S_poon

All the hackers I ban are also racist. Which is also a bannable offense... Just sayin... Mic spamming me with all their close minded racist remarks... UGH!

Edited by CamP

OP.. you should have taken a second to learn HFB control panel.. You had all the rights you needed.. but I do agree with shutting it down.. well for many reasons not just hackers

OP.. you should have taken a second to learn HFB control panel.. You had all the rights you needed.. but I do agree with shutting it down.. well for many reasons not just hackers

Im not bitching about what HFB does or doesn't let me do. I am bitching about the Dev's tying our hands. And battleye doing nothing about hackers. There was an Issue with my FTP access, it was fixed, but I have other reasons I dislike HFB. Which I wont get into here.

Im not bitching about what HFB does or doesn't let me do. I am bitching about the Dev's tying our hands. And battleye doing nothing about hackers. There was an Issue with my FTP access, it was fixed, but I have other reasons I dislike HFB. Which I wont get into here.

HFB is going down hill fast.. My last 2 tickets were answered by the CEO and CTO.. They don't seem to have real technicians atm.. BTW Rocket has allowed private hive, so know we can actually play again.. I/we just have to wait for th hosting companies to catch up and get hives avaiable since we dont have full control over the servers. im acutally looking around at different providers.

Edited by gwbrewer

This rampant hacking is out of control. I will no pay for a server for this community only to have it constantly plagued by hackers I can do nothing about.

I am shutting down my server until such a time as the dev's decide to stop being *edit* (Sorry the language was uncalled for) and let us police our servers. I sincerely hope the rest of you admins do the same.

Lets see their attitude when all the servers start going down.

I cancelled the 2 servers i had ad went private. Never going back. SIG