Uncle Bourbon

How to: Thunder Dome!

In this video, a player gets teleported to the "Thunder Dome".

HERE'S HOW TO WIN!

Quickly, run to the ammo boxes behind the tents!

Fast! Grab a gun!

THEN!

Shoot the hacker. S/he will more than likely be flying a helicopter around above,

or positioned somewhere nearby where s/he will observe from.

Don't kill eachother, that will get you nowhere.

Yes, a helicopter will spawn after 5 minutes,

but . . what good will that do you when you get teleported again later on?

Open up the player list and take a screenshot.

Activate fraps/whatever recording device you may have to see if you can catch the hacker.

Inform the server's admin, most server's have a website where this is possible.

Then, open a ticket and report the event.

If the hackers find out that the community fights strongly against them,

they'll get tired of torrenting/buying Arma and DayZ for new CD keys.

• Like 5

We stop playing, the hackers win... It's like a big shiny new wall, some douche bag is gonna come and write on it.

Shoot the hacker? He probably already has invincibility anyway.

Also, thunder dome doesn't seem too bad compared to the other hacks. From what I've seen, you can just log out. At least they don't insta-kill the whole server.

Shoot the hacker? He probably already has invincibility anyway.

Also, thunder dome doesn't seem too bad compared to the other hacks. From what I've seen, you can just log out. At least they don't insta-kill the whole server.

If they are invulnerable, then blow up a wall with satchel charges and go on your seperate ways.

Then who looks like a dumbass. The scripter who is going to get caught during a log check, that's who.

How do we deal with the hacker in thunderdome when he is invisible and has godmode on?

EDIT: I experience hackers on a daily basis. Not one day goes by that I don't. It includes everything from thunderdome, invulnerability, invisibility, scripting any weapon and vehicle they want instantly, wall hacks and pretty much anything that exists in terms of hacks. The game is completely broken. BI will most likely do another ban wave and fix the exploits and a few days later those fixes will be overcome. Whats going to fix the problems? Nothing. They will exist at least until the game becomes stand alone.

If you get called into thunderdome, disconnect is the best you can do. When your reconnect to another server you will start where the thunderdome was, which could be a good thing or a bad thing.

Edited by sostronk

You flip him off and then walk your separate ways. Gunning each other down is what s/he wants to see. Don't give them the satisfaction.

• Like 2

You know, the shame with the Thunderdome being a script "hack" is that the idea is actually fun. If they'd actually work WITH the community and set up servers where it started at specific times I am pretty sure a lot of people would join in. Being yanked from whatever you are doing at the moment and being forced into it? Just gonna piss people off and get the script blocked soon.

I got ported to the thunderdome and was the last one alive collected everything and somehow got telelported far southwest of kamenka in the water so i swam for 10 minutes i finally get to land and i get teleported again to cherno and i just log out i log back in another server and lost everything ;[

Bump....

I also posted on dayz.reddit.com about this.

I'm on day 2 of learning DayZ, and lost a 2-3 hour character due to this dumb shit. Pretty frustrating for a newbie.

I'm on day 2 of learning DayZ, and lost a 2-3 hour character due to this dumb shit. Pretty frustrating for a newbie.

It's really very annoying for sure! I've been insta-killed (along with the entire server) several times now ... if I could get my money back for this shit 'alpha' game, I would. If the game is bloody-well 'alpha' and were suppose to be 'testing' it, why the fuck do we have to pay for it ... why the fuck did I pay for it! Idiot.

It's really very annoying for sure! I've been insta-killed (along with the entire server) several times now ... if I could get my money back for this shit 'alpha' game, I would. If the game is bloody-well 'alpha' and were suppose to be 'testing' it, why the fuck do we have to pay for it ... why the fuck did I pay for it! Idiot.

DayZ is free.

ArmA 2 Combined Operations is $30.

If you're going to bitch about how you wasted money, you should at least know the difference.

If the hackers find out that the community fights strongly against them,

they'll get tired of torrenting/buying Arma and DayZ for new CD keys.

You know these people are just buying new keys and editting their registry, right?

This is not the way to stop the hackers, but it is better than doing nothing at all.